Hotel Amira Istanbul
US$126
US$123
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Istanbul Golden City Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$64
US$314
US$152
Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
US$135
  • Breakfast included
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$62
3,323 results
All reviewsrooftop terraceblue mosqueold citythe complimentary afternoon teawelcome drinkrestaurant recommendationswithin walking distancethe hotel staffgrand bazaarturkeyhagia sophiadeluxe roommajor attractionswonderful hotelturkish delightmain siteswould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I think the entire staff of the hotel deserves a 5* plus rating! I have never experienced such a warm welcome at any hotel around the world. Excellent location in the old city. 5 minute pleasant walk to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia and the tramway. Another short walk to a broad selection of good restaurants. The rooms are rather small but very nicely decorated. Only minus perhaps was the bathroom. Very high and uncomfortable access to the bath/shower. Spots of mildew in the corners. Great rooftop terrace with views of the Blue Mosque and Bosphorus. Superb breakfast buffet.
After our return to Belgium I contacted the hotel with a special request. I take this occasion to express my sincere thanks to Arthur, the Front Desk Manager, for his courteous help and kindness.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I give this hotel 5 stars for their attention to detail and for their service to their guests. My wife and I arrived at 6AM the day we were suppose to check-in. I had emailed the hotel prior to arrival and told them we were arriving early in the morning and were hoping to check-in early if possible. They said if a room is available, they would let us. When we arrived, we were extremely tired from the flight and our previous travels. Our room wasn't available yet, but the hotel gave us a temporary room downstairs (Room 102) at 6AM so we could go to sleep, use the restroom, use the shower, and just relax!! This is what I call service and taking care of your guests! What hotel lets you do that!?

The staff was always very friendly and helpful when we had questions about something. They provided us with tram tokens which made using the tram easier. I would suggest keeping some extra tokens just in case cause you never know when you will need them (they just add the cost to your room). The tram is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel (to Sultanahmet Park and the Blue Mosque area). The staff called many places for us trying to make dinner reservations even just a few hours before we wanted to go for dinner. They moved our bags around when we needed and ALWAYS smiled. I cannot say enough about how polite each and every person was to us.

The breakfast in the morning downstairs was amazing. They had cereal, eggs, fruit, yogurt, pastries, juice, coffee, and much more. That was the best watermelon I've ever had! There is also a computer downstairs if you want to use it. But the internet in our room worked excellent so we used our own laptop.

Speaking of our room (room 302), it was extremely clean and well kept. The attention to detail, the design, and layout was excellent. We had a standard size room and it was just fine for us. The only issue I had was that the bathroom was a tad small for me since I am 6'1. The shower didn't have a lot of room to move around. The temporary room we stayed in was probably a Deluxe room and had a bigger shower/bathroom. I originally wanted to get a Deluxe room, but they were all booked. It was a small issue, but not a huge problem for me. The finishings in the bathroom and bedroom were top notch (I loved the light shade with the Mosque on it!).

We did spend some time on the rooftop where there is a nice view of the water. But we did not have a chance to use the Wellness Center (jacuzzi and fitness area). Overall, this was a spectacular boutique hotel which truly cares for their guests. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Get a Deluxe Room if possible, it should have a bigger bedroom and bathroom to give you more space.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2011

A very cute and cozy boutique hotel in the heart of Istanbul!! great location, superb staff!!
the afternoon complimentary tea is great after a long day. The breakfast buffet is very good. The view from the roof in the afternoon is spectacular- I am glad we picked hotel Amira!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2011

My daughter and I stayed 4 nights at the Amira in September 2011 on the "cultural package" which includes 2 airport transfers. Absolutely delightful hotel and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. We had a standard twin room and it was very good. lovely bathroom and everythiing very clean. It is in a very convenient area of Istanbul. Close to the Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque and Topkapi Palace. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. We arrived and they took us up to the rooftop terrace for a drink and an orientation of the city. Both the Hammam and restaurant they recommended were excellent. They are extremely service oriented and kind. There is complimentary wi fi. The breakfast is a beautiful and delicious spread.
I highly recommend this gem of a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011