“Best stay.. Love it..”
Review of Hotel Sultania

Hotel Sultania
Ranked #11 of 1,161 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Staying here was a moment in time.. It was the best part of my holiday.. The room are cosy and the service is great.. Breakfast buffet at the restaurant never fail to impressed us, everything comes in a fresh taste.. I would want to come back and stay here again..

• Stayed: November 2013
There are newer reviews for Hotel Sultania

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Great location. Very pleasant staff. Immaculate rooms. Not huge but large enough to be comfortable.
Good breakfast with local foods some of which seem strange to North American tastes. Very good coffees. Nice snacks and tea in the late afternoon.
Much more interesting than a Four Seasons.
I will stay there again.

1  Thank mullaboy
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My wife and I spent Thanksgiving in Istanbul and stayed at the Hotel Sultania - what an excellent place and location. The arranged transfer from the airport was there to meet us when we arrived and got us safely to the hotel. The front desk reception manager on duty (Himli) spent 30 mins with us explaining some of the history and what sites we should see, etc - really very informative and helpful. The staff there were all wonderful. The room was very nice and decorated wonderfully. We ate at the rooftop Olive restaurant the first night - ask for Murat - he is an outstanding waiter and a very interesting person to talk to. We liked it so well, that we also spent our last evening in that restaurant - great view and food. As others have mentioned, the location couldn't have been better. In addition to the old part of the city, you should walk across the Galata bridge and go up into the tower located on that side for some more great views of Istanbul. We also took the ferry to the Asian side - not that much there compared to the old part, but still worth a trip, if you have time.

2  Thank Tom T
Reviewed 8 December 2013

For a boutique hotel, Sultania Hotel offers you everything- from small, ornately decorated rooms to good food and a very good location in the heart of the old town.

Absolutely good value for money if your choice of area is the historic part of the city, as it was for us. For a more "modern" perspective of the town, you should choose to stay in Istekal Cadessi or the likes.

Pros of Sultania:

*Location in the heart of old historic part of the city. Everything is a stone's throw away- restaurants, cafes, local transport hubs, sweet shops, grocery stores, gift shops, bars etc.

*A good restaurant that serves up gourmet food, befitting a foodie's palette.

*Ornately decorated, Turkish-style rooms.

*A good breakfast.

Cons:

*Small room

*Tiny bathroom which is a part of your room. Quitely strangely fitted in into the whole setting, to be honest.

Room Tip: Ask for their biggest room- my guess is even that would be a tad bit small, however beautiful.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Snigdha R
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My wife & I stayed at the Sultania for a long weekend in Istanbul and it was very good. Great location in the old town, only 5-10mins walk from the Hagia Sophia/Blue Mosque and near plenty of restaurants. The room was on the top floor, right by the lift and facing internally so not much of a view - but it was a comfortable room for the time we spent in it.

We didn't use the Hamam or swimming pool - instead, we went to the Sulimanye Hamam (http://www.suleymaniyehamami.com.tr/) where we had about an hour's steaming and massaging for €35 each...

I didn't see anyone dining in the hotel restaurant except at breakfast, which was decent - if you like a continental breakfast at least, though sometimes a chef was on hand to make omelettes or waffles for people (but we didn't try that). Again, we didn't try The Olive restaurant as there were too many other places to try out in Istanbul - like the Pasazade restaurant next door, which was excellent (we also had dinner in Hatay's on the other side of the street, but wouldn't especially recommend it).

As a base for wandering around Istanbul, the Sultania was great, and the staff were really helpful in giving us tips for where to go etc. The pros are the location and the general atmosphere and comfort, the cons are the lack of a decent bar or anything and the fact that taxi drivers etc might struggle to find it, since the front door is on a pedestrianized street.

1  Thank EwanD
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Spent 3 nights November 16-19. Staff and accommodations were excellent. Everyone was friendly and attentive. One can tell everyone from front desk/management to bell, housekeeping and restaurant staff takes pride in their role and the hotel. I only wish I had taken down everyone's name. As a solo female traveler I felt completely safe and secure. Room was lovely with a small balcony. The hotel's location is perfect making many sites very walkable. Tram access is super convenient. Pre-arranged airport transfers were timely and convenient. I had a very early departing flight and the hotel provided a unexpected (but greatly appreciated) boxed breakfast as well as a small farewell gift....lovely surprise! I took advantage of the "cooking class" package and got to enjoy a personal, "hands-on class" with Chef Murat and his team at Olive Restaurant....YUM! I highly recommend Hotel Sultania to anyone visiting Istanbul. If my travels ever take me back to Istanbul...I will definitely stay at the Sultania.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Verde304
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Appena rientrata dopo 3 giorni a Istanbul;staff preparato, gentile e mai invadente. eccellente la colazione con ampia scelta di prodotti e una particolare menzione alla gentilezza della signora Rabia.ubicazione perfetta in pieno centro.
Very good hotel ; I spent 3 days here with my partner.The Sultania is located in a central area very close to all the Istanbul'highlights.the service provided by the concierge was fantastic.my deluxe room was immaculate and clean and a special mention goes to Mrs.Rabia, the lady in the breakfast room;she was very polite and very kind.I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013