“Great experience”

Istanbul Apartments Istiklal
Ranked #70 of 1,249 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We absolutely loved Istanbul Apartments and would definitely come back to stay here the next time we visit. In terms of location, it is in a very hip area (in the heart of Taksim area) near all the famous & convenient amenities. In terms of comfort, the apartment is really perfect for relaxing and is like a home away from home. The beds are comfortable (including the sofa bed) and everything you would need in terms of amenities is pretty much there. Since I came here here for 23 nights (business & pleasure) with my family, I found it safe apartment where I can leave my family alone most of the day. Within a 2-3 minutes walking around, you can get all what you need for all (three meals) from the groceries & restaurants nearby. Washing all of our clothes (3 kids) family size at the washer/dryer at the building are more convenience. The place is spotless with cleaning service. Also there is a 24 hour person at the front desk (or standby by phone call) so worked well for us. Loved this place, think it really made our trip stress free in istanbul.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Ahmad S
Istanbulapt, Owner at Istanbul Apartments Istiklal, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2013

Dearest Ahmad,

We would like to thank you for your review about Istanbul Apartments on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your kind comments.

Hope to see you soon.

Best wishes from Istanbul Apartments team

Reviewed 19 October 2011

We arrived to Istanbul on the 6th of october 2011 to stay 4 days before travelling home. We had a booked room in a hostel that turned to be awful and we didn't want to stay any minute.It seemed to be impossible to find something better for the rest of the days, because everything was fully booked for the weekend. We found the address of Istanbul Appartments in Lonley Planet, called, and the owners were very helpful, they picked us up at midnight and let us stay in the Byzantium appartment for a good price.The appartment was centrally located but not noisy at all, well equipped. Any problems we had was fixed immediately by the one of the two guys running the business. We can only recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank adika1
Istanbulapt, Owner at Istanbul Apartments Istiklal, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2013

Dear Adika,

We would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay.

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Looking forward to seeing you in Istanbul,next time.

Best Regards,
Istanbul Apartments' staff

Reviewed 15 October 2011

This is the first time I was really disappointed after following trip advisor. My family reserved 3 apartments in the same building - The PELESENK BLDG:
TAXIM on the 3rd floor (My farther), TUNEL on the 2nd floor (my brother) and GALATA on the ground floor (mt daughter and me) . We made a reservation for 5 and 6 nights. My father and brother arrived on Friday afternoon. My daughter and me arrived Saturday at midnight. Due to the horrible experience we had, we changed our plans and left Sunday morning.

The experience was horrible, for the following reasons:

1. The surroundings: The building is in a very bad neighborhood. The streets are filthy, and suspicious people walk near the building at night. A night club is nearby so you can feel the bass and hear the noise in the rooms at night.

2. The GALATA room (ground floor): this room is really in 2 floors. The sleeping room is in the ground floor and the bathroom is in the basement. The worst thing about this room is the smell. The apartment has no ventilation and suffers from humidity. The result is a horrible smell that makes this apartment unlivable. My 8 year old daughter was supposed to sleep with me in this room. After 10 minutes we understood that it was impossible for her to sleep there. I moved her to sleep with my brother who slept in the TUNEL apartment. I managed to sleep an hour in the night I slept there. The smell just woke me up. In the morning I packed my things and left.

3. The TUNEL apartment (2nd floor): There are 2 problems with this apartment: A. The height of the ceiling. In some areas the ceiling is very low so you have to bend in order not to bang your head. B. The view - when you open the window, you have splendid view of a mountain of garbage.

4. The TAXIM apartment (3rd floor). The main issue of this apartment is the view - when you open the window, you have splendid view of a mountain of garbage.

