“10 stars, ıf I could....”

Galata Istanbul Hotel
Ranked #557 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The most pleasant experıence at thıs hotel!....the most unforgettable memorıes of Turkey happened here, at thıs lıttle and very well attended hotel ın the best part of the Suntanhamet area,,,,,,I left today and I wıll return....

I arrıved ın Istanbul on August 12,2013 and I stayed at the Prınce Hotel, only because my frıends had reserved that hotel. Please read my revıew on the Prınce, ıf I could gıve that hotel MINUS 5 STARS, I would,,,,,,ıt was beyond horrıble.

After tourıng Turkey wıth my son I returned to thıs hotel. the Galata. whıch had honored my reservatıon even wıthout askıng for a deposıt. When I called from the aırport to tell them I was on my way wıth my son, the A,,C was turned on and our room was waıtıng for us!!!

Ugur, at the front desk ıs the absolute bestt!!! the hotel welcomes you,,,,you feel the warmth of the people workıng behınd the lıttle desk....coffee and water and tea are free of charge and the rooms are cleaned and adorable.

In thıs country, most of the bookıngs of hotels are done by bookıngs.com whıch ıs deplorable because they mıslead the customer and when you read my revıew of the Prınce hotel. around the corner from thıs one. you wıll see what I mean.

At breakfast tıme there ıs an attentıve server makıng sure that your cup of coffee ıs fılled all the tıme! and the most ımportant thıng that makes thıs lıttle place over a 5 star hotel ratıng ıs that when someone calls you, they know who you are and your room number and before passıng the call, the attendant lets you know who ıs callıng!!,,,,,your wake up calls happen at the tıme you request ıt,,,,

I am very tough at revıews not only because I have worked ın the hotel ındustry but mostly because I know that ıf I pay for 4 stars, I want to receıve what 4 stars delıver,,,,but wıth the Galata hotel I paıd very lıttle and I felt lıke an Empress!!!

I learned today that ıf you book the hotel dırectly, they wıll pıck you up at the aırport really free of charge, The Prınce Hotel offers the same but stıck you wıth 40 Euros for transfer when the real fare from the aırport to thıs part of town ıs maxımum 40 Turkısh Lıra whıch ıs about 20 Amercan Dollars.

I wıll return to the Galata Hotel and I am takıng fond memorıes of thıs place and the people that work at the hotel that have made ıt possıble.

Best,
Azulıca
New Orleans

Room Tip: I had room 303 wıth a lıttle covered balcony...nothıng espectacular but ohhhhhhhhhhh so nıce to plac...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Azulica
There are newer reviews for Galata Istanbul Hotel

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I spent a night in galata istanbul hotel with my family.
The family room was very spacious and had two bathrooms.
and the most important point is that Ugur was very kind with us an the service was perfect!
If i come back in istanbul... i'll come back here again absolutely...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Philippe D
Reviewed 20 January 2013

an excellent location It is close to everything one needs yet in the privacy of a side lane. very friendly and cooperative staff. contributed towards a great holiday and we will certainly stay there again when in Istanbul. free wifi a great boon.!! wish they had more english channels on the TV though. Great budget hotel - will recommend for sure !

Room Tip: get a room facing street
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rekha K
Reviewed 13 October 2012

So I ended up at this hotel because my original hotel was overbooked. It is not the Hilton, but certainly has charm. The decor is a little dated, but that doesn't bother me as long as everything is clean and well maintained. I had the room right behind the breakfast area. It was spacious and clean. It had 2 beds sofa, TV, coffee and tea supplies, etc. The bathroom was well stocked with soaps, hair dryer, etc . Despite being on the main floor, I had no trouble sleeping. There is subway construction going on nearby but the noise seems to stop at around 10 in the evening. The staff were very helpful and attended to any requests quickly. Internet is free and works most times. The breakfast was adequate but then I am not particularly fussy. What makes this hotel very good, is really the staff. They have very good english skills and are always willing to provide information on getting around the old city. If I didn't have a previous reservation, I would have been quite happy to stay a few more nights at this hotel. Location is fantastic with lots of sites, shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank yu243229
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I chose this hotel because of its location and family room. We are a family of 5, my husband and I, a 14, 11 and 3 year old. We had room 202 which included 2 bedrooms with 2 single beds, a sofa bed, a double bed and another sofa bed. The rooms are spacious enough with 2 big wardrobes. Air conditioner was only in our room but the kids seemed to sleep through the heat in the other room. The room was a back facing room to the train station but we hardly heard a sound from there, more noise from passerbys. The room was fairly clean, towels replaced daily and room cleaned too. Decor was nice, a bit unfinished but expected for the style of place it is. Breakfast was plenty with a few options. The hotel was close to the tram, train, ferries and a few minutes walk to Sultanahmet with the historic sites. We found it easy enough to get to Istiklal and Taksim by tram. The staff was friendly and helpful. The price was a little high but we chose the convenience of the hotel location and room. Plenty of eateries around. Recommended place to stay.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MaryEvano
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Small hotel at walking distance from everything you would like to see in Istanbul (5 minutes to Aya Sofia)Rooms are very clean with beautiful decor and air conditioning that works perfectly. Bathrooms are modern though not extremely large. Breakfast is good with plenty of choices. Reception very kind with good spoken English. I will strongly suggest the Galata hotel especially for the quality versus price. I paid less then 40 euros and felt I was staying in a good 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank kara368
Reviewed 10 July 2012

It was a nice located hotel. However, for the people that travel a lot, I am sure that it will be below their usual standards.
It is an old hotel, not very clean (hairs all over the room floor and duvets), with bothering sounds from the train station.
On the other hand, the personnel do their best to help the visitors and it is cheap.
Your choice...

Room Tip: Do not choose the rooms with view to train station.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business