“A marvellous hotel in a fantastic location”

GLK PREMIER The Home Suites & Spa
Ranked #135 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Just returned from a wonderful 3 night break in Istanbul, and the success of the trip was largely down to the accomodation and warm welcome from all the staff at this hotel. We booked a deluxe suite, but were upgraded to an executive suite - Room 403 is THE best room in the hotel - top floor accomodation with bedrooom, separate lounge area, jacuzzi bath, plus the added bonus of a HUGE roof terrace which was simply amazing. Hotel is spotless and the traditonal style spa a Turkish Delight!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IntrepidDiva
thehomesuites, Manager at GLK PREMIER The Home Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2011

Dear Hotel Guest,
Greetings from Best Western Premier the Home Suites & Spa - Istanbul.

Thank you for writing such a great review on the hotel and for trusting us. It was our pleasure to have you staying with us and I am so glad the staff and facilities of the hotel exceeded your expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 May 2011

Have just returned from 4 fantastic days in Istanbul where we stayed at the Best Western Premier The home suites and Spa. (we were a family of 4 plus granddad. Had 2 rooms) The hotel is walking distance from all the main attractions in Sulanahmet, and really close to the Blue Mosque.The streets around the hotel have a fair amount of traffic as does most of Sultanahmet and Istanbul, but noice was not a problem in the hotel or rooms. The rooms were excellent. Clean, great beds, and nice bathrooms. The spa section in the basement was a nice extra in such a relative small hotel (fitness, sauna, turkish bath, masage) However what stood out most was the excellent service from all the friendly staff. Thank You!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank tmjensen
thehomesuites, Manager at GLK PREMIER The Home Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2011

Dear Hotel Guest,
Greetings from Best Western Premier The Home Suites & Spa - Istanbul.

Reviewed 22 May 2011

I stayed 2 nights last week, after booking a last minute business trip. Having never been to istanbul before, and travelling as a lone female I played safe and booked a branded hotel. I'm so glad I booked this one!

The hotel was clean, comfortable and a real home from home. The room was spacious with a luxurious bathroom (jacuzzi bath) and a comfortable bed with good quality bed linen. I've rated 4 instead of 5 for sleep quality as the parquet floor in the rooms means that the tv sound carries. The tvs are set to quite a loud volume when you first switch them on and I could hear the tv from next door. There is also the call to prayer in the night!

After attracting some unwanted attention from some Turkish men in daylight hours, I didn't venture out after dark so ate in the hotel. The menu wasn't extesnive, but the food was fresh and tasty. There was a good selection at breakfast too.

The best thing about this hotel was the staff. Zainep on reception called me taxis each day, gave me local information and was very helpful. Salih is a complete gentleman, he also helped me out with local information, directions etc. He was also nice to chat to as and when I saw him around the hotel.

I would thoroughly recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank CarrieBradshaw3

Dear Hotel Guest,
Greetings from Best Western Premier The Home Suites & Spa - Istanbul.

Many thanks for taking the time to provide a very positive review! I am pleased that you chose Best Western Premier The Home Suites & Spa for your stay in Istanbul.

It is always nice to hear that our attention to detail helped make your stay so enjoyable and that our staff provided such exceptional service.

I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 12 May 2011

Great place to stay in. A new hotel with everything you need. I would recomend this hotel to everybody!

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank PavlinaPraha
thehomesuites, Manager at GLK PREMIER The Home Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2011

Dear Hotel Guest,

I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 12 May 2011

We did not book our hotel initially at the Home Suites. We were staying at another hotel that was terrible and we started walking around Sultanhamet. Mustafa, at the Home Suites welcomed us and provided a wonderful room at a great price. The room was beautiful, with a comfortable bed and nicely appointed bathroom. We enjoyed the breakfast overall especially the made to order eggs, pancakes and espresso that was included. The variety of foods was great, though the cheeses and vegetables and breads could have been fresher sometimes.

More than the rooms, was the service provided. Mustafa, Salih and the rest of the staff were warm, provided lots of assistance whether we needed toothpaste, directions or recommendations for the best Baklava in town. We are so happy this hotel is doing brisk business and is expanding. We will definitely recommend the hotel to our friends and thank the staff for providing a lovely stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karaikudi

Dear Home Suites Guest,
Greetings from Best Western Premier The Home Suites & Spa.
Thank you very much for your kind feedback that you have shared in Trip.Advisor.
We are delighted to receive your positive comments.Your satisfaction is very important for us.
The Home suite staff will always try to do their best for our precious guests.

Reviewed 7 May 2011

We arrived in Istanbul early morning around 6:00am and even though check-in time was 2:00pm in the afternoon our room was readied for us and we were even allowed to have breakfast without paying for that morning. The people at the hotel are really nice and ready to help you with anything you ask. The room is very clean with all amenities you would expect at any American hotel and even more.

This was my second trip to Istanbul and from experience I didn't want to stay in the heart of Sultanahmet which I find to be a noisy crowded area. This hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the Blue Mosque and is worth the exercise by being on a quiet and safe street. Although we didn't get a chance to use the hotel's gym and Turkish bath they were well maintained and very clean. My only complaint is regarding their wifi which has intermittent service, but to be honest I never brought this up with the hotel.

But this hotel is definitely worth every penny and I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank mohmohsin

Dear Hotel Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for chosing Best Western Premier The Home Suites & Spa - Istanbul for accomadation requirement. The highest level of guest satisfaction are really important for us,so we would like to thank you againg for your case.

Hopefully, we'll host you in The Home Suites & Spa Hotel as our repeat guest on your next stay in Istanbul.

Reviewed 30 March 2011

We had a marvellous stay in BEST WESTERN Premier The Home Suites & Spa, Istanbul. It has a wonderful location within walking distances of many major historical monuments such as AyaSofia, Blue Mosque, Top Capi Museum, the entrance to Grand Bazar, the tram station and so on. Our suite was meticulously clean. The facilities were flawless. The staff couldn't be friendlier. The staffs including Zeinab, Orhan, Goli, Saleh, Farok and all others were amazingly friendly and helpful. This was my second visit to Istanbul after more than 30 years. From what I remember from my first visit, I wasn't impressed at all. The city had changed to the extent beyond anything I was expecting. But I am glad to say that what has made me so impressed this time is hugely owed to the pleasantness and hospitality of the staff of the hotel.
It is a small hotel with 20 rooms, a tiny lobby and a small restaurant adjacent to the lobby. But everything is in good proportion. The breakfast was very good with a very good variety of very good quality food. Not all the rooms benefited from the stunning view that our suite did. The suite we'd occupied had a bedroom with a very comfortable twin bed and a living room with two single sofa beds. The living room was a bit compact for two beds. It had a sliding patio window opening into a massive balcony. A bit too big for such a small suite. They could’ve dragged the window a meter or two further into the balcony to make a much bigger room though I could imagine the appreciation of the hotel's summer guests when watching spectacular sunrise and sunset at Bosphor from that balcony. The bathroom had a very well-functioning shower and a Jacuzzi bath tub. The linens and towels were of good quality. Each room had its own flat TV. A free safe was available in the living room. Due to the size of both rooms, there was no dressing table in either of them. There was one big mirror in the living room. The bedroom could have done with a small mirror on the wall. The fitness facilities and sauna and the Turkish bath downstairs were impeccably clean. We booked the hotel as part of a package so it was very reasonably priced but rooms’ tariffs were noticeably higher. I highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank shadi014
thehomesuites, Manager at GLK PREMIER The Home Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2011

Dear Hotel Guest,

First of all,thank you very much for your very kind feedback.

We are soo glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.We hope to accommodate you again in our hotel.