“Still my home in Sultanahmet”
Review of Seven Dreams Hotel

Seven Dreams Hotel
Ranked #698 of 1,154 Hotels in Istanbul
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Still my home in Sultanahmet”
Reviewed 18 January 2011

This is the third time I have stayed at Seven Dreams and I will continue to come back - for as long as they will have me.
The staff are like family and treat me as such - with warmth and politeness and always seemed pleased to see me.
I wish I could take the bed home with me - I havent found one more comfortable yet!
And the location is brilliant.
You only have to step outside and you are in the middle of it all. Blue Mosque to your left and Hagia Sofia to your right.
And the free breakfasts at their sister hotel Seven Hills are yum - and the view is amazing
So thank you again Seven Dreams
I will most definitely be back :)

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank kiwigal62

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 28 July 2010

I only stayed at The Seven Dreams Hotel for one night, but I wish I could have stayed longer. The location of the hotel is amazing, just around the corner from the Blue Mosque and the Ayasofia. The view from the roof is incredible, looking out at the Bosphorous and the Ayasofia. In the hot weather, the roof is especially nice, as it provides more of a breeze.

The staff was super friendly and very hospitable. They were happy to help in any way, and always had a smile.

The room was so comfortable. The bed was so soft and the linens were very fine. The windows are huuuge so they let in lots of natural light, which makes the rooms feel even more spacious. The air conditioning was quiet and definitely necessary at this time of year, which was great help with a good night's rest.

The restaurant En La Luna, was simply fantastic. I had yogurt kebab and later on I had a fantastic dish which was lamb wrapped in eggplant and cheese with rice. Both meals were some of the best food I have ever had. I highly, highly recommend both the hotel and the restaurant.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
uae
Reviewed 30 June 2010

My husband and I literally stumbled onto this small awesome boutique hotel in Sultanamet after our pre-paid 3-night (very expensive stay) at the Ceylan Intercontinental in Taxsim was up. We had decided to stay in Instanbul a few more days to sightsee, and attempted to extend. The hotel was fully booked so they basically threw us out. In all fairness to the Intercontinental, the concieges agree to store our luggage and did call around to find us another hotel; however, the rates they quoted us were phenomenal, so we decide to leave on our scheduled flight -- that night at 12:00 am. Before we left and since we had so much time on our hands (8 hours; check-out was 12 noon), we decided to take them upon their offer to store our luggage and decided to see Sultanahmet on our own.

We headed first to the Four Seasons and the taxi dropped up off a couple of blocks or so (as the street - Cankurtaran Mah) leading to the FS is a beautiful, shop-lined, walking street (not to mention uphill) from the hotel. Both of us were breathless after walking half way up the hill to the FS, we spotted this amazingly inviting, shaded side-walk cafe. The tables were draped wth white table cloths and the love-seats were covered with beautiful turkish fabric with big cushions that served as armrests. We make a mad dash to the and feel into the comfortable seating. Before we could catch our breaths, a smiling and welcoming face appeared to offer us cold drinks. What we did not know at the time, that person was the owner, known as "Celi". We ordered drinks and two hours later, lunch! The food was great served by two of the warmest, welcoming waiters you'd ever want to meet. After lunch, we were so comfortable, my husband mentioned that he was tired and could sit there all day until our flight that night. One of the waiters overheard his comment and mentioned it to Celi. Celi's friend, Marshallah, appeared from his carpet business across the street a few minutes later, and, in perfect english, and not in a pushy way, explained that the Seven Dreams was a boutique hotel which had availability and suggested that my husband just go upstairs and take a nap! We thought this was a God send! It took us all of fifteen minutes to decide to hop in a taxi, go retrieve our luggage from the Intercontinental, stop by the airline office and change our flight and return to the Seven Dreams, which, I must mention, was all arranged by Seven Dreams owner, Celi, his friends and his employees!

We took a long nap and then awoke to have a great dinner at the wonderful rooftop restaurant! Celi explained to us that we were in 1-4 minutes walking distance from all the from major sites that we felt we would missed in Istanbul -- Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, Cistern and the Topaki Palace -- what a perfect location!! We even had a view of the Sea of Marmara!

Once in, it was difficult to tear ourselves away from our suite with the oh-so comfortable king sized bed and crisp white linens! The room was a charming, newly remodeled second floor walk-up halfway from the outdoor street terrace and the roof top restaurant! It was well appointed equipped with a large turkish jacuzzi bath and awesome separate shower with an amazing big showerhead! We even had a balcony that overlooked the intersection which we sat outside late nights and people watched! We found the large room to be quiet, but could faintly hear the prayer calls from the beautiful Blue Mosque a few steps away -- my husband, a musician -- loved it!

On rainy days, I did all of my shopping from the outdoor terrace and only had to walk across the street to tell them what I wanted and pay! Because we were staying at the 7 Dreams, they gave me good prices, packed it well for travel and delivered the items to us right on the terrace before we left! The merchants in the area are all good friends -- like a big family! They included us as family and made us feel special and welcome - Hi Marshallah! (Marshallah is pres of Galata Art and Carpet Gallery just across the street where you'll get the best selections and prices in town!)

Needless to say, we loved this little hotel, the staff and the owner -- not to mention the prices! If Celi keeps up the fantastic service, the family atmosphere and the care and personal attention given to his guests, the Four Seasons (which we never made it to) should watch out!!!

Cannot say enough good things about this hotel and HIGHLY recommend to everyone really interested in enjoying the cultural and historical aspects of Istanbul through the eyes of its proud people!

When you book, say hello to Celi and the gang from us!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CassandraUae
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 2 June 2010

This small boutique hotel is an excellent choice for Istanbul. The location is perfect since it is very short walk from the major sites (Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, and the Topaki Palace. The street on which the hotel is located is very quiet compared to those in the surrounding area. Almost no one drives on this street. Seven Dreams has a nice rooftop balcony with very good food at reasonable prices but the view is mostly the Sea of Marmara. Seven Dreams is considered an annex of the Seven Hills hotel so you can have breakfast at either location if you want to see another view. We liked the breakfast at Seven Dreams better. We found the room to be quiet and slept through the morning call every morning except the day we forgot to close one of the windows completely. It was surprising what a difference that made so the windows must be great. We did hear some noise from the stairwell from people going back and forth to the rooftop but that ended early. The bathroom had a very nice shower stall with good water pressure. We had a suit room that had 2 sinks and a Jacuzzi tub. The room also had a mini-frig and a safe in the closet. The King bed was very comfortable. Obviously, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Breda
Reviewed 4 May 2010

We had the luxury of staying at Seven Dreams Hotel Istanbul for 4 nights from march 12-march 16. It has a perfect location in Sultanahmet right next to the Four Season's Hotel, the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia.

Everything was perfect. The rooms large and airy, the service was excellent as everyone was there for us at all times. It was definitely one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at. Do not expect a grand commercial hotel as this was a boutique style hotel with all the amenities of a large star chain. Also the rooftop Restaurant/Bar has the most amazing view you could possibly imagine.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple