“Lovely hotel marred by poor service and location”

The Green Park Pendik Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #736 of 1,155 Hotels in Istanbul
Loughborough
“Lovely hotel marred by poor service and location”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I don't think we have ever experienced such rude service on Reception as we received when we arrived. Our flight arrived at the European airport at about 10 pm, so it was midnight when we arrived at the hotel. There were no customers in Reception and three staff behind the counter. The staff were talking to each other, and ignored us completely - even though they knew we were there. One guy eventually checked us in (passport, credit card etc), gave us the key and then resumed his conversation with his colleagues. He didn't tell us where the elevators were situated, but fortunately a porter spotted our dilemma and helped us out - he was really kind.

Hotel is on the Asian side of the Bosphorus whereas the main sites are on the European side. Quite a lot of construction work is being carried out around the hotel and along the promenade. So location isn't ideal.

On the positive side, our bedroom was large, quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was good (you can eat outside on the terrace), and free Wi-Fi was available in the Lobby. Swimming Pool was large, and there were plenty of loungers for sunbathing. Most of the other guests appeared to be at a conference, and I can image that this would be a good venue - if they can improve their service levels at Reception.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CalellaDePalafrugell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel for coming 12 days . during my stay, the room and service staff is good. But two issues that extrremely annoyed me. Everyday, I will put my dirty laundry in the hotel laundry bag and hang at the room door knobs so that the housekeeping is aware there is laundry to collect for cleaning. 3 times, i cam back hotel at evenign after a long day work, to find the bag hanging at the same location and 3 times I have to call the reception to inform housekeeping to collect my laundry the following day. Today, thing got even worst. The housekeeping took my laundry to 2 days, and when I came back my room at night to find my laundry no where to be found. I call to receiption and told me housekeeping is close and will return me the following day. I have to go dwo nto the receiption at 12.15am at night, get the duty manager and to discover my laundry was labelled for another room no. It was so close to losing my laundry to a stranger. Also, there was once I cam back to find no housekeeping done with no towel change. My colleague whom has stayed in another room experience no toliet roll when doing his deed.

Also, the hotel hold funciton almost every fri and weekend. The music will be blasting from evening till late night 12-1am. i staying at the second floor, and I have to wake up everyday at 6am tio prep for my work. it is not difficult to imagine the dark circle under my eye.

i hope the management do call me at my room 2233 if they see this and provide me good explanation on this as i will be staying till 14 June.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank alan a

Travellers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Reviewed 12 April 2013

We were in Istanbul for a romantic getaway and included a convention held at this hotel as part of our trip. Check-in was quick and easy. Room was clean and HUGE. The round bed was a nice touch. The bathroom was huge. We enjoyed the jacuzzi tub after a long day. The double rainforest shower heads were great. We had a corner room so all the windows and natural light was nice.

The dinner buffet was less than average. We didn't try the breakfast. The service during dinner service was minimal, and frankly one particular server was quite rude. Actually, the hotel service altogether was below average. They promised an iron and an extra blanket and never followed through or called to say there was not one coming. They kept us waiting. Needless to say, we never got an iron or blanket. Good thing we didn't call for room service.

The hotel was a 10-15 minute walk from a bustling area of restaurants and shops. We opted for McDonalds after our dinner disappointment.

Overall, the room was great. Service was below average for this type of hotel. Food was a disappointment. The convention venue was GREAT, but would not recommend this hotel to a friend.

Room Tip: Get a corner room! They're huge with lots of light!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Woodside, New York
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I stated at this Hotel for the 2nd Annual Istanbul dance festival ( April, 2013). This hotel is huge! and pretty much everything you need you will find it there: Such as small shops, Gym, Indoor and ourdoor pools, jacuzzis, spa, amazing auditorium, wide open hallways, plenty of elevators, its own parking, restaurants, ballrooms, etc... The staff was very friendly and professional, they def were quick at taking care of issues (if any) and were helpful at suggesting places to see etc...Check in was simple, all we needed was our passports (from US) and one Credit card (like most hotels). The room was requested for 4 people ( we each paid about 50 euros per person for 4 days) and to our surprise the room was set up with 4 beds!! no need to share! see the pictures (the room was big enough for all 4. The bathroom was clean, well put together and functional. The room was equipped with a safe box, coffee maker, hairdryer, flat screen tv, desk, closets, mirrors, huge window (openable on the sides), plenty of european outlets (be sure to bring adapters for US devices, also check that your devices can handle 110-240 voltage) etc... the hallways and all other areas i visited were very clean! (huge plus) we had complementary breakfast (with great variation of foods, fruits etc). Overall i was very pleased with the hotel. You may ask: why not 5 stars? the answer is simple: complementary WIFI can only be used in the lobby, restaurant and some hallways. BUT! if you bring your computer, they provide you with an Ethernet cable in your room, so you can have wired internet. the second thing i did not like much was the AC, though we lowered it to the minimum temperature is was not cool enough. Luckily, the temp outside was about 60, so by opening the windows we were able to cool the room enough for comfy cozy sleep!

Room Tip: ask for full ocean view! some rooms face away from the ocean, and others partial... also keep in min...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Extorsys
Erbil, Iraq
Reviewed 10 April 2013

The Green Park Pendik Hotel is a nice Hotel, The Location is very good for those who have their works and meetings in the Anadolian side of Istanbul. Its just 8 KM from Sabiha Gohken Airport. Its also located in a very nice place, facing the Sea, The Hotel overall is very nice.
The best thing I loved about this Hotel is their Breakfast Buffet, I have not seen anything like that, so good, variety of things, you will be spoiled of choices really.
The only thing I have on this Hotel is their stuff can be better, they did few mistakes when I was there with my friends. But generally Its a very good hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We have stayed there for couple of nights. Had a very small, but clean & nicely furnished room. The breakfast and the view from the Hotel were lovely. The fitness center, the sauna, pools were great! Unfortunately the location was soo far from everything and it was really difficult to reach the Hotel. It takes a very long time and lots of money to go to visit anything from here and come back. It would have been a good stay if the reception staff and the impolite customer service lady wouldn’t be this much arrogant and make us feel terrible.

You should be aware that they don’t allow Turkish souvenirs, such as nuts, Turkish sweets to be taken to your room even on the very last night when you are usually packing your luggage and they talk to you as if you would be a low class tourist.

When we had chance to express our huge disappointment in the Hotel staff at the check-out time we just got the worst from the head of the customer service. She had absolutely no idea how to talk or comfort their guests and her way of talking was just impolite, arrogant and careless.

This was one of the worst experiences in our whole staying in Istanbul; we would not recommend this Hotel for their awful attitude and treating their guests!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank HannahBoglarka
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I stayed at the Green Park Pendik Hotel 5 night with my customers. One the advantage of the hotel compare to other hotels in Istanbul Asian Side is much closed to Sabiha gokcen airport.
1- Reception: we arrived at 11:30 am and without any delay their accommodation us in our rooms. also receptions are very polite and warm welcome. Also there was a bellboy Arslan Bey who was very warm and professional in his Job.
2- My room was garden view and very cozy, not very big but enough space for me. Very clean and sleep quality was great. Bed was perfectly comfortable. Also Room Service and Housekeeping was very well and every day when I went back from breakfast my room was cleaned.
3- Breakfast was wonderful and huge range of choice.
All the staff was very polite and helpful and service was quite good.

Room Tip: Both Graden view and see view was nice but i think the best choice could be Sea view.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Istanbul
The Pendik Residence
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa - Istanbul Tuzla
Tuyap Palas
Tuyap Palas
#372 of 1,155 in Istanbul

Been to The Green Park Pendik Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!