In summary - Stay away. Don't go there!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank YoramZara
Istanbulapt, Owner at Istanbul Apartments Istiklal, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Although we endeavour to ensure that there is 100% satisfaction from our guests, from time to time there are issues that result in either misunderstandings or an error on someone’s part.
We would like to first point out that we have silver, gold and platinum listed properties. The building that is on Tripadvisor is not the same building in which the guests stayed. They stayed in the silver listed building.
We take all complaints very seriously, and where there is a problem, we either upgrade the guests to a higher apartment or provide a refund.
In this case, we were unable to solve the issues because the guests left without notification and the payment was incomplete. Guests have made the reservations on-line using our website where pictures, descriptions and videos of the individual apartments are available. Videos show how high the ceiling is. The price of the low ceiling apartment is according to our silver apartment rates.
As the properties are all well-located in excellent city center locations, there may be times when there is some refuse on the street, but we do our best to maintain our properties and their surrounds to the highest standards. In addition, we have full ventilation systems in all our properties, and regularly paint them to keep them fresh.
In summary, to our Turkish guests that had the issues, we wish that you would have given us the opportunity to make your stay enjoyable, and as we share the same language, we are sure that we could have found a solution.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

I stayed here for a week because I was visiting friends who live in the Beyoglu and this was the perfect location, off the main drag of Istiklal Street. The rooms were simple but spacious (I would have liked more light for reading!) and there is a sort of kitchenette with dining table in each living room (hot plate, fridge, etc.). I stayed on the fourth floor and that's a bit of a hike with no elevator so if that's an issue ask for something lower. Everyone who works there is warm, funny, helpful, and interested kind. I was always glad to see them, they added to my stay. They arranged for a driver to meet me at the airport for which I was grateful as it is confusing to get to by taxi otherwise. If you come with expectations of an affordable, remarkably spacious apartment without frills but with great hospitality, you will feel very satisfied with your stay. Someone is usually in the office but not at all times - but frequently throughout the day.

Room Tip: Quieter on the back side.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Christie P
Istanbulapt, Owner at Istanbul Apartments Istiklal, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

We normally do the housekeeping twice/week. But if the guest needs the rooms to be done more frequently, we just do it without extra charge.

Reviewed 4 October 2011

Perfectly located, very near the center, easy reach. The owners also offering an airport pick-up, very cosy and it is added to the apartment, so can pay the price together. Clean and spacey apartments, though we booked it for 4 people and the living room had a sofa, which opened up to kind of single bed...had a horrible night, but next morning the owners were very helpful and put an other single bed in the room, so at the end it was all sorted.
Recommend it if you are not looking for a very nice hotel with breakfast and posh environment. It really fits into budget deals with average facilities.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank henider
Istanbulapt, Owner at Istanbul Apartments Istiklal, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Whenever there is a problem and the guest is informing us in time, we make the appropriate changes. We like to fully satisfy the guests.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed at Istanbul Apartments on Tel Sok for 2 weeks during August. My husband had a conference; I went for fun. Because we were in one location for the whole trip, we really wanted to have a more "at-home" feel by staying in an apartment rather than a hotel. The savings in cost certainly didn't hurt!

Overall, we were really pleased with our apartment, called Yedi (= number 7). It had two single beds pushed together to make a king in one room and a futon in the living area, comfortably sleeping 4 people total. It's exactly how it looks in photos online. Great light in that apartment.

The owner, Necdet, was very accommodating, even giving us a discount for a two-week stay. The rest of the staff was great as well, especially Mahmut (best described as the "front desk guy/manager") who spoke great English and was especially helpful with all our questions and requests.

The location was ideal. We were right by Istiklal Street (Taksim area) without being on the street and dealing with the noise. It is a couple minutes walk from Taksim square and the funicular that connects to the tram that takes you to Old Town (an approximately 20 minute journey which we easily made on almost every day of our stay). There was even a cute little cafe next door to hang out, play tavla, and smoke a nargile. We really enjoyed our trip, and the apartment contributed a lot to the great experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank thrantastic
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This was our second time with Istanbul Apartments, this time we stayed a whole month, family of 4 by the end of the trip kids didn't want to go back to Japan, this little apartment felt like home for them. Owners of this apartment will leave you alone, unless you need their help, and you can focus on your family compleletely without any disturbance, hence it feels like home. Necdet bey was quick and clear in booking and Hasan bey was great in service, he was there when we need help, he even found a babysitter for my 7 and 2 yr olds. He couldn't have done any more. If I am in Istanbul, I will stay nowhere else.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Judoguy

Dear Judoguy,

Looking forward to seeing you in Istanbul,next time.

Best Regards,