“the best hotel in the world”

Hotel Amira Istanbul
Ranked #8 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Sao Paulo, SP
“the best hotel in the world”
Reviewed 31 January 2011

the hotel is fantastic
i had never imagined that something like that really exists
the staff are very kind and friendly
they smile at you all time and help you with everything you need 24 hours
the provide you with all the important information about the city and the best places to visit
they start to accompany you since you make the reservation, welcome you, provide you with information you need and answer all your questions and doubts
the breakfast is awsome and very well served
the hotel is extremely clean and always perfumed
the rooms are spacious, comfortable, elegant, luxurious, happy and calm colours.
its 5 minutes from the blue mosque aya sofia , basilica, islamic art musuem, topkapi palace, also from the tram station from where you can go to taksim and istiklal avenue
this hotel really made my vacation the best vacation i have ever had
i highly recommend this hotel , if you need to garantee and enjoy your vacation

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed 28 January 2011

This Hotel is amazingly good. We went there with our 10 month old son. Everything about this hotel is good!! But most of all, the people who work in the hotel are tooo nice. They make you feel guilty because they give you whatever you ask and go the extra mile to make you happy. I beg you not to demand something you don't deserve though. It's not fair. They treat our son like a king. They loved him so much. They treated us like a family and not like guests. Thank you so much!!! We already miss all of you and hope to visit you soon.

Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2011

My wife and I just returned from a 4-night stay at Hotel Amira where we were quite impressed with the hotel and its staff. Natalie provided us with an overview of the city and gave us some idea in terms of how to plan our sight seeing routes over our stay. In the afternoons, after 5 pm, Marve and Aziz would welcome us with tea or Turkish coffee and delicious pastries and cakes in the lounge. The front desk staff were extremely professional while being friendly and helpful. Arthur had always good suggestions regarding good local restaurants offering authentic Turkish cuisine. The hotel is conveniently located in a quiet part of Sultanahmet with easy walk to most attractions within a few minutes. The rooms are good size, very clean and comfortable. Having WiFi access in the rooms is also great. Overall we very much enjoyed our stay at Hotel Amira as it felt like home away from home!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Best location, excellent service, great rooms, totally worth it!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 20 January 2011

Stayed at Hotel Amira for business purposes, but will return again - for a holiday - same location!

Firstly, I'd like to say, staying at Hotel Amira was like staying at a friends/relatives house, the manager and staff were warm, helpful and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble and went that extra mile to make sure your stay was comfortable.

The hotel itself was spacious, clean and comfortable, even my mother would have approved! Free wifi through the hotel. Breakfast in the mornings was also fantastic.

Hotel Amira has easy access to the Sultahnamets historical sights blue mosque - 200m, museums, bars, restaurants and the most amazing bazzar in the world, I think my wife on the next trip may need a week to sift through this underground treasure of delights!

All in all a great hotel run smoothly with the guidance of a fantastic manager who ensures the comfort of his guests.

Chris O'Grady
POWER FLEX CABLES.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 11 January 2011

The good thing: location; the bad thing: location.

Conveniently located behind the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia, this hotel is perfect for the traveler who seeks to explore the Sultanahmet area of Istanbul where bulk of the tourist sites are. I stayed there for 3 nights from Dec 31 till Jan 3 and everyday, walking past the Blue Mosque was an amazing experience; the grandeur and beauty of Istanbul really strikes me.

The nearest tram station is also nearby Blue Mosque (Sultanahmet) and if you want to visit the Grand Bazaar, Spice Market or Tokapi, this hotel is perfect as the base for you.

However, I realized that most of the restaurants near this hotel are mostly tourist centric and after speaking to a few locals, most of them told me that the old district is indeed catered mostly to tourists and if one wants to dine more like a local, the Beyolgu district is a better fit. That said, I had to make my way to the Beyolgu district by tram every night I was there as I simply refuse to be part of the whole tourist trap dining circuit in Sultanahmet.

The hotel itself is very comfy and the beds provided a soulful sleep for me. However, if you, like me, got a room that has a door to connect to the next room, then be prepared to hear some of the noises from your neighbor. For the price of $130 a night that I paid through expedia, I find this to be a great hotel for the first time visitor to the amazing city. The staff are helpful and accommodating; what impressed me most was that they actually gave me another room as I got into Istanbul at 5am and checked in at 6am, as such, my original room was not ready. They immediately offered another room for me to rest before calling me in the morning to inform me when my room was ready. Ozzie from the front desk was so helpful in explaining the sites and the location and he is a true gem that any guest there should approach! Another plus point is the free wifi in the hotel and rooms! Very fast and reliable connection to plan any last minute itinerary.

However, if i ever return to the city again, I'll like to try a hotel in the Beyoglu district near Taksim so that I can zip the streets more like a local and escape the touristy sites since I've seen it before.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank GeraldSingapore
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 11 January 2011

During our travel in Istanbul we stayed at Hotel Amira and we don't have the words to express their hospitality and willingness. When we arrived at the hotel (at 9:00 pm) the room was ready and the staff offered to us breakfast (free of charge) even if we weren't entitled of. The staff led us to the breakfast room and one sits with you and explains where you are, what you must see, where to eat, everything you can think of. Any question you have or any request they have the answer and if they don't they will find it for you (the next morning a couple checked in and a guy from the staff gave them his mobile phone just in case they needed anything). They all speak English of course. Every afternoon they offer at the hotel tea (again free of charge). They have an ATM inside the hotel, but if you want to exchange money they can change it at the concierge.
The location of the hotel is perfect. Within walking distance at every touristic site of Sultanahmet (Top Kapi, Aya Sofia, Blue Mosque) and 15-20 minutes walking from Galata Bridge. Rooms are wonderfully decorated, very clean and if i must find a fault is the fact that they are small (we stayed at a double standard room).
And finally a detail that might concern travelers from Greece is the fact that at the concierge is working a girl that speaks Greek (Her name is Natali). Ask for her and she will help you with anything you might need.
We have stayed at several four stars hotel at the past but their willingness is remarkable. When we return to Istanbul Hotel Amira will be our first choice again.