“The Best Hostel Ever”

Taksim Sopha Hostel
Ranked #305 of 1,249 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed 3 March 2013

This is the most fabulous hostel. The staff is friendly, the rooms spacious and clean, the bathrooms are spotless, and it is a great value. I felt at home here, which was a great value. If I have the chance to return to Istanbul I will be staying here. The hostel is in a great location and has everything you could possibly need. The walking tours offered are also very good. I cannot recommend this hostel highly enough

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Well i stayed in Taksim Sofa Hostel for 2 nights in Nov'12. The best part about this hostel is the location , right in the middle of Istiklal street in Taksim Square. Rooms were quite small but neat. The staff is really helpful and they serve good breakfast :)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Myself and a friend stayed here for a couple of nights and had a great time. The staff were so friendly making sure we knew where we were going each day. I think I can say for both of us that we were sad to leave all the people behind, we made some great friends and had fun exploring. The hostel itself was right in the heart of all the places we wanted to see and the rooms were comfortable. On the last night a few of us staying there made pasta and had a big meal together, it was nice to be somewhere cosy and comforting, although its not the prettiest place to look at (originally I was a bit unsure) the bedding was clean and the company was great so any worries were soon gone.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I have a problem rating this hostel. I stayed in a room which wasn't clean, and there was no everyday cleaning service offered. At some point I had to change rooms and I found myself without towels and toilet paper, because the cleaner had forgotten to provide them. On the other hand, the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. They ensured there would be a cozy atmosphere in the lounge and they went out of their way to offer tips. Breakfast was decent. The hostel lies just a few minutes walk from Istiklal street, the heart of Beyoglu. So, if you care more about the area than the room and cleanliness itself, this hostel would be a good choice. But if you can't stand seeing thick dust on the toilet trashcan and flush, then don't go.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2012

This is by far one of the best run hostels. When it bowls down to when you're staying in a host it matters most about the management. They went out of their way to accomodate you and they made me feel like a prince. I loved this place, wish I would have stayed here more days! The beds are SUPER comfy, the showers are adequate, and the breakfast actually provides you proteins!

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This hostel was awesome. Very social, friendly environment, guests and staff were all so nice. It was a great hostel to meet other travelers and share stories. The location is perfect, right in the middle of the main square. There are lots of shops, restaurants, pubs and cafes all around. www.TaksimSofa.com

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I was only here for night but had a great time. The lady on day shift was so lovely and gave me lots of tips on travel through Turkey. I was quite sick with Diarreah from drinking water in Cappadocia and the man on night shift made me tea and tried to make me feel better. The bed was comfy, dorm room was clean and cool.

• Stayed: June 2012