Hafiz Mustafa 1864, Sirkeci
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The best place for baklava!!!

1. Turkish delight - 10-38TL/kg
2. Baklava - 50-60TL/kg

Definitely a must when in istanbul!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,539)

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stopped into this store after having tried a few of the other candy stores and we have to say that this place is FAR superior than all of the others. Their Baklava was great. We also had a few things that I have no idea what they are called and they were all perfect. I also had good old chocolate pudding and it was the best pudding I have ever had. We look forward to our return visit.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

i try turksh cafe and conafa with chees and it's awsome i was been in tagsem squer nice place to try it lovely and it's open at night i thank antel 2am

1  Thank s2j_soul
Reviewed 25 June 2014

One word: YUM!

On the way in, there's someone at the door sampling Turkish delight so you can get a taste of what you'll be in for. H-M has a wide variety of Turkish delight, ranging from simple and inexpensive, to more expensive varieties - but make no mistake, all are excellent. You can purchase individual pieces, or boxes (you can select the size of the box as well as your flavors) - the boxes will be weighed to determine price, if I'm not mistaken. My personal favorite is the Pomegranate/pistachio - it is to die for! The chocolate/pistachio ain't so bad either.

H-M also has a huge selection of Baklava. Now, I'm generally not a fan of Baklava because I find it to be too sweet. That being said, the Baklava that I had in Istanbul was amazing - oozing honey, incredibly moist and flavorful but not sickeningly sweet. H-M makes a mean Baklava - check it! You can also have pastries or pudding if Turkish delight and Baklava don't appeal to you. Though if that's the case, I think you might have a problem ;-)

I found all items to be pretty reasonably priced, however if you visit less touristy areas of Istanbul, you may find that prices are lower there.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have visited Hafiz Mustafa 1864 several times during my stay in Istanbul since it was very near to my hotel and based on the good reviews and rating scores on different websites.
The selection of sweets and desserts are really huge and sometimes it is difficult decision on what to choose.
The Baklava is really excellent and I almost have chosen it every time.
After my several visits, I mad ensure to get some boxes of mixed sweets back home.

1  Thank ahmedalhadidi