“Amazing”

Hotel Amira Istanbul
Ranked #8 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

This is truly the best run hotel I have ever been to. They do everything that could make your stay and exploration easy and fruitful automatically.

For example when you arrive they sit you down, while our bags are being put your room, offer you a free drink and give you a map which they then guide you through. Their recommendations were very good and made exploring very easy, though we still got lost a few times! You can buy tram tokens, at the normal rate, from reception, which they just add to your bill, which saves you time figuring out the machines. When we had problems with a tour company being late they phoned them on our behalf and sorted it out for us even though the booking had nothing to do with the hotel. They have free tea, coffee and cake at 5pm and the breakfasts were delicilous.

The room provides everything you could ask for and is of a very voluptuous turkish style. Nice touches like robes, a good selection of tea and coffee and a decent size bottle of complimentary water are great and make life easy.

The hotel is just so unbelievably well run, they really do make a huge effort to make you stay as pleasurable as possible. They even had some of their lamp shades expressed to us on our last night from their supplier because we liked them so much and wanted some to take home with us. Really really fantastic hotel.

• Stayed November 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

Had a fantastic 2 nights at this hotel. We had a superior room and it was a good standard - very clean, comfy and quite tastefully decorated (not too over-the-top blingy like other Turkish establishments!) My only small complaint was there wasn't enough shower gel - a tiny little bottle for 2 people that disappeared after one shower. The mini bar was well stocked and not too over priced (which makes a pleasant change) and the wi-fi worked perfectly. The staff at the hotel couldn't be more helpful - they welcomed us with afternoon tea and pastries (which is complementary every afternoon) and gave us a short and informative overview of the local sights, transport system etc. They also helped by confirming restaurant bookings, calling taxis etc. The location is good, 5 min walk from main square. On the whole a great little hotel - we'd go back and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stayed at Hotel Amira in July 2011 and am so glad I booked this hotel for my stay in Istanbul. I have spent many holidays in Turkey and have lived in the country for a period of time in various tourist areas. This is one of this nicest places I have stayed while on holiday in Turkey. It is a beautiful hotel with very kind and caring staff who helped me organise anything I needed. I arrived late at night and had organised a private pick up, which was very much worth it as I was not feeling well on arrival. The next morning I woke up late and missed breakfast but when the staff realised I had missed breakfast they had someone in the kitchen make me up a lovely platter. The breakfast spread is amazing and they have a great selection of cheeses, meats, cereals, olives, pastries, and juices/teas/coffees.

The rooms are very, VERY comfortable and really charming. The location is fantastic and is only a very short (maybe 3-5min walk) from the Blue Mosque, Aya Sofya, the underground basilica, Islamic arts museum and various other sites. It is maybe a 10minute walk from the Grand Bazaar and once there you are very close to the Spice Bazaar. The only problem I had was when I was leaving and I decided to get a taxi, instead of a private transfer, from the hotel to the airport. Unfortunately the taxi driver tried to rip me off quite a great deal of money for the ride. This is not the fault of the hotel in anyway but did take away from my enjoyable experience so I do recommend private transfers. Otherwise, find out how much the trip should be (I think it is roughly 25-35YTL) but double check with the staff and make sure the taxi driver keeps the toll on at all times.

The hotel suits all travellers including business, couples, family, friends and solo. I travelled as a single female and felt very safe and looked after, not that I have felt unsafe in any of my time spent in Turkey. However, I probably have never been so comfortable.

Overall, I cannot speak highly enough of my experience here and will most definitely return back to Hotel Amira on my next trip to Istanbul.

Thank you to all the staff who made my stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: I don't know if there is a good room and a bad room in this place, I would be surprised if there...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank BridgetOz
London, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

We stayed in this hotel in the mid October 2011. I chose it because the recommendation from the tripadvisor reviews. And we were not dispointed! It is centrally located, very clean, with very polite and well trained staff. We had a very enjoyable stay in the Amira for three nights. It is not excellent in the "Four Season" sense, but for the price you pay, this is far better value than lots of 5star hotels. I would definitely stay here again for my next visit. The downside? With the glowing reviews here, one has to book rooms well in advance then....maybe we should just keep it a secret ;-)

Later in our stay, we moved to another hotel in another area of Istanbul, as we wanted to expeirience differ atmosphere of different area. The other hotel is of similar price tag, but neither the hotel nor the staff are half as good as Amira!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

Enjoyed 2 nights stay. Rooms were spacious and clean. We were on 4th floor. Our friends on the 2nd floor complained of noise from the street.

Staff was really nice and helpful. Location is good and 5 mins walk from the Sultanahmet square.

• Stayed November 2011
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

Just what you expect; clean, friendly, excellent location, nice extra touches, well decorated. It was a real pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank JamieAshwell
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

I had several nights at the Amira earlier this year. Very comfortable and clean hotel, room was very nice, with jacuzzi in bathroom. Handy location, nice stroll to restaurants, Arasta Bazaar, Blue mosque etc. Staff are fantastic. Helpful, friendly, and genuine. Breakfast good. The hotel just has a nice "small hotel" boutique feel, where you are made feel welcome and at home. Rooftop area also very nice. Would stay again when in Istanbul.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo