“Decent hotel, nice breakfast, perfect location”
Review of Mirilayon Hotel

Mirilayon Hotel
Ranked #851 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 26 March 2013

This was my first time in Istanbul, so I have no comparison with the hotel standards. Anyway, my room was small, but clean and comfortable, the breakfast was good - but not huge. They did not have fresh fruit juices, nor particular teas, just common lipton, but a good selection of olives and cheese and marmelades.
The location is perfect to stroll around and to reach the city center. If like to sleep until late, remember that you are near a Mosque and at 5am the muezzin calls for prayers
The staff doesn't speak English very well, they don't have maps with a "You are here" sign and the guy at the reception was not able to find the hotel on the map, nor to give me instructions to go to Taksim Square (easy: tram to Kabatas and funicular, just 20minutes!).
I would try another hotel next time in Istanbul, but it is quite good. The prices are ok - I can't say how much costed my room because it was part of an holiday package.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Baby2105

Reviewed 26 November 2012

This is located on a side street in the Lulali area of Istanbul. It's a great location since the train is just a couple of blocks away, there is shopping and restaurants all within walking distance. We felt safe at all times of the day and night. The motel is a medium size, clean and classy. We had tea upon arrival! The breakfast buffet is beyond belief! The staff helpful and love to practive their English! Would go back!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Catherine N
Mirilayon H, Guest Relations Manager at Mirilayon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review to TA. Mirilayon hotel has a good location close to all sights as you have mentioned. The breakfast menu has fresh selections and renewed everyday. All our staff is also very friendly and tend to have good communication with the guests.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again to mirilayon hotel for your next visit to Turkey.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

I've stayed in this hotel for one week. As price&quality are excellent. My room was in the DeLuxe section of the hotel - it was cleaned everyday, everything worked and I've had all bath&other staff in the room. There were some problems with shower, but everything was fixed very quickly. I've appreciated spa and hamam (opened only after 11 and till late, sauna and "bohar" are free, but I've also tried a massage - it was really good!). Breakfast was good.
The personal was very friendly.
Location is really good, if you want to see not only Sultanahmet.
So, I have only positive emotions about this hotel, but maybe for someone it's too small (I like small hotels) or the location is not so good.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Katrina_ruffiana

Dear Guest, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and very pleased that we were able to contribute to a memorable stay. It is lovely to read your comments on the room and services and it will be my pleasure to share them with our team members. We hope, you will choose our hotel for your future visits. With best regards

Reviewed 14 November 2012

I stayed at Mirilayon hotel before two months, in september and i can say only good things about it. First of all, and maybe the most important is that this hotel is very clean. I am very satisfied with service and kindness, staff is very responsible, professional and available for you 00-24. The location of this hotel is great. Tram station and the centre of old city are near. Also, you have many little stores and restaurants all around. Food is excellent, there are many various kinds of fruit, vegetables, cheese, tea, coffe etc and also they have diet menu, which is very important. I think that this hotel is the best hotel in its class, because for the amount of money you pay, you will get probably the best service in Istanbul. I enjoyed in this hotel and i hope i will be back soon. I have a suggestion for all of you to stay at this hotel during your visit, you will not make a mistake :)

Room Tip: i stayed at 1st floor and i can say that my room was perfect. I think that other rooms are good too...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Mirela H

Thank you for your positive comments for As a 4 star hotel, we try to do our best to increase our guest appreciation. We also going to place more tags for rooftop. We would like to welcome you in mirilayon hotel again for your upcoming visit to Istanbul..

We are pleased to hear your appreciation and thank you for your TA review . It will be our highest pleasure to welcome you again in mirilayonhotel and beautiful Istanbul.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

Ive been there with my friends and I can say that this hotel is very nice and clean. No negative emotions. Next time I want to stay there again.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mirilayon H, Guest Relations Manager at Mirilayon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your experience with mirilayon hotel
Thank you for your kind review and we hope to see you back.
Best regards

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed in three hotels during my trip to Turkey. This is the one I would be least likely to visit again. The room was small. It was so small that my travelling companion and I had a bit of trouble maneuvering around the space. The bathroom was also on the small side, particularly the shower. Then, there were issues with cleanliness/upkeep. During our first night staying in the hotel, I discovered a Twix wrapper behind the air conditioning unit, a bunch of long hair stuck in the shower, and the hotel notepad full of doodles and proclamations that someone "loves circles." Our room also lacked a "Do Not Disturb" sign or a price list for the minibar. It felt as though corners had been cut when preparing the room for guests. The bed was comfortable though. The walls blocked out sound rather well. Reception was a bit hot and cold. The bellhops and night crew were on the warmer side of the spectrum. The bellhops were particularly chipper and pleasant. The day crew on the reception desk, on the other hand, was kind of gruff. Even when they were not busy, they seemed short. They seemed to give the impression that my requests or queries were burdensome. That is probably my biggest issue with this hotel. I want to feel welcome, not like a burden. The location itself was ok. It is quite close to the local transportation. It is a bit of a jaunt to the Sultanahmet area, but some travelers would prefer to separated from the tourist hub. The biggest asset to this hotel for me was the breakfast. It is provided in the basement. Although it may not have the rooftop breakfast that other hotels may have, it has the most impressive spread I may have seen at any hotel I have visited. There was a plethora of options that were labeled. I am willing to experiment with new foods, but they provided options for those who wanted something a little more familiar.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank faisal69
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Great, little hotel ! On a good location for visit to the Grand Bazaar, Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque.Tram line is very near and a lot of small shops around hotel are good source for buying some of necessities and also, Mirilayon is in Istanbul's area named Laleli and near by are dozens of curtain and men clothes shops.
Hotel is really nice, clean, rooms and bathrooms are little beat small, but it really doesn't matter 'cos staff is very friendly and polite. Maybe they are not very good with foreign languages, but their kindness will make it up for you. Breakfast was great, plenty of different kind of food, something for everybody and some Turkish dishes which is great for tourist curiosity!
If you go to Mirilayon, order Turkish coffee at the bar (and you will try Turkish delight with coffee, of course), it's strong, but very tasteful and enjoy your vacation in Istanbul.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends