“Great location & staff, clean, modern”
Review of Senatus Hotel

Senatus Hotel
Ranked #132 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed at Senatus Hotel for a long weekend and it was the perfect choice. This modern and clean Hotel is situated right in the Old City in Akbiybik Street which is buzzing with bars and people and just a minute from the must-see sights. Still, it is quiet at night! The staff was very friendly and extremely helpfull. Breakfast is typically Turkish and continiously refilled.
We would come back any time and you should, too.

Room Tip: Any room is a good choice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The location was perfect, within a few minutes walking distance from major tourist spots in the old Sultanahmet (OS) area. One can find enough restaurants, patisseries, etc in the OS area as well.

The staff was very courteous and helpful and gave a few good travel suggestions. However, I would suggest travelers to ultimately take an independent decision as the staff can be a bit 'pushy' about which tour companies to choose.

The rooms were quite well-appointed but do not expect a view from any room as the entire area is quite congested. I'm sure other hotels in the area cannot offer 'rooms with a view' either. The location makes up for the congestion though.

I must also complement Senatus on the breakfast spread which was quite ample with enough vegetarian options. I found breakfast spreads across Turkey (generally) to be much better than in some other places in Europe as they have more variety and more vegetarian options and lots of fruits.

Room Tip: Not much differentiation between rooms i would say.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed at the Senatus Hotel for 5 days in Istanbul.The hotel is located in the heart of everything, restaurants, stores and the sights.The staff were very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable, breakfast was good, with a large variety of food.I would recommend the Senatus Hotel to all my friends. I would especially like to thank Canberk Derinpikal for his amazing help.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nunzia B
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I'm an international flight attendant so have seen countless hotels around the world! This genuinely was one of the best! It's small & quaint but everything you would possibly want or need in the heart of Istanbul! The staff are fabulous! Canberk especially, went OUT of his way to make our stay perfect & even improved our own plans by suggesting AND organising tours & things to see/do. If we hadn't followed his advice we truly would've missed some of the most memorable moments of our trip! Canberk went above & beyond in numerous ways! I became obsessed with the apple tea the hotel served, knowing this, Canberk bought some for me & MAILED it to our hotel at our next destination!!! Now I have a piece of Turkey which I can enjoy at home! In a matter of days, we had built a friendship with Canberk & the other staff & we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else should we return to Istanbul. There was nothing more we could've asked for... The rooms are stunning and we weren't even in the top room! The beds are very comfortable (which matters!!!), the breakfast provided is ample & the location is IDEAL!!! Quite literally a 10/10 for Senatus!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank katicable
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was so impressed immediately buy this hotel, the staff were magnificent especially the manager Canberk. He was so helpful, welcoming & just overall a godsend! If I was to come back to turkey again this will be my choice of hotel. I loved the location, nice and close to everything important. Take me back to turkey!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Cora M
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Have just had a great stay in the Senatus Hotel and would highly recommend it. A superb location, nice rooms, spotlessly clean and staff who did everything they could to make sure we had an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: We had a room on the opposite side of the Main Street so don't know if the street rooms are nois...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RogerRuane
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at this little family hotel in early May 2014 for 4 nights. It was clean, quiet, friendly and homely. Wonderful breakfasts. Pity about the weather but there wasn't much they could do about that!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane B
Alper O, Manager at Senatus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

My dear guest ,
Thank you for such a lovely review that make us feel so good .

I am thrilled you had such a lovely stay with us again and very much hope all your other expectations in Istanbul were just as enjoyable. We are honoured you choose Senatus Hotel and rather hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank you again for taking the time to write such a nice,that generous review.
Greetings from Istanbul to anyone who is a part your life.

Warm regards,