“BAD!!!”

Ranked #1,025 of 1,134 Hotels in Istanbul
“BAD!!!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

poor wifi network
poor buffet(eggs -honey- cheese-hotdog only)
bad view from the room
not good staff at all
you cant take anything from the buffet to the room
finally, very bad hotel , dont try it
VERY BAD HOTEL

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mostafa M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

After reading a few reviews, some bad, some good, I decided to book this Hotel for 6 nights; City center Hotel certainly didn't disappoint me. While I understand the views of some of the guests with the critical reviews because it’s true partially, nevertheless however, City Center Hotel comes on top as a hotel that I will frequently stay if I ever go back to Istanbul again. Istanbul is a an expensive city and those who expect a total comfort at a 3 star or 4 star hotels, please do not bother to go to Istanbul unless you’re willing to pay the horrendous price of a 5 star hotel. So being objective is the name of the game and I will explain in my opinion how this hotel deserves my excellent rating. First my journey at the hotel began with my own doings by booking a small single room. The room was very small but I was alone and quite honestly, it was doable but decided to complain. The night crew couldn't do much for me and advised me to talk to the manager the following morning, and that’s what I did. Mr. Murat kecet the chief or the manager of the reception operation upgraded my room to a double standard room at no charge. Mr Murat deserves all my respect for not only upgrading my room but for being a professional honest person in dealing with. Again, regardless of the stars ratings, please focus and remember the price you’re paying and try to be as objective as possible. So here, I am, staying in expensive Istanbul in the heart of the most expensive city center for an $87 a night. Where in the world do you get this price for a superb location, amenities like shaving kit, dental kit & facial kit, hot shower, clean bed, clean shower, clean room and oh clean towels. I loved the smell of their towels. I’m a frequent traveler, and never ever smelled fresh clean towels even at a 5 star hotels like I did at City Center. In fact, the towels smelled a lot nicer than my own at home. The staff is very friendly, especially Mr. Murat Kecet. My breakfast was included in my rate but it wasn’t very special; it was OK at best, a real shame because the restaurant has amazing views. This hotel given the superb location and the stuff I mentioned above makes it a Turkish gem. Location was so conveniently close to Taskim square and Istiklal Street which they are probably the main focal centers in Istanbul. It seems the hotel has been completed remodeled because the lobby does indeed look like the ones in the picture. Can this hotel improve? Of course it can, there are many little things for this hotel to improve and I did mention some of it to Mr. Murat but then again being objectively driven, this is a great place to stay in Istanbul and will definitely stay at this hotel if I go back and visit again.
Bassam Nafeh
Californian Expatriate, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia

Room Tip: Choose corner rooms next to elevator.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Sam N
Travellers also viewed these Istanbul hotels
Feronya Hotel
#633 of 1,134 in Istanbul
Lamartine Hotel
Lamartine Hotel
#548 of 1,134 in Istanbul

Been to City Center Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about City Center Hotel

Property: City Center Hotel
Address: Katip Mustafa Celebi Mah. Billurcu Sok. No:1 Cihangir, Beyoglu, Istanbul 34421, Turkey
Region: Turkey > Istanbul > Beyoglu
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service
#496 Luxury Hotel in Istanbul
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:4 star — City Center Hotel 4*
Do you hear it? The heartbeat of Istanbul… beating right here! You can hear and feel Istanbul’s rhythm and atmosphere best from City Center Hotel, located just a heartbeat away from The Taksim Square. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your City Center Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
City Hotel Istanbul