“Wonderfully friendly, great location, great value, simply great!”
Review of Senatus Suites

Senatus Suites
Ranked #2 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
leeds
“Wonderfully friendly, great location, great value, simply great!”
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Stayed here for 4 days - couldn't have been better looked after! Beautiful, spacious room - lovely shower room - excellent range of goodies! Staff exceptionally helpful and keen to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Nothing but praise for this unique hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 May 2011

We spent three nights in two double rooms and had one whole floor for us!
The hotel is very clean, the service is great, the people are very nice!
The location is very good, there are a lot of nice restaurants and also the most important places of interest are in walking distance. Thank you for all!

New Hampshire
Reviewed 30 April 2011

My wife and I stayed here in April 2011. Usually, we don't stay at boutique hotels, and opt for hotels like the Four Seasons, Ritz, or Mandarin. This time, we figured we would try this hotel based on the reviews here on Tripadvisor. Overall we were very happy, and we would stay here again. I would not call it "5-star," but it was perfectly nice. Here are some factual observations:

1. When we first checked in, we were given the room on the first floor. I would not recommend this room. It is right off of the restaurant and is basically underground. The view out the window is a cement wall. To their credit, as we were checking in (before we even said anything) they told us we could move to another room the next day when another room opened up. We did this without any problem, and they even moved our bags for us.

2. As a boutique hotel, everything is very personal. Everyone that works there knows when you are coming and going. We usually like the anonymity that you get at a major chain hotel, but it was fine. They were not overbearing, and were actually very friendly.

3. The location is great. 5 minutes to the Blue mosque, 10 minutes to a T1 Tram stop, and the road has lots of restaurants and bars on it. One thing to note, some of the bars are pretty lively (i.e., loud), which didn't bother us (especially since we were creating some of the noise!), but if you are sensitive to this, make sure you get a room that faces the back of the hotel.

4. They advertise the rooms as 35 square meters. I didn't have a tape measure with me, but I don't think the rooms are this big. They are bigger than most European hotel rooms I've stayed in, but probably not 35m2. Overall, not a real problem, because the room was plenty big.

5. One small nit, there are only a couple of outlets. If you are electronic-heavy as we are, bring a splitter to plug all of your stuff in!

3 Thank tacostuff
Old Bridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 April 2011

My husband and I just stayed in Millennium Suites last week. I cannot say it enough, this is one of the best hotels we have EVER stayed in. We have stayed in all types of hotels all over the world and I think I may have to put this right at the top. First ....the staff, from the moment we walked in the door, exhausted from a traveling, time difference etc. We were immediately taken care of. We arrived very early, way way before check in and they gave us an available room to sleep in until our room was ready....No one does that.....They did! The room was excellent, very very clean and a very nice size...the bed was sooo comfortable!!!!. Decor sexy! Not gaudy! Our room was thoroughly cleaned everyday. Breakfast was excellent (buffet style and omelettes made to order!!!) ...Breakfast was included too...this was Huge!!!! The waitress greeted us every morning with delicious apple tea and a smile. ...Oh and the location.....it gets no better! Walking distance to everything!!! The Bazaar, All the temples and the street the hotel is located on has a bunch of restaurants including the one in the hotel which is EXCELLENT and a bunch of surrounding restaurants that stay open pretty late which was perfect!!! Oh, and little convenient stores at least 3 that were like 3 minutes from the hotel, perfect for late night snacks which me and my husband love!!!! If you come to Istanbul.....You Must stay here.....You will be soooo satisfied and impressed .....over impressed because they make your stay here unforgettable! Oh and the pick up from and to the airport, EXCELLENT! A very clean, large van so you can actually stretch out!!!....so we were impressed before we even got there. I really hope this review is helpful to you. My husband and I never ever leave reviews, BUT, because of the way we felt about this place, we had to. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

Room Tip: ask for the room with the balcony.
3 Thank SugaReh
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 April 2011

Great location for the main sites in Istanbul. Short walk to the Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar and Topkapi Palace. The street it’s on is full of touristy restaurants, which was not bad after a day of sightseeing. They are all great for sitting outside and having a coffee or beverage in the evening. Staff were very accommodating, friendly and great with kids. Rooms were clean. Breakfast was light and limited, but was perfect for the family to get us started. Highly recommend it. Ask for the first floor room on right. Has small balcony in back. No view, but nice.

Room Tip: First floor room has sitting area outside.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 April 2011

My partner Don and I stayed for 5 nights at the Millennium Suites in March and had a truly incredible time. The location is amazing- literally 3 minutes from the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, Hippodrome, and all the major sites. The rooms were clean and though it is quite a bustling cobblestone street full of hotels and restaurants we found it very quiet at night and easy to sleep. The service was just amazing throughout. Dealt with the owner/manager Mr Ozturk on email before our stay and he greeted us when we arrived. Throughout our stay though we dealt with the amazing day/evening staff and cannot say enough about them. Furkon & Taner are great guys who switch off running the hotel and were full of great humor, advice and we really enjoyed getting to know them. A new waiter had just started when we arrived, Cem, and he also was just a pleasure to get to know. Arzu(forgive my spelling) set up the breakfast most mornings and made us omelets or cappucinos if we desired and we just loved her as well. When we went to Cappadocia for a few days the hotel was nice enough to hold onto our excess baggage downstairs which made traveling so much easier. I took advantage of the coupon I found on tripadvisor which included one way airport pick up, and a free dinner- as the hotel is still somewhat new they began by opening an all italian menu- the food was very good and Cem treated us very well- I hear though they are looking to expand and include more Turkish fare. The breakfast each morning was very nice and filling with a lot of options. I also appreciated that the staff understood that we were not looking for what the average tourist looks for in a vacation- package tours, dinner 'shows', etc.. and were able to accommodate our specific needs. But I am forgetting to mention the great value of the price- a great deal for the money(especially considering the location, cleanliness, service and the extra airport pick up and meal included) Did a lot of looking and searching for a hotel in Istanbul and though there are certainly fancier and more plush places to choose from I cannot imagine getting a better deal for the money and a better overall experience. We loved the city and getting to know the staff at the Millennium was a highlight of our visit. We will be back again.

Room Tip: no elevator so I would ask for a lower floor
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 1 April 2011

The Millennium Suites in Istanbul, Turkey has been a great experience for me. Upon my arrival the desk clerk Furkan was of great assistance. The rooms are so large and have exceeded my expectations. Everyone at the hotel is very helpful and hospitable, I would have never wished for anything more. The hotel is in a gorgeous street called Akbiyik and is so close to everything from the Ayhagah Sophia Church to the SultanAhmet Mosque probably a two minute walk. Eventhough the weather is a bit called but I feel so warm because of the heart warm welcome of this hotel. The hotel is always clean and I have been here for two days here so far and can truely say that this little gem in Istanbul has been one of the best hotels I have to. It feels like I am in my own neighborhood. I have stayed at many world hotels to include the Four Season, Ritz Cartlon, W, and many others but have never felt so special as I am feeling at this moment. I will keep everyone updated regarding the rest of my trip but so far I give this hotel a 5 starrrrrrrrrr.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo