“Excellent Service and Staff”
Review of Hotel Sultania

Hotel Sultania
Ranked #10 of 1,178 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 6 July 2010

This hotel has a great location and is very comfortable but what is most amazing about it is the hospitality and quality of service you receive from the staff. I have stayed in hotels all over the world but have never been in a hotel where my family and I received such attention and outstanding service from hotel staff as in Hotel Sultania. We stayed at this hotel for ten nights and we really felt we were treated like family. My wife had an upset stomach and needed to be seen by a doctor so one of the staff members at Hotel Sultania went with us to the hospital and translated from English to Turkish and took us around the hospital to where we needed to go. She was a real blessing, without her I don't know how we would have managed to get around the hospital and communicate with the medical staff there. I was very impressed as well by the fact that the hotel management was willing to allow one of their staff members to spend her whole day with us in the hospital. This alone tells you how much this hotel values their customers. When my wife returned from the hospital to the hotel she was treated like royalty by the hotel staff and management. The hotel kitchen prepared special meals for her (rice and boiled potatoes) at no charge for three days until she got better. The hotel even had the food delivered to her room and again at no charge. Constantly the hotel staff would ask me how she was doing and if she needed anything in particular that they could cook for her. My wife recovered and we were able to enjoy the rest of our family vacation in Istanbul. The hotel staff were also very nice and showed a lot of caring towards our 15 month old son who was with us. If you are traveling with children you can be very confident this hotel is family friendly. When we left the hotel it really felt like we were leaving family behind. When we go to Istanbul again the only hotel I would stay at is Hotel Sultania.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,028)

Reviewed 4 July 2010

Loved the hotel. It's located in Sultanahmet old city area, next to a tram station , two steps away from Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque and the Grand Bazaar. The room we got was a delux sweet, very stylish, spacious and clean. The staff is really friendly and helpful. Although it was in a busy area it is a quiet hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank momo1984
Reviewed 28 June 2010

I was so lucky, happy, to have found this place on the web. It is a small boutique hotel that is located within walking distance to the Grand Bazaar, Blue Mosque and Spice Bazaars. This is not the best hotel that I have stayed in, and initially I was a little disappointed as it looks nothing like the pictures on the web, not that they ever are! But the staff here a five star. Were it not for the outstanding service, their sincere warmth and great attitude, it would be just another hotel. The staff are what makes this place worth every penny, from the reception to the bellman. The rooms are comfortable, good size, not big but comfortable and cozy. The beds are extremely comfortable and the showers were great with just the right amount of water pressure with two different heads to choose from.
Restuarants everywhere but stay at the hotel, they're roof top restuarant is great! I had the smoked salmon starter and it was so big that it was plenty for me for dinner that I had to cancel my salad. Really nice breakfast buffet in the morning and you can have it either in the restuarant or on the sidewalk while enjoying the people walking by and the weather. Good coffee which was really important.
The only thing I wanted which was not ready was the sauna and gym which was still under construction.
Overall this is a great place to stay, and when you compare the other hotels at the same rate, this is a real deal!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2010

all was greate , location , room , servse and everting.

Reviewed 24 June 2010