Ekim Apartments
US$459
  • Restaurant
Hotel Empress Zoe(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$278
US$165
Trip.com
  • Breakfast included
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$414
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$192
US$177
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgrand bazaarblue mosquereasonable ratestourist sightswalking distanceturkish coffeemrkitchenetteairportsultanahmet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I spent a lot of time to find suitable hotel/apartment for my 5 persons family. You dont have to do the same. You found it now. Lovely and helpful staff (family business), airport transportation (1 free/apartment, 20 euros second), trusty reservation confirmation with credit card, clean rooms etc. Photos are real at their website and dont make any wrong appearance. Our holiday with Saban and others was really pleasant and i think this was not the last time we visit in Istanbul and Ekim apartments.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Timo J
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I dont have anything to add with my review i just want to confirm all the good reviews.Just returned from a 4 night stay at Ekim apartments and everything was as expected.Traveling with my wife and our 15 month daughter find very nice that the apartment is 50 meters from hipodrome square where all the magor sites are.Grand bazar is pretty close too but you have to climb a litle bit which was really dificult with a stroller.The owner was very helpful and kind, the apartment was clean everyday and the free airport pick up is great.Dispite our baby was sick all the time we where there from a fever virus we still manage to have a good time , it is a great city very colorful (litle crazy and crowded some times).Looking forward to return to Ekim apartments one day soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Staff : Saban the owner, he is very helpful and friendly. Also an old women the house keeper, she try to say hello to us everytime we met even she can't speak english.

Location: Before we come to istanbul, we think that Ekim location is quite far from transportation node(tram line). But when we stay, this location is perfect! We can walk to most interesting site in old town. And tram station is not too far to walk (flat not slope). There is small grocery shop by the corner.

Room: Room size is good for couple. Facility provided is all fuction. Small kitchen but works well. Toilet is too cold in night time, heater provide should be better.

Overall : We have great time at Ekim and istanbul. Thanks!

Room Tip: Try upper floor should come with good sleep, lower floor quite noisy but we choose it because building has no lift. We accept that.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chanipat
Reviewed 2 May 2012

After our first visit to Istanbul and stay at Ekim Apart at the end of last year we mentioned in our review here on TA that we were hoping to return this spring, and we did!

Of course we didn't even consider stayig anywhere else, and when we contacted Saban to book our accommodation for this second trip it felt like being back in touch with an old friend.

We were collected from the airport by the same driver as last time (I'm sorry I don't kow his name) and he too made us feel like we had returned home.

We stayed at the same building again but this time on the top floor which has a balcony which made for awesome sunrise viewing in the mornings. The building has a few mosques in the near vicinity and we love being woken up by the morning prayers!

Saban is a very busy man, and we are very busy travellers who want to see and do as much as possible when we're on holiday, so it wasn't until an hour or so before our departure that we finally met Saban again in person. It was wonderful to catch up with him and it is so nice to see that all his hard work seems to be paying off; the reviews here on TA are a very good example of it.

Although our second trip to Istanbul was longer than our first there is still so much we haven't seen and done that there will undoubtedly be a third trip, hopefully next year. It goes without saying that as soon as the flights have been booked we'll contact Saban for the accommodation!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mistaya71
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at Ekim Apartments for two weeks-10 days in main building and four in Marmara Sea Apartment which is in the newer building. Overall, we were very pleased with our choice. Here is a breakdown-
GOOD:
1. Location. Main building, while at first glance seems on a questionable street, is in a perfect spot. A big school is basically next door (really cool) and just on the other side of that is the Hippodrome. You can make it from front door to Blue Mosque in no more than 5 minutes. As I said, the place may look a bit run down from the outside, but this is part of the charm of Istanbul. Remember, this city is literally thousands of years old-its not gonna look like your average leafy, suburban avenue. Walk around these neighborhoods and you will find that they have charm/character, and whats more, they are safe and have plenty of restaurants closeby. While you're walking make sure you talk to the people, who are so very friendly. Also, grocery (5 min), bodega (3 min), laundry (3 min), Hagia Sofia/Cistern/Tram/Divan Yolu (10 min) The newer building with the Marmara Sea apartment is pretty much the same distance in times to main attractions, but it is a bit more difficult walk as it is down a hill from Hippodrome and Sultanahmet Square. The added benefit of the location of this building is the hamami-Safi and restaurant-Doy Doy closeby. Also there is Nargile bar/restaurant just a short walk away. In short, you cannot beat the location for the price; which leads me to .....

2. Value. When you combine the location, the room itself and the service (more on this later) you get great value at Ekim Apartments. Each room we stayed in (and we stayed in four separate rooms over two weeks) had full shower (New building showers a bit small), nice comfy bed, tv (limited english channels-brings some dvd's!), and kitchen. Kitchen is perfect for making breakfast (what we used it for mostly) or snacks. There is a juicer in each room and you wont believe how cheap oranges are at the market. I made fresh squeezed OJ every morning-very nice! While these things make Ekim a good place to stay, the best aspect of these apartments is by far .....

3. THE SERVICE. If you read the reviews on Ekim Apartments you will find this is a common theme. After my stay, I can only say I agree wholeheartedly with these reviews. Saban, as has been stated so many times, is Terrific. If you bring a tablet like we did, you can use the free wifi to contact Saban with questions/concerns and he responds very quickly (Im pretty sure he uses his Iphone to answer guest emails-therefore he is on it quick) There is housekeeping daily, and I would be remiss to not mention Merial. She takes care of the main building, most days by herself, and even with limited English managed to convey a caring and friendly attitude. Not only this, but let me tell you-this lady knows how to clean. I am used to making my bed each day, but when she came in she remade it. Guess my way didn't meet her standards! She even washed our dishes each day. The service is outstanding. After two weeks in Istanbul, I felt like I had made a new friend in Saban-one of the coolest hotel managers I have ever met.

The only negatives are minor and fairly disappear in light of the outstanding aspects of Ekim Apartments. One thing is the noise. Mostly this a fact of life in major cities-traffic, horns, pedestrians etc. Remember, the proximity of these apartments to major sites dictates that visitors will encounter these things. Also, each building has a handful of apartments, and while the noise is not horrible, you can hear the neighbors, especially when they are coming in/out of the building. Having said this, all of these issues can be mitigated with a pair of good earplugs, so make sure you pack some!!

In summary, Ekim apartments is a great fit for those wishing to be close to the action and who don't have Donald Trump's bank account (those people are at the Four Seasons anyway) However, I bet even the Four Seasons cant match the service provided by Saban and his staff. I spent literally hours searching for the right place for my wife and I to stay in Istanbul and it payed off. Next time Ill save the hours wasted in research and book Ekim.

Room Tip: Main building makes for easiest walk to major site, plus it's right next to Sokullu Mosque. We stayed in three of the rooms in this building and they were all nice. Topkapi/Dolmabache rooms best. Newer building has newer amenities, but hill and steep stairs can be problematic.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple