From the minute we arrived, having been collected from the airport, we were made to feel totally comfortable. The room was a very good size, luxuriously decorated and had all of the amenities we required, including a good speed wifi internet connection and a safe. The bathroom was nicely designed, with the added luxury of a jacuzzi bath tub. Everything was spotlessly clean and new, the bed very comfortable and large.
The view was of a local street, but the windows were large and the room had plenty of light. We soon grew to love the sound of the muezzin singing and the local traders pushing their carts along the road.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff - they were able to answer any questions we had, and to arrange anything that we needed during our stay. The location was excellent for visiting many historical and cultural sites, with easy tram access to the rest of the city/transport network. Granted, the immediate area beyond the hotel was a little 'touristy', but not unattractively so (indeed, the nearby parks and buildings were beautiful) and easily avoided if you wanted.
We weren't that impressed by the food available in the hotel - we preferred to eat out, as there are so many cheap and amazing local places to eat that we were a bit spoiled for choice - but if you're tired after a long day out you can have a decent dinner there at not too expensive a price.
We didn't get a chance to use the hotel's (free) spa and fitness centre during our trip, but it's a nice additional extra to have to hand if you want to chill out.
To sum up the experience - this is an excellent, well located and luxuriously comfortable place to stay at a very reasonable price, especially if it's your 1st time in Istanbul.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GLK Premier The Home Suites & Spa-Istanbul is a renovated old town, old house, furnished like a comfortable stylish home, facing the Marmara Sea and Little Hagia Sophia. As you pass through the hotel doors,you will be enveloped by the timeless beauty that has made the Home Suites & Spa-Istanbul charming. Experience the perfect blend of modern amenities and historic charm at Istanbul's professional operating management. Located in the centre of Sultanahmet, you can enjoy the views of historic downtown Istanbul outside, while inside, distinguished décor and thoughtful amenities are evident in every striking detail in each of the 18 luxurious accommodations. Walking distance to Sultanahmet Square ,Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar, and many more historical monuments and more. Just 15km (25 minutes) from Istanbul Ataturk Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your GLK PREMIER The Home Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier The Home Hotel Istanbul
- Best Western Premier The Home Suites And Spa