“Nice boutique hotel, great location, small & dark rooms”

City By Molton Hotels
Ranked #995 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I have stayed only one night in Tulip City Hotel during my trip to Turkey. I have selected this hotel because of the perfect location, minutes away from shopping street Istiklal Caddesi, 15 min from Taksim Square and within walking distance to all gay party places in this area.

Hotel provides valet car parking free of charge. When I arrived my car was taken and parked by hotel staff. When you enter hotel's lobby you can see that this is something special, unusual and unique, but in a very nice way. Mix of weird lamps, mirrors, metal elements, glass and furniture. Really great design. Check-in was quick, professional and efficient.

My room was a little bit too small and with two beds (I've booked double) and quite dark. Again nicely designed, fancy and chique, but you cannot see that properly - lightning is absolutely terrible and room is far too dark. The same with bathroom. That would be so much nicer experience if you could see all these pieces properly.
Room was equipped with easy and quiet air condition, flat-screen TV, safety deposit box, kettle & selection of tees/coffees and mini-bar (acceptable prices).
Free Wi-Fi Internet access is provided, password given at the time of checking-in. Good, constant connection.
Bathroom was too dark, but spotless clean. Good quality toiletries and fresh towels provided.

In the morning buffet breakfast was served downstairs. Great selection of local cheeses, fruits, snacks, bread and other meals. I just hated artificial squash drink instead of juice.

I have to admit, that staff in the hotel was always very helpful and was dealing with me with natural smile and professional way. Even after check-in, when I was waiting for my car... It took a little bit longer, because hotel's driver crashed my car... I know that accidents happen, but they should be more careful. They sort it out with my car rental company, but it cost me additional 2-3 hours together, which was a little bit inconvenient. But as I said - they did their best and I appreciate that. Hopefully that will not happen again.

Even with that not pleasant last experience, I would come back to this hotel as it was really great and comfortable place to stay. Fantastic location, trendy design, helpful staff and good price - that's why my rating score is 4+. I didn't use additional facilities like hammed (I had some other accident earlier), but I've heard it's worth to visit as well.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank marqoos_pl
PeraTulipHotel, General Manager at City By Molton Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2012

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Tulip City Hotel and had a fabulous time at Istanbul.

I am glad to hear your comments and compliments about our employees as well.
We will take care of lighteing in the room.

We are trying our best to make your stay remarkable.

Thank you very much for your comments and we look forward to welcoming back you soon.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

My best friend & I stayed here for 2 nights in October- what a fabulous place! We were both a bit suspicious as we'd just booked off the internet and the photos of the naked statues made me unsure..I was completely wrong! It is a fun, funky place to stay in a central location. Just two mins walk to Galatasary shopping streets- has lovely traditional breakfast with a cute sauna and hammam downstairs. For the price, I'd definitely recommend if you want to be close to all the main bars and restaurants. Rooms were clean and I was highly amused to find a condom in the fridge mini bar ! The staff are helpful and the lobby has free internet available at all times which is useful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Sir /Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are glad to hear that you had a nice and remarkable experience in our hotel.
We as a team try to do our best to make your stay enjoyable.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

the hotel has excellent location, and great service,
but watch out for the traffic during the week end!
the rooms are bit small, with bad lightning, and a lot of colors,
but very clean.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Tuliphotels, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at City By Molton Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review of our hotel.We appreciate for taking time to share your feedback. Your opinion is important for us. Hope to see you again.

TULİP CİTY HOTEL

Reviewed 22 September 2011

Positives: At arriving to our hotel the overall view of the hotel was great, the hotel looked beyond our expectations, the check in was quickly and everything was ready for early check in. The room was in a perfect shape, tidy, clean and looked new. the toilet was very clean and toilet amenities were great. The breakfast was okay and the location was perfect, I guess the area is called Pera, its 3minutes walking to Istiklal street/parallel to it, and also the area is filled with restaurants,pub, and clubs.
Negatives: The AC was facing my bed which caused me the flu; They never changed our toilet amenities;Breakfast was okay, same everyday and very limited variety; Something at the hotel was being fixed our something so we had terrible noise all day. Not to forget, you need to remind the reception with your request several times before they get it done.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear that you had a voice problem from surrounding restaurants during your stay.

Our hotel is at the city center and most of the guests like the area near to lively Taksim.

Can you please send us e-mail and we will be glad to give you a room from quiet part of the hotel.

Reviewed 15 September 2011

I went to Inkatha from 2 years first of all I was not happy of the hotel it looks not so good but actually I was wrong the location is very good ,the price was okey according to taksim hotels prices, the room was litlle bit poor do not like the room , the breakfast was not bad they were trying to do all their efforts to make guests happy . The reception men were so nice and helpful really I remembered that they get us a taxi very quickly as we had been so late to the airport all in all I enjoyed

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2011

my boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights in February. It was excellent value for money and the staff were helpful. Good location with the tram station nearby, so it is perfect for exploring the city.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sophie_hc_1990

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I was delighted to see that your stay was generally positive. I was disappointed to hear that lighning was not enough. We had meeting and took care of this issue.

We continuously strive to get better and it is through.
Once again thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Tulip City Taksim two nights from 6-8 Sept 2011. The decor in the lobby includes two bright pink male mannequins with lampshades on their heads. The "spa" consists of a tiny tepid, not hot, jacuzzi, which when I saw it, was entirely taken up by a large hairy fat middle-aged white european man. Our bed did not smell fresh. The location in Taksim is near what looks to be the 5th Avenue of Turkey, which is not as close to the main antiquity attractions as it claims (it is a few kilometers away, across the bridge). The safe in our room iwas not attached to any fixture and could have been easily carried away in a medium suitcase.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I was delighted to see that your stay was generally positive. I was disappointed to hear that you did not the room and cleaning. We take seriously all mentioned things. It will be better for your next visit.

We continuously strive to get better and it is through.