Hotel Amira Istanbul
Hotel Coliseum(Istanbul)
Albinas Hotel(Istanbul)
Erguvan Hotel(Istanbul)
3,262 results
All reviewsrooftop terraceblue mosqueold citythe complimentary afternoon teawelcome drinkrestaurant recommendationswithin walking distancethe hotel staffgrand bazaarturkeyhagia sophiadeluxe roommajor attractionswonderful hotelturkish delightmain siteswould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2010

We have spent 5 nights in Amira Hotel. My wif & me & my little baby. It has been the greatest & most enjoybale time I have spent in my vacation holidays ever.

The moment you walk into the hotel you feel yourself home. All the staff is showing terrific & super treatment to customers, VIP treatment.

Everything was really perfect from a warm & kind reception on the first moment of check-in till the lovely goodbye on the date of check-out. Staff is very professional & well taking care of the customers.

Room cleaness is excellent. Food & Beverages are super & great.

We really felt ourselves home, & deelpy wished if we have had more time to stay in Amira Hotel.

I defintely would recommend Amira Hotel for everyone who wants to have great vacation.

For sure I am booking in Amira Hotel for any future vacation plan in Istabul. It adds a great value to your vacation. Deep thanks to all the staff in Amira Hotel, & well done.

Best wishes.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2010

The hotel is new, clean and lovely and the most important feature is the wonderful staff., willing to do anything they can to enhance your trip. Arthur gave us a wonderful orientation to the hotel, offered to send staff to buy us a certain coffee machine my husband was looking for, and provided excellent recommendations on restaurants. We were initially disappointed by our ground floor room (pretty but no privacy from the street) as we are light sleepers and had requested a quiet room. There was nothing else available that night but the next day they upgraded us to a lovely large quiet room. Loved the breakfast and all the folks who worked there. I would come back in a heartbeat when in Istanbul.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2010

We just returned from spending 4 nights at the Amira. It was such a great experience. Simply the best staff we have ever encountered. There were always available to help with anything and seemingly happy to do so. A very nice addition for travelers who have never been to the city before. We felt like we always had a friend to call if there was any kind of a problem away from the hotel but there never was.

I so agree with the last review, good location slightly off the busy beaten path so quiet and soothing. Wonderful breakfast, lovely terrace for a sunset and a comfortable room complete with an iPhone docking station and self closing drawers. My only complaint....and it is small.... is that the lighting in the bathroom was not the best.

If you are going to stay in Sultanamet---this is your hotel. I understand why it is the #1 rated hotel in Istanbul in Tripadvisor---quite an honor.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2010

If you are traveling to Istanbul the Hotel Amira is the perfect place to stay. I travel frequently for business and am spoiled when it comes to hotel stays. I could not have been happier with my experience at Hotel Amira. The staff was perfect. They were all very nice, knowledgable and smart and they took the time to make sure that each and every detail was perfect. In fact, after staying there for 3 nights when we were scheduled to transfer to another hotel we extended our stay at the Hotel Amira.

The rooms were very clean and well done - Very comfortable. The They were nicely appointed and (unlike some European hotels) took care of all ammenities. Breakfast was fabulous and filling. Lots of fruits, cheeses, meats, different Turkish pastries with cheese fillings, cereal, breads, yogurt, juices, eggs, potatoes.

The location is perfect because you are within walking distance of all of the fabulous sites in the old town, but not so close that you get traffic or tourist noise. The rooftap terrace is a lovely place to enjoy some quiet downtime looking at the water.

The hotel is small (about 30 rooms) and it is family owned, so you get extra care, but the owners and operators are sophisticated and well traveled enough to truly provide 5 star service for a boutique hotel price. We also stayed at the Sirkeci Konak during our trip and it was ok, but there was NO comparison between it and the Hotel Amira.

If choosing between the Hotel Amira, the Sirkeci Konak or one of the American 5 star hotels then definitely stay at the Hotel Amira. Amazing service and the value truly can't be beaten.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank happycycle
Reviewed 28 October 2010

Hotel Amira was lovely. Set in the historic Sultanhamet section of Istanbul this boutique hotel was a highpoint of our trip. Modern decor and traditional service combined in a memorable lodging experience. The location is superb for access to the historic old town and trams to the modern sections of Istanbul.

• Stayed: October 2010