Booked as a Secret Location via a last minute website and was very pleasantly surprised by the result. The Hotel could not have been more welcoming from the moment we were picked up at the airport by the Hotel's driver. Unsure if we had to pay the driver but no it was all dealt with by the Hotel. We had a Junior suite with city room which i believe is their basic room but it was excellent and worthy of a greater price ( we paid £92 a night). OK the view was not great but if you are positioned in Old town Sultanahmet you will have to be really lucky to have a sea view unless you are in the Four seasons Hotel. Don't expect to be surrounded by manicured gardens and swimming pools like a Beach Holiday because you are in a bustling busy city but for us that added to the charm. Beautiful bed which resulted in great nights sleep and tastefully decorated with period furniture.Lovely Bathroom with Jacuzzi Bath and usual bathrobes, slippers and towels / gels etc. Staff were very accomodating and answered all our questions , giving directions to restaurants we wanted to find etc . You will find at least six to eight great restaurants tipped by tripadvisor / DK eyewitness Travel within five minute walk. We only had Breakfast at the Hotel but that was a good start to the day with a selection of cheeses , meats, scrambled eggs, great fresh bread, tea, coffee, juices and obviously various turkish sweet cakes, honey etc. Set us up nicely for the day.
The best bit about this modern boutique Hotel is the position of it in relation to walking to The Blue Mosque , Haghia Sophia, Grand Bazaar , Topkapi Palace and the vibrant area of Divanyolu street. You can be in the heart of it all within five minutes.
We took advantage of going to the Blue Mosque late afternoon in between prayers ( hotel told us prayer times) after all the tourist bus's had gone home and what a difference that made with probably a tenth of the crowds only present.
All in all a hidden gem within the Old Town which surpassed our expectations and if we go back to Istanbul we would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GLK Premier The Home Suites & Spa-Istanbul is a renovated old town, old house, furnished like a comfortable stylish home, facing the Marmara Sea and Little Hagia Sophia. As you pass through the hotel doors,you will be enveloped by the timeless beauty that has made the Home Suites & Spa-Istanbul charming. Experience the perfect blend of modern amenities and historic charm at Istanbul's professional operating management. Located in the centre of Sultanahmet, you can enjoy the views of historic downtown Istanbul outside, while inside, distinguished décor and thoughtful amenities are evident in every striking detail in each of the 18 luxurious accommodations. Walking distance to Sultanahmet Square ,Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar, and many more historical monuments and more. Just 15km (25 minutes) from Istanbul Ataturk Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your GLK PREMIER The Home Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier The Home Hotel Istanbul
- Best Western Premier The Home Suites And Spa