“Fantastic Hotel in Sultanahmet”

Tashkonak Studio Suites
Ranked #112 of 1,080 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 January 2012

This hotel was fantastic and great value for our money! It offers great location and the rooms is very nice and large with a kitchenette. The staff was wonderful, extremely friendly and helpful. They always answered our questions about what and where to go/see. The free Wi-Fi in the room worked great and the room was beautifully decorated. It was a large room and very comfortable. All the attractions were within walking distance, yet it is just far enough from all the noise, making the location perfect. The breakfast buffet was good and had many choices. Also, if paying with cash, they give a discount. We will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are the cheapest but they are a great value.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sonrisa18

Reviewed 26 December 2011

We stayed at tashkonak apartments and suites for 6 nights in Istanbul in Dec. While searching for hotels on TA we were not sure how the hotel would be actually. We have to admit that it has been a lovely stay. Great suite, super clean and comfortable beds and sheets and feet location. The breakfast served is also nice with offerings of omelettes. The staff is very helpful. We would definitely stay here again !

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank love1999
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Having booked a budget price room for our family (two adults and one child aged 6) I was surprised and overwhelmed to be lead to a fabulous suite-size room (bathroom, micro-wave, fridge) with an extra bed for our daughter. There was room for all of us to do yoga in the morning. The staff was very friendly, the homemade food in the rooftop breakfast room fresh and authentic. We felt warm hospitality and would love to return any time.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Nicole K
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Staff so friendly and helpful. Room was excellent and so clean and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and I love my coffee of which there was plenty. The location is wonderful, so close to historical sites and I was able to walk where I wanted to go. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank bobnMoruyaAustralia
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Located close to Blue Mosque with stunning views of the sea at breakfast and shady terrace garden. Staff went out of their way and were friendly and helpful. Top marks. This is the sixth Hotel we have stayed in Istanbul and its the best so far.

Room Tip: All the rooms are clean and well situated
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank karenp27
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I was travelling alone and had heard scary stories about turkish men following/flirting with ladies as well as pickpocketers. Once i arrived to the hotel, they gave me a suite all to myself. 'Hayatti', front desk officer extremely helpful with getting me tours (highly recommend his suggestions) as well as each time i wanted to get to a location he would guide me on the map. I had looked up an opening ceremony of the Istanbul Music Festival, he helped me locate tickets and asked them to reserve them for me. He helped in converting my dollars and on the last day when i wanted to buy turkish delights, he walked with me to the shop and got the delights for me. The breakfast and other amneties were perfect. The location and hospitality is the best part of the hotel. Their new hotel: Sultan's Royal which will be inaugurated next week is another jewel in this neighbourhood which is just 2 minutes away from Tashkonak. The manager, showed me the premises and it is exquisite with a private terrace to the top rooms and reading lights on beds and amazingly beautiful bathroom. A must must recommended hotel !

Shopping Tip : Arasta Bazaar right next to the hotel is the same, at times cheaper prices from the grand bazaar.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a view.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank travellerish
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Hotel and Suites Tashkonak are very well located - close to the major tourist sites in Sultanahmet and just a short walk to the tram which takes you over to the lively Beyoglu area. The suite we stayed in was very comfortable and everyone at the hotel was pleasant and helpful. Highly recommend

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple