“Nice place”

Ranked #2 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Sydney. Australia
“Nice place”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We really loved our stay at the Millennium Suites. Very friendly hosts who went out of their way to make us feel at home. Even set up breakfast early for us when we had a very early flight at 5am.

The location is Sultanahmet is fantastic with lots of great restaurants around. The hosts are very gracious, never try to sell you extra tours or anything.

The rooms are huge and well appointed. Be aware though this is a 4 story hotel with no lift so if you are in the higher floors it can be a bit of a hike. The hosts will get your bags up and down no problem though.

Very good place and excellent value if you pay cash!

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor if you don't like stairs
1 Thank Beckymae

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Commerce Township, Michigan
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Yes, the staff, service and property were outstanding! . My husband and I stayed at the Suites for 3 nights in early August. The restaurant offers the choice of two menus, Italian or the local cuisine. I had the tuna salad and it had all fresh vegetables. I especially liked the olive oil and vinegar decanters. I asked where could I buy them? I gave euros to one of the staff as he offered to pick up a set for me. The next day I had the glass decanters! Would another hotel do this for a guest? Probably not. I was only interested in eating dinner at the popular seafood restaurants per TA. The Suites called a van to take us to the restaurants and bring us back to the Millennium Suites--free! We did tip the driver. I requested my eggs be made with no olive oil, the breakfast woman listened with a smile. When guests enter the lobby I noticed the men on staff stood up; and remained standing until the guests went to their rooms. Very professional and respectful! I forgot my electrical converter for Italy as we were returning there after our visit. The management bought one for me! I offered to pay for the converter, but he said it was complimentary! These acts of kindness and service go very far and are remembered forever. Our room was perfect with every attention to details. I may return to Istanbul in 2 years, and I will return to the Millennium Suites!

1 Thank LadiesMantle8
Finchingfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I had no idea where to stay in Istanbul so after lots of searching I stumbled across the Millennium Suites and read the reviews before booking and I must say I was rather apprehensive as I was booking for a family group.

I needed of worried the Millenium Suites are excellent making us all feel very welcome indeed. They made up a fantastic bed up in our room for our son too, nice touch.
It is a great location for sightseeing just a short walk from the attractions with the added bonus of being to return for a drink outside the suites foe a spot of people watching !!!

We will be returning again too.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor overlooking the road and it wasn't noisy at all. My parents roo...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank HELEN L
Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed 29 August 2012

This was our second trip to Istanbul, but our first time to stay in Sultanahmet area. The Millenium Suites is close to the important sites, yet we felt that we were in a small neighborhood of warm and friendly people. The staff made us feel so welcome and they are all working hard to keep this small, intimate hotel first rate. We found everything about this hotel to be superior!! Thank you, Alper and Sonar, for a most enjoyable stay! Carole B.

Room Tip: We stayed in the first floor room, which was very quiet and convenient, also very good A/C.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank carjac4042
22travel22travel, Owner at Senatus Suites, responded to this review, 6 January 2015
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to unbelievable review Millennium Suites Hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is always such a pleasure to read lovely reviews. Millennium Suites Hote is blessed with genuinely caring staff and we take every pride in looking after you.

I am delighted that you had such a pleasant stay and I very much look forward to welcoming you back again to your Istanbul home soon.

Warm regards,
Alper OZTURK
Owner
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband & moi went to Istanbul for 3 nights & we did not want to leave Istanbul all thanks to Mr Alper,owner of Millenium Suites & his wonderful staff like Taner,Alper & the great chef who gave wonderful complimentary b'fast every morning & would make eggs whatever way we liked.It was a family who we would never be apart from for a single day & Alper's wife & son were also sweet & so loving.

It is very important to have a wonderful hotel on a holiday but these people made us feel the Hotel was like our 2nd home & they were always so helpful & would go all out to help us.

In short, I can say I have a new addition to my family & they will always hold a special place in our hearts always.God bless them & hope many more visitors would go to their hotel & enjoy the same love & kindness shown by every single worker.Their rooms were big too unlike some of the others I had seen on the net & close to all the sites.

If I revisit Turkey it would be thanks to the love & kindness of the Owner & his staff.Over the years I have travelled all over the world but nothing like the Millenium Suites.I would recommend this hotel to anyone who plans to visit Istanbul as all the sites are walking distance & you don't have to worry about the food as there are so many restaurants around you which are good.

Book this Hotel & you will not feel sorry.Trust me, this is the best & so are the people at this Hotel............they are my family now.

Room Tip: All rooms are big which is important to us.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank varnan B
Zwijndrecht, Belgium
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I've never had such an experience before ! Very, very client friendly: free shuttle service from the airport – 15% discount when paying cash – hotel overbooked: first night in hotel next door = first night totally free of charge – free attentions for the inconvenience - free bottle of water each day – free use of minibar – free use of coffee and tea – 15% discount in hotelrestaurant – fresh flowers on the room – super friendly personnel !!

2 satisfied Belgians

Room Tip: We had a very spacious and quiet room with twin beds on the second floor on the back ! Perfect !!!
3 Thank Carine L
Boston
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This was our first trip to Istanbul with our family of five including 2 college students and 1 high school student. The Millenium Suites made our trip complete. The hosts made us feel like family, the breakfast buffet was a feast, and the rooms were spacious and clean. We enjoyed being in the heart of the action, near many great restaurants and within walking distance to all major tourist attractions.

Room Tip: If sleep is an issue, ask for a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family