“Superb hotel & excellant staff”

Hotel Amira Istanbul
Ranked #2 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 2 February 2014

A fantastic hotel in a superb location, within easy walking distance to many attractions. All the staff were happy to answer what must be the same questions asked time & time again. Early morning call at 4am was supplied with a buffet breakfast & on time. We were in an executive room which was very luxurious & spacious. We would happily go there again, value for the money compared to the amenities on offer. Thank you for making our stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spacepam

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I echo all the latest positive reviews. We were impressed that the manager (at least that is who we thought he was) knew who we were despite us never having had an introduction. Around midnight one evening we were wandering back a little bit lost but almost there and he called out to us by our names and pointed us towards the hotel. Comforting in a strange place but a little eerie ---though generally we found the Turks to have tremendous hospitality and going out of their way to be helpful. I agree with the comment about doing your own due diligence with respect to tours . Also -- the staff have great advice and have heard a lot of feedback so can tell a lot. If you are particular, I would advise to not take what they say for granted and do a little of your own research. In general however, their advice is good. One example I offer is the Bosphorus tour. We were advised to pay a tour company but found the local tram then ferry to be excellent. That said, you need more time to do it this way and the tour can get you back and forth more quickly, albeit more expensively. Overall, excellent location, nice rooms, reasonable price and very helpful staff. If I go back, and I hope to, I would stay at Hotel Amira again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank iz1989
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Amira is a perfect place to stay. In the middle of Sultanahmet (where you definetely want to be). Rooms are very nice and so are the amenities such as breakfast, afternoon tea and the fitness room.

Staff is extremely nice, but before you buy any tours from the hotel please make your own survey. You will most probably find much better prices.

I definetely would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank GFtrip
Reviewed 14 January 2014

It was the second time we stayed at this hotel and we, once more, loved the high quality service of this small, family-run hotel.
Everything was as perfect as the previous time.
We only had one negative comment: the breakfast was rich and included all kind of stuff, but it was repetitive. It lacked some more turkish flavours, such as local sweets (baclava or kadayif) and some local pies.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank verofina
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed with my husband for 2 days. We went to celebrate my birthday and the hotel was already informed. They upgrade us in a spacious room which was really nice, so I cannot really tell you how the standard room was. They even brought me a chocolate fondue in my room with a "Happy birthday message" which is a really nice touch. Fatih & Sim, and all the staff were real attentive. They helped us arrange our trip. The location is perfect, since is near all the monuments. The property though is not something funcy or "wow" with spacious areas, but the staff make your vacation special and not the building.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This was an unbelievable choice for a pleasant stay in an incredible city. perfect location, unbelievable staff that went above and beyond from the time we arrived right up until we departed. I am actually returning there again this May since I loved it so much!!!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and it was perfect.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank mrpf
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This delightful little place was the most welcoming hotel I have ever stayed in. On arrival my husband and I were offered a drink and were sat down and given a thorough introduction to Istanbul and the hotel, and a map was provided with travel hints and restaurant recommendations marked down for us. These all proved very helpful. The hotel itself is perfectly situated for the major attractions, although I would point out that although it is only 5 minutes walk to the Blue Mosque, they are five very uphill minutes. Istanbul is itself very hilly and I'm glad we were not there in the heat of the summer.

The breakfasts were good, and the wifi worked well. The roof terrace was lovely. The staff, though, made this such a special stay, even thoughtfully giving me some turkish delight as they had noticed it was my birthday. An easy recommendation.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple