1. Receptionist was more interested in looking at her screen than making eye contact. Once checked in, she buried her head in her screen, which I guess was out cue to go find our room.
2. Our room with so called sea views was more like a courtyard view looking towards the other side of the hotel with a glimpse of the sea to the side.
3. Noise proofing is horrendous. There is a nightclub on floor 12 with a licence until 4AM. We were on floor 10 and could not sleep until they switched off at 3.15AM. Upon complaining to reception we were told that the nightclub was not run by them and that this Hilton was a franchise. We were offered to move rooms at 3AM or have a 2pm checkout. Great. Reception tried to call the nightclub but they did not answer as they did not hear the phone ring.
4. After some sleep we arrived at breakfast at 10.55AM to be told it was now closed. Then after we kept walking were told that we had 5mins and to be quick.
5. No cutlery on the tables so a waiter was asked and he went for the cutlery drawer. In the meantime a Turkish guest also asked for cutlery and was promptly served before us. The excuse given was that he doesn't speak English.
In conclusion, stay in Sultanahmet like everyone else if you are non-Turkish and want to get some sleep and don't want to pay extra for a view of the hotel. It is a shame as the local area is great for nightlife.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul - Moda is a contemporary hotel with a prime coastal location on the Marmara seashore in the cosmopolitan Moda - Kadikoy districts. Explore the Asian side of Istanbul, an area of traditional bazaars, tea gardens, Ottoman architecture, historic churches, and shopping. The modern tower features floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Old City Peninsula. If you are visiting Istanbul for business or vacation, enjoy proximity to the Kadikoy Ferry Docks, with continuous service to Istanbul's European side. Take the underground, just blocks from the hotel, for convenient access to the eastern parts of the Asian side. Experience the first Hilton Worldwide five-star hotel on the Asian side of the Bosphorus. You'll be greeted with our signature warm Chocolate Chip Cookie as you arrive in the sleek lobby. Convenience, elegance and adventure await you. Enjoy views of Bosphorus Strait and Old Town from our guest rooms and suites. Plan an event in one of twelve meeting rooms with views of the Bosphorus. Choose from a variety of dining options, from rooftop dining with Mediterranean specialties at 360 Istanbul East Restaurant Café & Bar to international favorites at The Doubles Restaurant. La Gazetta Café and Bar serves light meals, cocktails and spirits, wine, coffee and tea. Relax with a cocktail or cold drink at the rooftop pool and bar. Experience hammam, 'the traditional Turkish steam bath,' or indulge in a revitalizing treatment at the spa. Highlights • 245 rooms on 10 floors, consisting of 70 guest rooms, 101 deluxe rooms, 36 executive deluxe rooms, 10 corner rooms, 24 junior suites, 3 suites and 1 presidential suite, most of them has spectacular sea views with connecting, non-smoking and accessible rooms. • Free Wifi in rooms and public areas • Easy access to the European side by Marmaray Tube tunnel, walking distance to ferry port • In the heart of the Kadikoy district on the Asian coast of Istanbul • 30 minutes from Istanbul's airports • Near underground station to the Eastern parts of Istanbul • Rooftop pool and sparkling seasonal indoor pool and spa with Turkish hammam • Executive Lounge for executive rooms with complimentary breakfast, light snacks, hors d'oevres and beverages throughout the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Moda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Istanbul - Moda Hotel Istanbul