We are a couple at mid 30s that stayed for 6 days during January. We had a room at the first floor overlooking the internal courtyard. We spent little time at the hotel and we basically chose it for the location and the good rate.
- Front desk staff is excellent. We have never felt more welcome.
- On arriving to the hotel, we were given a brief orientation of visiting Istanbul which was very informative.
- We were offered a free upgrade from standard to luxury room and a complimentary lunch for two at the hotel's restaurant.
- They were very helpful and efficient on making bookings at restaurants as well as suggesting places to go like the Chemberlitas Hamam which proved to be a very good choice.
- Room size is very spacious with a huge shower.
- Spotlessly clean.
- Very quiet room.
- Very comfortable bed
- Free daily tea time with pastries and cookies but we didn't use it.
- Free wifi working properly.
- Complimentary coffee and tea in room.
- Good location. Walking distance to main attractions of Sultanahmet. 10 minute walk to the nearest tram station that can get you to Bazaar District (15 minutes overall) or Galata bridge (20 minutes overall). However, it is a little bit difficult to reach Beyoglu which is the center of nightlife. You need to take the tram to Galata (about 20 minutes) and then the funicilar to Beyoglu (about 10 minutes). You have also the option of taxi which is cheap but try to avoid those fishing tourists in main spots and better stop taxis driving around.
- Didn't visit the restaurant.
- No view from the room.
- Room decoration seems a little bit updated but well maintained.
- Breakfast buffet quality is below average but staff is polite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the old town of the magnificent Istanbul, you will find the charming boutique Hotel Seraglio. The hotel has 14 tastefully and comfortably decorated rooms in different categories. Hotel Seraglio is located in the heart of world famous heritages in the historical Sultanahmet district of Istanbul. All the major touristic places are within walking distance. You can also go to Taksim/ Beyoglu in 15 minutes by streetcar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Seraglio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.