“THE LUXX HOTEL IN ISTANBUL”
Review of The Luxx

The Luxx
Ranked #1,049 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We arrived at the airport after traveling from Bodrum we pre arranged for them to come and pick us up from the airport .They were not there .The Hotel its self is in a appalling state the Manager /Owner was not helpful and was rude when Booking .com phoned them to cancel our booking .The two rooms that I had a choice of was not what the picture shows .I felt I could not stay there for 5 days .Another guest walked in after going to a cafe to buy something to spray in the room as he was been bitten alive .We still had to pay our deposit and for one night .I strongly do not recommend this Luxx Hotel .Photos on the net are far more glamours than what you see on arrival. Diann Croudace Cape Town South Africa .

Room Tip: I would not stay there at all .
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 264Diann

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

This our second stay at this nice hotel. Our second stay was only because of the Staff of the hotel Especially Davut. Hotel is bit old & have few problems in the wash rooms. It's time for the to change the sanitary fitings & sound proof windows. Staff is exellant. Cleanliness exellant. Exellant breakfast. & we feel just like home in hotel Luxx. Thank you Dauvt to be very nice with us. Love you brother.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The room was very small but so comfortable and an amazing view! The staff is kind and the location is just perfect. You can walk a short distance to the bosphorus and some great places for fish sandwiches, Topkapi palace, Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque. (I recommend going at sunset for the lighted water fountain) Just one block away, around a corner next to a mosque is a delicious restaurant I ate at 3 times.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chels015
Reviewed 24 December 2012

I stayed in this hotel about 10 days and i quite like it. In my opinion it's very good hotel for this price. Location is ideal,about 5 minutes by foot to Blue mosque, eminonue or tram station. Standart turkish breakfest.I liked breakfest and i even missed it. But in our room always somethingng needed repair. Here is very good matresses. We had problems with wifi,water and airconditioner. If i went to Istanbul again i would stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Alyona K
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I stayed he last week it's is disgusting. Revolting. Take my advice and doo not stay here
I'll explain from the beginning they gave us a room for two without a modern toilet just a hole to do your business in. No closet or cupboard for clothes and no room to move in what so ever.. We complained they gave us a room to stay in to accommodate for 5 people with two rooms .. We walked into the main bedroom and it stuck of urine the floor was about 2m squared wet.. Which is what smelt. We didn't want to put in another complaint so closed the door slept in the other single beds. Complained the next morning and staff told us they were sorry and would take it off the price paid at the end. Changed our room again ..everyday we had issues with cleanliness .. Our rooms weren't cleaned most days shampoos and towels weren't changed most days. We'd have to ask for clean towels and shampoos etc. no luxuries included in this hotel not even necessities

Room Tip: My tip do not stay here. It's not a hotel where it's extremely cheap so you don't mind t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rukiye1990
Reviewed 10 June 2012

this hotel is in a ideal location with excellent service the staff are very helpful and gave me and my mates good advice to local places to visit and how to get there highly recommended

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank amo A
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Extremely poor. The location was the only good thing about that hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011