“Johanna”

Ranked #155 of 1,029 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Tampere
“Johanna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

Thank You for your excellent service!
Location of the hotel is great!
I have stayed this hotel several times and always coming back (5 times/year).
Breakfest good!
Thanks for Wi-Fi.
I got transfer to the airport with the cheap price!
Clean rooms!

Room Tip: Nice, clean and big rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Turkish first
Burgas, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

Hotel Asitane is a modest, but very nice hotel with a good location and friendly staff. Our room was large and clean with beautiful view. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty. Surely we are back there again.We recommend this hotel to those who have not large claims and like quiet and cozy places.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stanislava D
Lagos, Nigeria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

My experience has got a twist....I stayed in this hotel whenever I went to Istanbul from Jan 2012....I stayed there not because the price is any better from other hotels in Sultanhamet but because it was the first hotel I went when I started my business in Turkey.so I kind of got used to it...I got to know everything is negotiatable in Turkey and so I decided to negotiate my hotel rate cos I never stay lower than 10days....and the owner of the hotel rained insults on me .the first thing he said to me when the phone was given to him to speak to me was: shut up Tosin! He went on to use the 'F' word ,told me he would call the police if I don't pay the amount I was told to pay......
I would like you all to know that this was not my first time in this horrible structure called a hotel.i go to Istanbul every other month....I made my reservation and on getting there,they did not have a room for me.they took me to the basement of a sister hotel.when I saw this,I went around to make enquiries on hotels and I found very cheap,clean,better structure hotels.the following morning,I Sid I was checking out to go else where.that was when his receptionist Hosan said I would pay for 2days @ ridiculous rates knowing fully well I only spent a night there(he said that was the instruction he was given).it was when I said he should call his boss that I got all the insults of my life......the previous day when I got there,i told this ill mannered hotel owner that the rates are quite high and he said its because there are loads of tourists around.i said I was going to go check other places but because he knows that's where I always stayed,he said if I find a place,I should let him know latest the next day so he can take in customers.that was exactly what I did that made him charge me for 2nights after spending one night and insulted me.....I am not surprised though,his staff changes every 2mths.hes obviously a bad person

Room Tip: All the rooms are noisy.hotel is by the road and the staff and even the owner screams down at people...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Oluwatosin O
Opatija, Primorsko-Goranska, Croatia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

positiv things about this hotel; low price, center of old town, helpful stuff, transfer to the airport at good price, Wi-Fi
negative side; heavy smell in the rooms ( cigarets ), there is no mattress protector and no bottom fitted sheet just some random sheet that is on top of mattress and as you turn it move and you hand up sleeping on mattress, toilet dosent work properly, just one TV channel, they dont change towels often, and if you leave some coins on the table they will be gone with the cleaning lady even if you didnt mean to leave them out as a tip.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Zagreb, Croatia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

This hotel can be option only if you don't mind things like, for example: the toilette which didn't work properly, somone hair you could find in bathroom's sinks or room which smells really bad. We stayed there for 8 nights at the end of October 2012 and room wasn't clean properly either once. Furthermore, they changed towels only once.
The price was among cheapest in the neighbourhood, but we saw that hotels within similar price range look better and more professional. Unfortunately, when we booked the hotel we didn't have many options left, so we booked this hotel because it was the only with spare room at that period, with acceptable price. Breakfast is poor if you don't eat cereals. They also serve some strange cheap cheese and salami, but if you eat proteins you can survive because there is also quite good white cheese, hard boiled eggs and tasteful black olives. If you're on cereals they serve standard offer.
The hotel is situated in old part of Istanbul called Sultanahmet, 10-15 minutes’ walk distance from attractions like Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazzar, Spice Bazaar, Topkappi palace, Archaeological Museum, Museum of Turkish and Islamic Arts; Basilica Cistern and we enjoyed that part of our stay in Istanbul.
The hotel’s personnel was kind and friendly as the most people we met in this gorgeous city even though professionalism is not their strong side. For example, we did not receive the receipt, they did not call taxi for us when we asked and they didn’t serve breakfast on time. The only really good thing was bed and my husband slept quite well. My insomnia is other story and it doesn’t have anything with this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Ipswich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

I'm not sure if I would go back to this hotel. It was good but I think for the money we paid last minute we could have got better elsewhere.

Hotel transfer from and to airport fantastic.
Room was ok, a little tight, it was myself and a friend. Two girls so we do pack a lot.

We were greeted at the reception but not too sure if he wanted us there. But he did show us where everything was on the map and recommended a few restaurants to us.

Im sorry to say the beds were not comfy. We are small girls and we could feel the springs through the mattress. We ended up layering all the covers to soften up the bed.

I can't comment on breakfast as we missed it the first days and it wasn't included in our package. But there's plenty of street food about to enjoy.

Bathroom, we didn't get fresh towels everyday. But it was clean enough. But beware the sink is loose.

Staff and people were always polite and friendly and that's our overall experience of the place.

Location I recommend highly. It was perfect for us. It is on a steep cobbled hill so wear sensible shoes. But it's adventurous and you will see the most skilful driving around. We were near all the main attractions and always felt safe walking back to our hotel late at night. Just the walk down to the hotel was enjoyable with all the surrounding hotels and shops. It takes a little while to get your bearings but once you know it. It's easy enough to find.

Enjoy travellers :)

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank FarJuBe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel at the end of a 6 day stop in Istanbul.
Hotel staff very helpful.
Location of the hotel is great, less than 10 minute walk to the blue mosque, and the main strip where you can find the grand bizarre.
5 minute walk in the other direction and you are close to the fish market.

Rooms clean, beds comfy, stairs are steep in the hotel.
Bathroom dated and needs some attention, tempered glass above sink was a hazard with broken glass.

I would stay at this hotel again as its value for money and a great location.

• Stayed September 2012