“deserves its excellent rating”

Hotel Amira Istanbul
Ranked #7 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
birmingham
“deserves its excellent rating”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

from the initial greeting to departure we were looked after so well I cannot believe you would get a better place to stay in Istanbul. Manager gave us a warm welcome and lots of good advice where to go, eat, avoid etc and some places offer a discount for Amira customers. Rooms very clean and comfortable. Breakfast excellent and plenty of choice all well presented. The bonus is fantastic afternoon tea, cakes, sandwiches etc served daily and all complimentary. The room top garden offers superb views of the city and the location could not be better for most sightseeing. I can completely recommend this outstanding hotel for quality and value for money even the airport shuttle they arranged worked well.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank gerry r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv
Reviewed 10 February 2014

A small family boutique hotel in a walking distance from all the attractions in the old city. I have spent 2 nights over the weekend and had a very pleasant and enjoyable stay. It started with a warm a welcome of the staff including an orientation about the city. Very good breakfast (not big but very fine). Every day there is a stylish tasty Tea-Time between with great cakes free of charge for the guests. I felt most welcome and at home with the friendly staff who is happy to help in every need. The best service I remember in a hotel. The decoration is very graceful and every corner is well maintained.
The rooms are nice but the one we have stayed in had no view. No lobby or show-off public areas but It is a luxurious hotel in a very reasonable price (halve of all the 5 stars well known names).

Room Tip: Some of the room in the basement have a window to the street- not recommended.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Avinadav
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Simply the Perfect place for any type of trip.
Love the staff and their friendship. A very small place but with a big heart inside.
The rooftop view is good,but it was closed of cold weather. We hope next time we are about to go there is summer time & so we can party,drink and talk with others on the rooftop

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Arash A
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

A difficult equation is to achieve luxury in a so simple way .. And that's what I had experienced in hotel Amira !!!

When I was planning my trip and while I was checking the reviews at tripadvisor .. I saw that this hotel was ranked at the 3rd place in Istanbul ... So I decided to try it and made my reservation after 48 hours I received a very gentle welcoming email from the hotel guest relation presenting Istanbul's touristic sites and tours .. I was very delighted b touch.

As I first saw the hotel exterior, I wondered how such a small 4 floors "boutique" is ranked 3rd in Istanbul !!.. Yet when I entered the hotel and began to talk to the receptionist .. I realized why this hotel had this rank ... An excellent perfect English tongue pretty female with a wonderful smile welcomed us and started to present the hotel facilities and the nearby touristic attractions through a nice map.. The hotel site is really perfect as it's walking distance from all the historical attractions of the old city as well as the public transportation (tramvay).

Room: A very well decorated chic clean room .. relaxing colors .. Fully equipped... I really loved it

Service : simply just dream and they will make it true !!!

Staff : Very professional .. Always smiling ... Helpful ... Nothing could be better !!

F&B: The food varieties was little yet the quality and taste was excellent.

The top floor terrace is wonderful !!!

Overall experience and recommendations: An excellent place .. So simple ... Luxury in its simple meanings ... Super service ........ Highly recommend it !!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Only number 2 out of 900 hotels!

What on earth does it take to be number 1?

We will not hash over the cleanliness, location, rooms, breakfasts and afternoon teas. It's all been said before. From the first few seconds you get a strong feeling that this is a cheerful team of young but experienced people that know how to make people happy. And go about doing it with enthusiasm and intelligence.

Keep at it guys. Number one has to be on the horizon sometime soon.

We love you all

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

A fantastic hotel in a superb location, within easy walking distance to many attractions. All the staff were happy to answer what must be the same questions asked time & time again. Early morning call at 4am was supplied with a buffet breakfast & on time. We were in an executive room which was very luxurious & spacious. We would happily go there again, value for the money compared to the amenities on offer. Thank you for making our stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank spacepam
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I echo all the latest positive reviews. We were impressed that the manager (at least that is who we thought he was) knew who we were despite us never having had an introduction. Around midnight one evening we were wandering back a little bit lost but almost there and he called out to us by our names and pointed us towards the hotel. Comforting in a strange place but a little eerie ---though generally we found the Turks to have tremendous hospitality and going out of their way to be helpful. I agree with the comment about doing your own due diligence with respect to tours . Also -- the staff have great advice and have heard a lot of feedback so can tell a lot. If you are particular, I would advise to not take what they say for granted and do a little of your own research. In general however, their advice is good. One example I offer is the Bosphorus tour. We were advised to pay a tour company but found the local tram then ferry to be excellent. That said, you need more time to do it this way and the tour can get you back and forth more quickly, albeit more expensively. Overall, excellent location, nice rooms, reasonable price and very helpful staff. If I go back, and I hope to, I would stay at Hotel Amira again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple