“Great position and very welcoming”
Review of Hotel Djem

Hotel Djem
Ranked #325 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Enjoyed a wonderful week in January. So convenient for all the sights, as we had snow while we were there it was great to be a short walk to the main attractions. The staff were friendly and welcoming and the hotel and rooms always clean and warm. The only thing lacking in our room was there were no drawers. We would definitely book Hotel Djem again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
hoteldjem, Manager at Hotel Djem, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Djem for your Istanbul visit.
We appreciate your nice comments about our hotel and staff.
When you need any assistance for everything, please do not hesitate to contact with me again.

Kindest Regards,
Ufuk Ozkan

Reviewed 10 January 2013

Stuff was very polite and willing to help anyhow to make things easier for you. The rooms were very comfortable and very very clean. The location is excellent, in 5 minutes you can reach blue mosque and aya sofia. The tram station s very close to the hotel and makes transportation easier. Breakfast was satisfying, not special but not poor as well.

Room Tip: Ask which rooms are in the same building with reception and breakfast and which are not if this matt...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank antonis k
hoteldjem, Manager at Hotel Djem, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2013

My dearest guest,

This is Ufuk Ozkan and I would like to thank you for your review about Hotel Djem on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your kind comments. We will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Hotel Djem when you come back to Istanbul.

Warm regards from Istanbul,

Ufuk Ozkan

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Last month, We went to Karachi, Pakistan, and on our way there we decided to spend couple of days in Istanbul,Turkey. So we started to search for a good hotel near Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia area and luckily we found Hotel Djem, We arrived at the hotel around 9:30. We were greeted by Saleem, their night shift front desk officer, I must say both Saleem and Ufuk, who works in the morning shift are extremely friendly,cooperative, helpful. After checking us in Saleem, walked us to our room which was located couple of building next to the main building, he made sure that room is ready since we were traveling with our two kids one 8 years old and little one 1 year old, he offered us if we needed hot water for our little one and brought us a flask of hot water. When we arrived there it was late so I was not able to get Turkish currency, so I asked If he could exchange $100 dollars for me since it was late and he didn't have keys to his safe he offered me 100 Turkish lira, which was really a huge favor. Their rooms are very spacious and clean. Breakfast was included and I must say it was great, with lots of items to choose from.
I am in love with Turkey and their hospitality and food and wish to visit again and again, therefore I would highly recommend Hotel Djem to anyone whether you are traveling alone or with family.
Farhan Alam
Virginia,USA

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DpAlam

My dear guest,

It has been great to have you with us. Thank you very much for writting about us, thank you for your very kind comments. If I may ever be of any assistance within Hotel Djem or Istanbul please let me know.

Yours cordially,

Reviewed 28 December 2012

We stayed 6 nights at Djem and we felt at home. The staff was very friendly and always willing to help. The location is excellent and very close to main attractions (Blue Mosque, Grand Bazar, Hagia Sophia and restaurants). The breakfast was also great (special mention to the cookies).

The rooms are comfortable. If you need more space choose to stay in the second Djem building some few meters down the same street.

One minor negative point for us was the praying time noise. The first one can be between 4:30am to 6am depending on the season and wakes you up every day. After 5 to 10 minutes of loud praying call, back to sleep.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RodSalgado

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much. You have been very kind with us. We really loved having you with us. If you ever come back to Istanbul or if your travels bring you to Hotel Djem, let me know.

Yours respectfully,

Reviewed 28 December 2012

We have visited Istanbul both in 2011 and 2012.
Hotel DJEM is located in the old town, Sultanahmet. It´s only a few minutes walk to visit the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, the Hippodrom and many other historical places.
The hotel DJEM is a very nice place to stay. Our rooms have been excellent. Both in equipment and service. The breakfast is the best we have had in all our trips.
The staff is there to help you 24/7 althougt this is a small boutiqe hotel.
Hotel DJEM is an excellent place on earth.
We will definitely come back.
This is the best hotel for us!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank per g

Dear Guest,

I do not have words to thank your review. It makes me feel great! We are looking forward to seeing you one more time you in our hotel with your friends for unforgettable vacations.
When you need any assistance for everything, please do not hesitate to contact me,

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 28 December 2012

It is a little hotel in the middle of Istanbul. Very comfortable rooms, antique atmosphere, singing of muedzin in the morning, good breakfast and very calm and romantic atmosphere. I was there in winter and it was cold outside , but heating inside room was ok, even sometimes very hot. Special respect and thanks to the very friendly staff, especially to Selim who is very educated, interesting and kind young man )). My heartly thanks to all of you! Strongly reccomend this place to everyone!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2012

We stayed the weekend before Christmas this year and it was VERY cold in Istanbul - about 2 degrees with snow. The hotel was cozy and warm though, and supplied extra blankets when we needed them. The owners were very friendly and supplied us with maps and advice on where to go and where to eat. It is obviously very close to the Blue Mosque which does mean waking a dawn with the call to prayer, but we enjoyed listening to it and then went back to sleep.
Breakfast was included and was good. As mentioned in other reviews, the bread is a bit rubbish but great selection otherwise.
If I was going to Istanbul again, I would stay there.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple