“Great Place for tourist famlies”

DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town
Ranked #122 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Place for tourist famlies”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Great location, very nice rooms, helpful staff.. how ever in the city prearpared to come across ill mannared and racist shopkeepers in Grand Baazar or generally around turkey. We were really taken aback by visists to topkapi palace, haga sofia and bosphorous cruise

1 Thank 216khurramk
suleyman_yurdoglu, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind feedback. I am very delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and our services.

Süleyman Yurdoğlu
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Old Town

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rochester
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My experience with this hotel started long before I arrived in the form of a superbly informative email from the concierge. I chose their car service to pick my party up at the airport which went very smoothly and after the long flight this was great. Throughout my entire stay the staff was efficient, cheerful, and so helpful. The room was clean and well appointed, if a bit small. Our room was in the back of the hotel and quiet. The breakfast buffet offered a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, yogurts, eggs made to order and pastries. The internet was high quality. As a gold level Hilton Honors member both the breakfast and internet was included with the room. This hotel is well located to access many of the Istanbul museums and siteseeing attractions either walking or via the tramline running in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from street in the front of the hotel.
1 Thank PJ195
mert_albututanan, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay in DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Old Town.

We are so happy to hear that you had a memorable stay with us.

We would like to thank you for the favorable comments concerning our facilities and staff, as well as the location.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This hotel is ideally placed for visiting all the key attractions in Istanbul - perfect if you are packing it all into a short visit, as we were. The staff are really friendly and helpful, and the beds supremely comfortable. Try a cocktail at the rooftop bar!

1 Thank Martin V

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel based on good reviews and with a big dissapointment had to change my hotel as soon as I could find another one. The rooms were clean and nice but very noisy
The break fast was very good but the usual smile and welcome rutine was missing and you had to find your place after telling them your room no. . The one thing That made me change my hotel was the rediculous security rutine at the entrance and the all time buzzing alarm that no one paid attention to unless you had a shopping bag with you. They unbelievably stoped us to look into my shoppig bag only to tell me I am not allowed to bring any food (needless to say I had a can of diet sprite and a bag of low cal. potatoe chips both of which were unavailable in the room's mini bar) and I was told I need to leave them at the lobby and that While in hotel I could only use the food from the hotel and that this is the Hiltons Policy. I've been to many countries and in all of them have stayed with Hilton , but not in a single occasion have I been asked to open my shopping bag nor have been told not to bring caned food to the hotel

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank peymaneh
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay.

We appreciate your positive comments, as well as your constructive feedback which I have already shared with the team and I will follow up personally. Apologies for any expectation that we may have failed to fulfill.

We always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and appreciate your valuable opinions.

I look forward to welcoming you soon and try to show you our improvement.

Macau, China
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed here during our recent trip to Istanbul. We got a suite (our son is already 17) and we were very well accommodated. The room was big, we had fruit upon arrival, free water bottles daily, tea and coffee in room, and the newspaper in English. The room was quiet though the city can be a busy one. The staff was quite friendly and made us feel welcome. Since we had a long haul flight waiting for us, at the end of the day, we were allowed to use the spa facilities - which, by the way, were excellent - for an invigorating shower ahead of leaving the hotel. The best thing is the hotel's location, for it is at a busy street, with plenty of cafes, restaurants, clothing shops, and you'll be ten minutes away from the main area of interest in the city - the Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque and the Basilica Cistern. Also, if you like walking - an absolute imperative in this city - you'll find yourself at walking distance from the Grand Bazaar, and a little bit further, the Spice Market, the harbour and the Galata Bridge. Additionally, the tram has a stop just opposite the hotel. Can it be any better? Definitely, a great place to stay when visiting the city as a tourist.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
mert_albututanan, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We are so happy to hear that you had a memorable stay with us.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Excellent hotel in great location with very helpful staff. Recommend to everyone.
Great transport at the front door. Rooms clean, quiet and very comfortable.
Thank you for a great stay, hotel location is perfect.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Good Hotel although i expect better on room cleanliness from Hilton. Its just next to a tram station so getting around is very easy. On a good day you can walk to grand bazaar and the other monuments are just 2 - 3 tram stations away. Very convenient over all. I do want to share that the hotel does not have any children pay area or a pool. They do have a gym and a Jacuzzi though.

1 Thank Arpita K
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you soon and try to show you our improvement.