“Excellent”
Review of Hotel Sultania

Hotel Sultania
Ranked #11 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Hotel Sultania has a great location and offers excellent service. We stayed for six nights and were able to easily reach anywhere in the city by foot or public transport. The staff were always happy to help and offer advice on where to go and what to do. The hotel has a nice ambience, good facilities and is well-maintained; the breakfast buffet is excellent. I recommend Hotel Sultania without hesitation!

3  Thank PaulSweden
yasmaksultanhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Sultania, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

DEAR GUEST

First of all, I would like to thank you to choose Hotel Sultania for your Istanbul visit.
We are appreciate for your nice comment about our hotel and staff.
you can be sure you have another home in Istanbul,
When you need any assistance for everything, please do not hesitate to contact with me again.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Sultania

Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

Beautiful rooms. Very helpful concierge. Delicious and fresh breakfast with custom omelets, waffles, fruits, chocolate fondue, cheese, pastries and more. Great location, within walking distance to major sights and only 2 blocks from tram. We recommend the restaurant directly across from the front door for dinner.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank OkieDokieMama

We are appreciate for your nice comment about our hotel and staff.
And let us serve these delicious pastries to you one more time

Reviewed 4 January 2013

Good, clean, centrally located hotel, close to Sultanahmet. Great room design, good service, reasonably priced. The artwork is interesting, bathroom design exceptional ( The similar type of hotel I stayed in recently, the Art Series Blackman in Melbourne could learn a lot from this hotel, when it comes to design, pricing and friendliness!)
The hotel website advertises higher prices than what you can find on the net, so shop around first! The breakfast is not that magnificent, but passable. The bathroom sink was overflowing on my arrival but got fixed the following day. I ordered room service and a hot tea, they brought only tea bags and asked me to make my own tea using room kettle, however charged me for it. So make your own tea and save five bucks. Overall, go for it. The bed is magnificent!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank ADL7777

We are appreciate for your nice comment about our hotel and staff.
I know that is not easy to come from your home to here any time but when you come you will have same kinds of beds to have a magnificent sleep

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I usually travel alone and was never in Istanbul so I chose the Sultaia based on other TripAdvisor reviews. I was not disappointed. I had a special that included an airport pickup and breakfast. The driver was there when I got off the plane after a very long journey. The hotel was very nice, which allowed for more personal attention. I was immediately met by their customer relations person who briefed me on various aspects of the hotel and location. The room was beautiful and clean. There was a large flat screen TV in the room and the bed was very comfortable. The room also had a mini-bar. What I enjoyed most was the location of the Sultania. I was within walking distance of major attractions such as the Grand Bazaar and the Egyptian Market as well as the many mosques and palace nearby. There were tons of restaurants and shops in the vicinity and even though I was by myself, I always felt very safe. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, even when I got lost several times walking back from my sightseeing.

I would note that due to the nature of Istanbul, be prepared to walk up some hilly streets. I liked the cobblestone streets in the area and all the great places to eat and shop. The only problem I had was with the internet speed in my room but part of this was due to the fact that I brought an old computer which factored in. There was a computer in the lobby that you could use at any time that also had a printer. I would also say that the rooftop restaurant was gorgeious, especially at night wiht wonderful views of the city. I plan on staying at the Sultania when I return to Istanbul. I would add photos but the rooms and hotel looked exactly like the photos on their website. I should note that I was there for several days at the end of December until January 2 2013.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are niice. It depends on how many people and your needs.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

We are appreciate for your nice comment about our hotel and staff.
Our aim is to feel our guests feel like a sultan. After I see your review I said that we did.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Our flight arrived an hour late, and the hotel's driver waited for us to drive us to the hotel.
The location is very good in terms of all the tourist attractions being around you, but it is hard to find for the first time to get there.

The hotel lobby and restaurant is extremely clean. The entire hotel is very nicely designed and clean. Each room has a special design with dedication to sultans. Once you walk in the room, you will be delighted towards the beautiful lightning around the room, (and the bed!!). Very comfortable mattress and selections of pillow.

The only downside to this was the room we took was very popular, and the people before us didn't check out until an hour late. We were very tired from our flight, and we had to wait such a long time for the manager to clear the room. Other than that, no complain, excellent service and hospitality from the Turks.

Room Tip: Choose the room with hammam, and ask them to add the romantic welcome package.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

We are appreciate for your nice comment about our hotel and staff.
I can also say that our rooms desing was organised with the guest reviews. You can easily observe with the other reviews too.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

The Hotel Sultania is one of the nicest and friendliest hotels we have ever stayed in, and we would highly recommend it. The rooms are so beautiful and well designed. The breakfasts were amazing and nothing was too much trouble. We loved the turkish delight on the bed every night which was such a lovely touch. The hotel is very well situated to get to all of the wonderful sights of Istanbul. We can't wait to return to Istanbul and would only consider staying at the Sultania it is so special.

We are appreciate for your nice comment about our hotel and staff.
I also thank you to share your ideas with our guest will be.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

Our trip to Istanbul was to celebrate our 30th anniversary and Hotel Sultania was everything we hoped for and more. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to help/advise whether it be getting the best pillow or where to visit/eat and how to get there. Ideally placed we could walk to all the main sights easily. Our room was excellent, spacious, clean with lots of attention to detail to make our stay very comfortable .... loved the lighting, window sofa,and the harem shower room. The breakfasts are amazing, choice galore for either continental or cooked (or both!) and excellent quality. This is a very special hotel and helps make a visit to Istanbul an especially happy memory.

Room Tip: Was worth paying the extra to have the sofa through a week's stay.

We are appreciate for your nice comment about our hotel and staff.
Be sure about that we will keep our fantastic style with your little helps