“Central Cosy hotel”
Review of Hotel Sultania

Hotel Sultania
Ranked #8 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We were nicely surprised that in the very center there is this cosy and calm hotel, where you feel like home, also thanks to the excellent service and the staff. Very nice SPA, clean and very beautifully decorated. Tasty breakfasts.

Room Tip: ask for the room with the balcony, they are on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 November 2013

My Mum and I had a weekend break in Istanbul 3-6 Nov, and chose Hotel Sultania based on positive feedback on Trip Advisor - we would agree with all the positive feedback previous guests have shared. What a fabulous hotel!

This hotel is outstanding on many levels - the location is excellent with many of the main sights close by and a great selection of restaurants on the doorstep; our room was a good size and spotlessly clean (thanks to Erdogan!); the buffet breakfast selection was huge with lots of fresh fruit, local cheeses, pastries and cooked options, and while we didn't have time to use the spa facilities, they looked great too.

However what really differentiates Sultania Hotel from any other I've stayed in anywhere in the world is their friendly, helpful, efficient and always smiling team. The customer service they provide is truly world class and rivals any 5 star hotel - attentive and perfectly pitched without being over bearing. From our collection at the airport to our welcome glass of tea and cake on arrival at the hotel, every morning at breakfast and whenever we walked through reception, we were always greeted by a cheery team member asking how we were, what plans we had for the day and if they could be of any assistance. Everyone we came into contact with was outstanding, particularly Serap (who made great recommendations on trips/sights), Dilek, Erdogan and Gursoy.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and plan to return. The attentive, helpful team at the Hotel Sultania helped make our weekend in Istanbul a delight!

Room Tip: I am sure all the rooms would be to the same high standard (spacious, clean, great shower, Turkish d...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
yasmaksultanhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Sultania, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

DEAR GUEST

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Sultania for your Istanbul visit.
We appreciate your nice comment about our hotel and staff and are very happy that you enjoyed it
It will make us happier to see you in our hotel one more time.
When you need any assistance for everything, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

One of the best hotels you will ever experience. Close to all the major attractions within the tourist area of Istanbul. Beautifully decorated rooms with a turkish look and modern lighting. Upon check in we were given a map and talked through all the major attractions within the city. Breakfast was delicious with a huge selection of breads, cakes, biscuits, nuts, fruits, honey off the honey coomb, cereals, yogurts, cheeses, hot and cold drinks and also freshly prepared omellete/fried egg or waffle. We were presented with a free birthday cake and gifts upon checking out. Includes use of gym and swimming pool.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Wonderful boutique hotel - make sure you do not get the interior room as the noise from the elevator will keep you up at night. Breakfast was fine though on the ground floor. Spa was excellent and the pool was a great plus (there are few hotels with pools in the area and after a whole day on your feet was real nice to take a quick dip)

Loved the "turkish delights"

Room Tip: make sure you do not get the interior room (think there is one on each floor)....noise from the elev...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Tide2014
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Worthy of its fantastic reputation, the Hotel Sultania is situated right on the doorstep of Istanbuls key tourist attractions. All the staff were extremely courteous and hospitable and the rooms were attractive and very clean. The breakfast was one of the best I have had for hotels in this class. Given that it is in a tourist hotspot; there is a certain amount of noise from the local restaurants at night - but at the time of my visit (November) not enough to be distracting. Got a really good package deal from British Airways for this trip - I would definitely recommend it to any of my fiends.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This hotel was excellent centrally located and service unparalled.
The rooms were nicely decorated with modern conveiences.
The spa service I had 3 packages Mehmet the masseur was excellnt.
I definitely recoomend this hotel. They even presented me with key chain
Bus stating RETURN TO SULTANIA

Carlos Mahabir

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Last week, halfway through a 2 week international business trip, I stayed at Hotel Sultania for 3 nights. For the rest of the trip, I used all business hotels, but I thought that Istanbul called for something more Turkish and local. I couldn't have been any happier. Not only did I very much enjoy one my free day in Istanbul, but I loved the hotel, the location, and the staff who went well out of their way to make my trip great. These folks helped with business needs as well as everything else... and I think the best example is when one of the staff walked me 2-3 blocks to show me where to find and ATM, and the best way to start my foot tour of the city.That is nothing I have experienced at any other place I have ever stayed. Not only are they in the heart of the old city and an easy walk to the best mosques, the grand bazaar, and museums, but they also have a spa and rooftop restaurant. Enjoy your visit to Hotel Sultania !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business