“Wonderful small hotel!”

Galata Istanbul Hotel
Ranked #573 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I visited Istanbul again, and this winter trip was very nice. I stayed at Sirkeci,Nobethane Cadde.The hotel i found is small but very nice, very clean,and location is perfect.The breakfast is good,enough for morning:cucumbers,tomatoes,cheese,sausages,eggs,jams,etc....You never will be hungry because a lot different restaurants and cafe aroung Nobethane street....I wish to say my thanks to owner of hotel,Mr.Aydin Kaya, also to Mr.Esat, to Ibrahim Ayhan,to Zafer, and to Aynur. I plan to visit Istanbul at April again, and i will stay at Galata Istanbul Hotel again. Thank you for everything, my dear friends!

Room Tip: I assume every room is good. I liked my room 602 with big window,and i could see Karakoy from my roo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Have stayed at this hotel twice. Staff and management very polite and extremely helpful. Rooms small but nicely decorated. Clean bathrooms with toiletries and lots of hot waterLots of clean towels.. Walking distance to all major attractions, train station and ferry port. No need to use public transport! Room had fridge and tea/coffee facilities.

Room Tip: Nice view of Bospherous from room 702. Also very quiet, ensuring a good nights sleep. Will also arra...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MinnysMagic
Reviewed 30 October 2013

If you want to spend night in clean bed, and discover the old town after good breakfast-this is a place for you. You'll be wellcome with nice cup of tea and the stuff is continously disposed for all your questions. Location is great, so you're only few minutes of leisurely walk away from the most points of turistic interes. I recommended this hotel to my friends, and they were completely satisfied, too. This is "my" hotel for nex visit to Istanbul!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Pompea7
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My wife and I from Australia spent a week in Istanbul and used the hotel as our base for exploring the old city and Gallipoli.
This is a small, clean, budget hotel in a great location and the staff did everything they could to make our trip enjoyable. They always welcomed us back from our day with a complementary cup of tea or coffee. They organised our transport to and from the airport as well as our trip to Gallipoli.
It was great to sit at the tables in the street and be part of the old city. The breakfasts had plenty of variety and we enjoyed these immensely. There are plenty of restaurants within five minutes walk and we ate at many of them.
We recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to get away from the big international hotels where you could be anywhere in the world.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 46BobD46
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The most pleasant experıence at thıs hotel!....the most unforgettable memorıes of Turkey happened here, at thıs lıttle and very well attended hotel ın the best part of the Suntanhamet area,,,,,,I left today and I wıll return....

I arrıved ın Istanbul on August 12,2013 and I stayed at the Prınce Hotel, only because my frıends had reserved that hotel. Please read my revıew on the Prınce, ıf I could gıve that hotel MINUS 5 STARS, I would,,,,,,ıt was beyond horrıble.

After tourıng Turkey wıth my son I returned to thıs hotel. the Galata. whıch had honored my reservatıon even wıthout askıng for a deposıt. When I called from the aırport to tell them I was on my way wıth my son, the A,,C was turned on and our room was waıtıng for us!!!

Ugur, at the front desk ıs the absolute bestt!!! the hotel welcomes you,,,,you feel the warmth of the people workıng behınd the lıttle desk....coffee and water and tea are free of charge and the rooms are cleaned and adorable.

In thıs country, most of the bookıngs of hotels are done by bookıngs.com whıch ıs deplorable because they mıslead the customer and when you read my revıew of the Prınce hotel. around the corner from thıs one. you wıll see what I mean.

At breakfast tıme there ıs an attentıve server makıng sure that your cup of coffee ıs fılled all the tıme! and the most ımportant thıng that makes thıs lıttle place over a 5 star hotel ratıng ıs that when someone calls you, they know who you are and your room number and before passıng the call, the attendant lets you know who ıs callıng!!,,,,,your wake up calls happen at the tıme you request ıt,,,,

I am very tough at revıews not only because I have worked ın the hotel ındustry but mostly because I know that ıf I pay for 4 stars, I want to receıve what 4 stars delıver,,,,but wıth the Galata hotel I paıd very lıttle and I felt lıke an Empress!!!

I learned today that ıf you book the hotel dırectly, they wıll pıck you up at the aırport really free of charge, The Prınce Hotel offers the same but stıck you wıth 40 Euros for transfer when the real fare from the aırport to thıs part of town ıs maxımum 40 Turkısh Lıra whıch ıs about 20 Amercan Dollars.

I wıll return to the Galata Hotel and I am takıng fond memorıes of thıs place and the people that work at the hotel that have made ıt possıble.

Best,
Azulıca
New Orleans

Room Tip: I had room 303 wıth a lıttle covered balcony...nothıng espectacular but ohhhhhhhhhhh so nıce to plac...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Azulica
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I spent a night in galata istanbul hotel with my family.
The family room was very spacious and had two bathrooms.
and the most important point is that Ugur was very kind with us an the service was perfect!
If i come back in istanbul... i'll come back here again absolutely...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Philippe D
Reviewed 20 January 2013

an excellent location It is close to everything one needs yet in the privacy of a side lane. very friendly and cooperative staff. contributed towards a great holiday and we will certainly stay there again when in Istanbul. free wifi a great boon.!! wish they had more english channels on the TV though. Great budget hotel - will recommend for sure !

Room Tip: get a room facing street
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple