“A bit of a jewel!”

Ranked #20 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Atenas, Costa Rica
“A bit of a jewel!”
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We spent 8 days at the Millennium Suites. It is a real find, perfectly located with a staff that aims to please. All the rooms are large and well equipped. After a one-night stay on the first floor suite (too dark for us), we moved to room 402 facing the street. Our concerns about street noise were misplaced.

The Topkapi palace, Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia are within quick walking distance. The hotel's restaurant is good to very good.

We have been privileged to stay in some of the best hotels in the world (typically on an expense account). Despite its petite scale, our stay at the Millennium Suites ranks in our memories with grander hotels.

We hope to get back to Istanbul and there will be no question as to where we will stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from first floor if light is important. We loved 402, but all the rooms are identical and...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
MillenniumSuites, Manager at Senatus Suites, responded to this review, 29 October 2011
Dear valued guest,
I was really pleased to read your review. I was delighted that you enjoyed all of the service and facilities the hotel has to offer. I have past on your kind words to my team here and I look forward to welcoming you back to Milennium Suites in the near future.

Kind regards and many thanks

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Elizabethton, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I just had the pleasure of staying in this hotel for a week and I thoroughly enjoyed it and can only echo the comments of many other fellow travelers who have reviewed this hotel on TripAdvisor! I was here on business, but it is a great little hotel for most of the major attractions in Istanbul and I actually selected it because if its location. It is within walking distance of the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and many more places. It is also within an 8-10 minute walk of the tram, (Sultanahmet Station) which is a very good and cheap way to get around Istanbul. It costs only 2 Turkish Lira for a one-way ticket anywhere. It's also a good way to go to the port, if you're taking a cruise. It was so convenient that I didn't even use my rental car the whole time I was here. The hotel is very comfortable and the bed is one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in, in a hotel, and I travel a lot! The towels are Turkish towels - large and very soft! The shower is spacious by European standards and the room is larger than most European hotel rooms. The Wi-Fi worked great in the room! The breakfast is free and good - they even make omelets for you! The only drawback is the fact that the hotel has no elevator and only one of the rooms is on the ground floor. The other rooms are located on the other three floors of the hotel, but Taner, or one of the other clerks, will graciously carry your bags to your room. The hotel is situated on one of the most popular streets in the Sultanahmet area and is surrounded by numerous shops, restaurants and other hotels. You won't go hungry and you'll have plenty of places to contribute to the economy of Istanbul! The best thing about this hotel is the people! Alper, the Manager, is the consummate professional and very conscientious about his hotel and his guests. Taner, one of the front desk clerks, has a smile as wide as the Bosphorus and is a very courteous and helpful young man. He has a university degree and is actually a licensed tour guide, so he's a great source for finding out where to go, how to get there and what to do, in Istanbul. I had a wonderful visit here and I would come back here again and would highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Dear valued guest,
I am absolutely delighted to read your glowing review of our hotel. I was so pleased that you enjoyed your stay ,its location and also your dinning experience in our restaurant Emiliano's Italian Cuisine. I have passed on your kind feedback to our kitchen and front desk teams as well as the rest of the team at the hotel. I hope that you will choose The Millennium Suites Hotel on your next stay and I will look forward to welcoming you back personally.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 13 October 2011

After setting up our transfer, somehow it was missed or maybe I just thought I set it up.
Regardless, you could not ask for a more accommodating staff. A warm greeting, flowers in the room, and good free wifi. The breakfast lady had my wife speaking turkish from the first day, a warm and friendly setting. Located perfectly easy walks to Haga Sophia, Blue Mosque, a little farther to the Grand Bazzar, but all very walkable. Restaurants & shopping all around, lively street, and a very good italian restaurant at the hotel. We spent a week here prior to a cruise and it was the high point of our trip.Toner, Arlu deserve many kudos for their hospitality.

Room Tip: no lift, 2nd floor rear was great
1 Thank LosAbuelos

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2011

What a great little hotel. Very comfortable room (I now realise I need new pillows at home!), great breakfasts served by bubbly and efficient waitress, very convenient location for all the things we wanted to visit in a 4 day stay. Lots of restaurants and cafes nearby. The service was cheerful and really excellent, including sustained help with sorting out a charging mistake at a nearby restaurant, for which we are very grateful. Thoroughly recommend, even more so if a good price deal is on offer.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
This is a letter from a perfect little hotel to its special guest,

London
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Just ended a short break to Istanbul where we stayed at the Millennium Suites. Staff were lovely and very helpful. The hotel is easy walking distance to Hagia Sofia / Blue Mosque / Topkapi Palace in an area which while obviously tailored for tourists is nonetheless a great spot to relax on a lounge with cocktail or a shisha pipe. The hotel itself is very small, but the rooms are large, well appointed, comfortable, very clean and with quiet and efficient aircon. The beds are super comfortable and the bathrooms have terrific showers to blast away the dust from the days sightseeing with high pressure hot water and a nice amenities pack, though no moisturiser which is a small oversight. There is a small restaurant / bar at the front of the hotel with outdoor seating which is perfect for a cold beer or a late lunch. A small but nice breakfast buffet is also served here with omelette made on demand. We also booked a tour of the main historical sights through the hotel and this was very useful in getting some historical background and bypassing some of the queues although you don't get much time to take photo's along the way. You may not get the views or the pools and bars of a big hotel here, but you really can't beat it for friendliness, service and convenience. I was staying in a room by myself and so I didn't think the price was especially good value but nonetheless I definitely recommend. One small gripe - it may say that you get a free airport transfer but that is only from Ataturk - not Sabiha, which costs €60 cash. This may seem like a lot, but when you get stuck in Istanbul traffic for 2.5 hours it begins to look cheap!

Room Tip: Front of hotel at the top probably best for light although can be a little noisy if you want to kee...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Glenn R
MillenniumSuites, Manager at Senatus Suites, responded to this review, 23 December 2011
Dear valued guest,

I can not thank you enough for taking time to post your feedback and for each of your words.We are so happy to read that you loved your stay at Millennium Suites.

It is our pleasure to host you again and again.You are always welcome.

Kind Regards

Le Mans
Reviewed 4 October 2011

On the reviews on Trip Advisor we spent 3 days at this wonderful hotel. A great location and staff made our first trip to Istanbul an unforgettable experience. They organized airport pick ups and walking tours of the main attractions. We can hardly wait to visit again. Thanks Taner and all the staff.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
My sincerest thanks for your glowing review of The Millennium Suites Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects fo your stay especially the service you received from the team . I have passed your kind feedback on to them.

I look forward to welcoming you personally on your next stay with us which I hope is very soon.

Kind regards

Mooloolaba, Australia
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Had a lovely time at Millenium Suites in Istanbul. Akbiyik is a busy street full of restaurants and boutique hotels, close to the main attractions in Sultanahmet. The rooms are quite and peaceful. The furnishings are very new and in pristine condition. The large rooms are kept spotlessly clean and the staff cannot do enough for you. Quality continental and 'serve yourself' breakfast with omlettes to order, a great start for the day. The in-house restaurant serves an interesting combination of Italian and Turkish meals. The Italian was a welcome change after a week of kebap and barbequed aubergine! Recommend this small hotel highly. Thanks Tanir and the team at Millenium Suites.

Dear valued guest, Greetings from Millennium Suites Hotel

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are especially pleased to have impressed you on your first stay with us and very much hope that you feel assured to make us your preferred Istanbul Hotel for future stays.
Warm regards