“Petite hotel that is best for its location”

Hypnos Design Hotel
Ranked #201 of 1,134 Hotels in Istanbul
Kuching, Malaysia
“Petite hotel that is best for its location”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My friend and I stayed in this hotel for a total of 4 nights. It was a small but really good for its location. I love the design of this hotel.

As it is small, you will know most of the staff there by second day. They will always greet you with a smile. The breakfast menu was good too!

The Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia and Basillica Cistern are just a short walk away! From the hotel to the river isn't too far as well!! There's a long stretch of restaurants behind the hotel which has a variety of food! You can have kebabs in many way! Afterall, eating in Turkey is mainly about kebab, isn't it?

I'd recommend this hotel for its location!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Very beautiful room, friendly and nice Service, you can arrive all the Monuments by feet. Very tasty breakfast! We were glad to stay there and come back next Year! If you book directly over the Website, its charper than booking by an Organisation.

• Stayed September 2012
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Hi dear traveller,
I stayed in Hypnos hotel for several nights and I want to point this out:

1) Hotel is really small and comfy, every detail from shower to elevator is clean and well-designed, so you may trust and enjoy this place. There are big rooms, standard rooms and nice bright lovely room №111 on top especially designed for romantic lovers. It has several styles to choose from romantic to very sexy, so you are have this pleasure to choose your own mood for a night :-)

2) In my opinion it's really hard to quickly find good place to stay in Istanbul, because there are a lot of strange hotels here, but you can trust this particular place, it's very reliable.

3) We were curious and visited 6 other hotels in this area to look for ourselves, and we found this place extremely pleasant and good priced.

4) Don't be turned out by it's name and photos. Photo on main page made us think it's some usual turkish hotel, but it's not, rooms are very stylish and unique. Btw, the main photo is completely misleading, the place is much better than this picture :-)

I want to say big Hello to mr. Eness Sarche, our host here! :-) Enes, I want to honour you as a very sincere and smart person. I hope we've found our first good friend in Turkey) You was so kind to show us great places nearby and recommend places to visit according to our interests)) I'm glad we truly found some common interests in literature and science with you and it was comletely the opposite of "I pay, I am the boss" relations (btw, I hate it:-). We were surprised to have so warm and sincere reception, because it's really nice to feel just like guests in a friend's house... :-) Thank you, hope to see you again!

Yours truly,
Andrew

Room Tip: Ask for room names at lobby, they'll help you choose your style. Anatole room (top one with bal...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2013

A buddy and I stayed at Hypnos for three nights, the staff went out of there way to make the stay as pleasant as possible. Great styled rooms, full AC and satellite TV for relaxing after a day of exploring the city....breakfast was amazing as well, great coffee....would never stay anywhere else. Perfect location as well.

Room Tip: Make sure you get superior room if you want seperate beds!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
london
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

A small hotel in a fantastic location for visiting the old town and restaurants. Rack room is unique and, while small, are exceptionally clean and unlike the identikit chains or corporates. Helpful, friendly staff and an intimate feel. Great for romance and sightseeing

• Stayed July 2013
Odessa, Ukraine
Reviewed 16 July 2013

It was very clean, well furnished room, with a nice view. Location is perfect for sight seeing.
Personnel is friendly and helpful, bed is comfortable and minibar is always full. Nice food as well!
I loved the shower cabin in room 111 as well as the tiny terrace with a view to Hagia Sophia.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 9 July 2013

You want go traveling but don't want leave your home? It's very simple - go to the Hypnos Design Hotel! maybe you not want to go back home... who knows?*)
Every time when I come to grand Istanbul I stayed in this Home Hotel. I'm love this, i'm always happy here. and It's very cool for travel mood isn't it?)
At this time we been with our moms (me and my sister). Our moms were in Istanbul at first time and for us was very important every detail of traveling. That's what I tell you - if our moms could stay in Istanbul (and they wanted!:) they would stayed in Hypnos Design Hotel forever!
Maybe you can think that I exaggerating or overpraise - not! You might try it when you stay here and than you'll say what you feel...) We was in this Hotel like a couple, we was with a kids and our friends - and now we came with moms - we taste it all)) you can trust us!*))
Absolutely charming hotel and charming Istanbul!!! How to want to see you again and again! and always!
and our Great Thanks for this all managment of this Hotel and Gurkan Aral personally!!!
We wish you only Good Luck and Prosperity! And all travelers feel comfortable here!*)

Room Tip: Take the Gypsy room! My always favorite! в этом отеле НЕТ плохих номеров!;) Все зависит от вашег...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family