DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town
US$120
Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
US$135
  • Breakfast included
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$62
US$410
US$400
US$119
US$101
Agoda.com
1,963 results
All reviewsdouble treetram stopgrand bazaarblue mosquewalking distanceexcellent locationturkish bathhagia sophiaquiet roommodern hotelcorner roomminute walkterrace restaurantthe hotel stafftourist sitesturkeybreakfast buffet
Reviewed 15 May 2012

The staff is so sweet and accommodating. This hotel is perfect because it is the best location; a short walk outside is the metro station for the areas of the city you must visit. If you don't mind a little walk, it's only a 5 minute walk to the Bazaar and about 10 minute walk to the Blue Mosque. If you take the metro (a stop RIGHT outside hotel) to Eminonu, you can take a short cruise on the Bosphorus for as little as 5 Lira per person. I found better deals near the Eminonu stop, it seems that they try to overprice you at the Bazaar, although it is fun to visit just for the experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
volkan_vural, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write your comments after your recent visit on Trip Advisor.
I was delighted to read that you had positive thoughts about your stay at our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

The hotel is nice and the location is good. Rooms were clean and the lobby was inviting. My problem was the front desk employee who told my father (70 years old) upon his check-in at 7am that he will have to pay for breakfast that morning because although his rate includes breakfast it will have to start from the next day!!!. He might have a point seeing how check-ins are usually afternoon but i thought it was extremely rude. The front desk employee retracted later and said that it will be part of the daily rate but the damage was done. In short "costumer is not always right" is an attitude you may encounter.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
volkan_vural, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay.

We appreciate your positive comments, as well as your constructive feedback which I have already shared with the team and I will follow up personally. Apologies for any expectation that we may have failed to fulfill.

We always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and appreciate your valuable opinions.

I look forward to welcoming you soon and try to show you our improvement.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

I stayed there for 7 days April/May. It is small modern hotel, with the most comfortable bed I have ever experienced in a hotel. The staff was very nice and all smiles. They even assisted me in scheduling my transportation pick ups with the tours I booked, they gave me advice on places to go and they arranged for my transportation to the airport. I used the business center which was nice, as well as had breakfast in their restaurant every morning. The restaurant had an abundance of options and the service was fast and courteous.

I really liked the location it was in the old town and right off the tram and just 3 or so stops from where all the main attractions are. Its only a 20-30 min walk as well and gives you a different view of the city, that is not all touristy.

The hotel has all the amenities you could ask for and I am sad I didn't get a chance to try them all, especially the spa and Turkish bath, but def will on my next trip. I think this hotel is great for both business and leisure travel, however, because traffic in Istanbul is a problem, if you are there for business I would recommend staying closure to where you will be working to avoid long commutes as much as possible.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Laura U

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read that you had positive thoughts about our hotel and your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

We spent five days at this hotel in April/May 2012. The staff, first and foremost, was wonderful. As we arrived early and our room was not quite ready, they had us seated in a lovely lobby area where they brought us complimentary tea and water and cookies while the concierge showed us maps of the area and offered her very kind, warm and knowledgeable help. The room was very nice with a large closet and lots of storage space to settle in for our visit. The bed was extremely comfortable, bathrooms large, rooms very clean.

Best of all is the location here. Walking distance to all the major tourist sites such as Blue Mosque. Hagia Sophia, Cisterns, and Grand Bazaar. For other sites, the train stops directly in front of the hotel! We made it to the harbor, Spice Market, and Taksim and Beyoglu and more on a short, simple train ride for 2 Turkish Lira. Very easy to get around. We did take a cab from the airport, though one can take the metro. We did not want to deal with our luggage on the train. A cab was about 40 Turkish Lira. Worth it.

Of note - the hotel has a lovely spa area that is not really advertised on their website well. It is gorgeous and relaxing and the facilities are free of charge for hotel guests. They have lovely locker rooms, robes and wraps provided and there is a hot tub, saunas, steam room, and a hammam area. Note - the Hammam and steam room and hot tub are CO-ED. In other words, as my husband and I walked into the Hammam, a woman and a man were getting hammam services right there before our eyes - fully nude. I can imagine it would be a bit of a shock for some (especially if you actually booked a service and did not realize you would be in with members of the opposite sex). Everyone was completely respectful and there was no aura of impropriety at all, but it is just something to be aware of. The saunas, however, were divided by gender. Of note, we had hammam services at the AyaSofia Hammam and it was divided by gender very strictly. We had spent a lot of time in more traditional muslim sites so to all of a sudden see it be co-ed was an adjustment.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again. The morning breakfast offering is wonderful as well. The only complaint we had is that we were on the first floor and could hear a lot of street noise. One night there was a crane and a street crew working until 3 or 4am and it was quite loud. Perhaps ask for a higher room to eliminate this issue. We were too settled to bother. :)

Room Tip: The higher the level, the less street noise - which was significant on level one (second floor).
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caringmom
volkan_vural, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay in DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Old Town.

We are so happy to hear that you had a memorable stay with us.

We would like to thank you for the favorable comments concerning our facilities and staff, as well as the location.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

confortable and good location. we used the business center. pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind feedback. I am very delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and our services.

We hope to welcome you back soon.