“Kingdom of kindness”

Ranked #11 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Rome
“Kingdom of kindness”
Reviewed 7 March 2011

First: I wanto to thank you all the staff, special to Ozlem for courtesy and availability.

They are able to merge familiar and professional ways.
In add hotel's location is perfect, in the hearth of Sulthanamet.
Breakfast is adorable.
Hotel is absolutely clean, large and confortable room in style.
Really rare.

I never forgotten them.
Alessandro

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 6 March 2011

My partner and I stayed four nights at the hotel. We were impressed at the room; it looked great and was comfortable and clean. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. It was also in a great location near to the tram and Blue Mosque. The breakfast was good and there was a very varied spread of fresh cold and hot food.

The only very slight downside was the wash basin which was in the bedroom rather than being in the bathroom. I'm not sure if this was just a feature of our particular room. I would have preferred this to be in the bathroom to keep the bathroom and bedroom areas separate.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
columbia
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I travel often and have been almost everywhere in the world. I was on my way to Oman, Muscat after hopping in a few cities in Turkey. I live in the USA but am Turkish. Our standards are higher in the US in terms of service than most Europeans. My experience from booking my stay until the checkout was superb. Very rarely you will find a perfect hotel. This is one of them, best boutique hotel, very close to most attractions you will want to see in Istanbul. The rooms are wonderful, named after Ottoman Sultans. The front office personal can not be matched, with their enthusiasm, pride in what they do and professionalism. I teach tourism and hospitality management. These people do not need to attend any of my classes. They would have passed our classes with flying colors. I hope that they consider getting a masters degree or PhD so they can teach their skills to our future students. One thing that bothered me though was the unexplained humming noise from outside. There might have been repairs made. As a hotel manager I would make sure that these repairs are made, I would urge my neighborhood to finish them asap or do them late during the day. My Kudos to the people who run the hotel. Keep it up:-)

One more thing. They did not charge my guest for breakfast. Free on the house. Nothing beats that. ANd they give you a little present on your way out. Pay cash, get a little discount.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Cumbria
Reviewed 23 February 2011

I endorse all the superlative reviews of this hotel - it really is as good as it sounds! The rooms are beautiful and cleverly designed; the location is excellent, near the top attractions and the tramline, and Galata Bridge. The Wellness Spa is luxurious, great for winding down if you're "mosqued out". Best of all are the helpful and friendly staff, who make an effort to talk to you as an individual - possible in a smallish hotel like this. A great hotel in every way!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Fraser61
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2011

My colleagues and I travel to Istanbul several times a year. Last year we discovered Hotel Sultania and have booked there ever since! There is no comparison to other hotels when it comes to value, cleanliness and service. All of the staff are attentive, courteous and a pleasure to deal with. Rooms are bright and uniquely decorated with comfortable beds, free wi-fi and good air conditioning (a real problem with other hotels in my experience...). Also, the buffet breakfast is amazing!

The location is ideal - only steps to one of the tram stations and a short walk from the Blue Mosque, Haiga Sofia and the Galata Bridge. The restaurant on the top floor of the sister hotel has an impressive view and good food.

The hotel is also perfect for holding business meetings with ample sized conference rooms.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Hilversum, The Netherlands
Reviewed 21 February 2011

We stayed for 5 nights and had very comfortable rooms. Spacious and full of luxury things (coffee/tea/shower). The rooms are well decorated with paintings of the sultan's women. Very original and beautiful. Exactly as in the pictures on their website! The breakfast was very good including free fresh orange juice! They also have a lady in the house who can tell you all nice spots in Istanbul. From this hotel you can walk the old city and go to taksim by taxi. Next time I will stay here again. This is the best hotel I ever stayed in in Istanbul.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 February 2011

My daughter and I stayed four days at this hotel. It was without fault. It is in a perfect position, walking distance to all main attractions in Sultanahmet and beyond. Rooms are spacious and full of atmosphere. They have all the amenities you could want. What makes it special though is the staff. From the minute you arrive you feel that they are genuinely concerned about making your stay at the hotel and in Istanbul unforgettable. Our porter, Arafa, had such great passion and pride for the hotel. Everyday he was there to great us with a smile, keen to hear what we had seen and done and did whatever he could to help. The same with Huseyin in the cafe/bar. Within a day he seemed to know exactly what we would want after a day in the city. It was like staying with friends. Cannot recommend it highly enough

• Stayed February 2011