Hotel Djem
Hotel Turkoman(Istanbul)
Good 3.5/5
Abella Hotel(Istanbul)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscall to prayerblue mosquerecommend hotelhagia sophiaside streetmajor sitesbasilica cisterntramneighborhood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2013

It's a little cosy hotel, which looks like a tiny treasure-box. When you enter it, you can smell that scent of cleanliness and freshness. The hotel is perfectly clean and 'attended', the stuff is not just polite, but kind and highly professional in addition.
That was a great pleasure to come back to Djem after a day in Istanbul.
The rooms are nicely decorated, and are quite spacious. And the bathroom is really big.
Our receptionist was very helpful, and the food was good, and the tea was right, and everything was just ideal.
I recommend the place for couples. Really)

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed here for 5 days on our first trip to Istanbul. Everything about this hotel is just lovely. The room was great, immaculately kept and everything you need is there, including great wifi. The staff were all great and always polite, friendly and helpful. The breakfast selection was great, but here's my only criticism, it was the same every day so a bit more variety would be good. The location could not be better, in a quiet area but within walking distance of just about everything. If or when I return to Istanbul, I know where I'll be staying. Thank you to all the staff at Djem.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We stayed here twice, once at the beginning of our trip and the at the end. The first time we were down the road in the new purple building, and the second in the original. Both rooms were great. Brilliant location right behind the Blue Mosque. The staff were all fabulous and we felt like part of the family by the time we left. Trams are quite close too.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Recently my husband and I stayed at the hotel Djem for about 5 nights. We found this quaint hotel a perfect place to stay, we could walk to most of the major attractions. The area was safe, and there was heaps of places to go out for a bite to eat in the evenings. The staff was also friendly and helpfull. Our room were spotless, and the bathroom was quite sufficient, with a modern large shower. We would not hesitate to stay ther again!! Oh... Just a word of warning, you might find the prayer calls over the loud speaker coming from the mosque a little close for comfort, but in my opinion, it really wouldn't matter where you stayed you are going to hear it several times a day loudly anyway... If you are like me and make the most of every minute of the day, you are going to be very tired when you finally hit the sheets at night anyhow!! Perhaps you will sleep through it like I did!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Our 5 days in Istanbul were fantastic but made all the more enjoyable because we stayed at this Hotel. The manager Ufuk was wonderful and his hotel staff were always on hand to help us during our stay. Situated in a quaint little street behind SultanAhmet, Hotel Djem was a delight to behold! Our room was good, the breakfasts were lovely and my girlfriend and i felt completely at home and we have some wonderful memories. I would certainly recommend this Hotel, ive been telling all my friends since ive been back, 5 days is nowhere near enough in Istanbul, there is so much to see and if we go back again this is where we would stay. Erricos and Maria

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple