What makes a hotel a "Boutique Hotel"? ..... Attention to details, this Hotel was definitely no a Boutique one.
This was our experience at Hypnos Hotel:
- Customer service: though the staff is friendly, they barely speak english.
- All rooms share the same AC/ Heater system. So if you want to have ac you may not be able to because other guests may want the heater on. We woke up each night in sweats...
- No basic compliments typically found in Boutique hotels; such as water bottles, fruit plate, umbrellas on a rainy day, or daily replacement of shampoo and soap.
- No toiletries; actually you will get a gel dispenser to be used as shampoo and soap. And doesn't even get replenished daily.
- TV has 600 channels but only two are in English. And you get commercials every 20 minutes that last 30 minutes.
- No common spaces such as a lounge, lobby, bar etc. There is only one small dining area that is also public. And please note that your room will barely fit two, bathroom don't even think about it!
- Private area (room/ bathroom) are very small. Almost too small for two...
- Bathroom shower is outdated, dirty, and mold was growing around the shower head.
- You don't get a balcony regardless what they say. There is one big window that could only be opened 35 degrees.
- Location: hotel sits on a very very busy street, yes it is very close to center if town but if your intention is to rest while here, it won't happen. You will also hear the call to prayer 5 times a day. - There is a mosque very close to the hotel.
- Transportation to and from airport should have been included in the price; however nobody called us back or emailed to set it up. We tried calling, emailing, and facebooking and still couldn't get a hold of anyone in the hotel.
- Internet connection is too slow so don't even bother bringing your computer or iPad.
We normally don't write any reviews, but our experience was so bad we had to.
Good luck to you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hypnos Design Hotel has been family owned, designed and managed since 2010, as a family we believe in our Turkish heritage of hospitality and we are happy to welcome your our boutique hotel, and welcome any questions or comments. Hypnos guests have the opportunity for an unique experience depending on the room of their choice. Each of our rooms are individually designed to its own theme, Ottoman-style patterns and details, arabesque visions, walls covered with nostalgic poetry, vintage movie posters, a gypsy ambiance of dancing colour, glamorous and sexy, modern and outstanding. "At the Hypnos Design Hotel the only common thread is a warm welcome, quality and comfort." Travel in time starting with the 6th century; the historic sites such as Topkapi Palace, the Hagia Sophia Museum, Basilica Cistern, the Sultan Ahmet Mosque, Museum of Archaelogy, the Grand Bazaar and the Spice Bazaar are only a few steps away from Hypnos. Apart from the attractions, enrich your experience with the nearby shopping centres, the hub of the city's famous nightlife and fascinating Bosphorus cruises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hypnos Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.