“Wonderful hotel. Will definitely stay there the next time I'm in Istanbul”

Blisstanbul Suites & Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,150 Hotels in Istanbul
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful hotel. Will definitely stay there the next time I'm in Istanbul”
Reviewed 26 December 2010

I found this hotel based on reviews on Trip Advisor and I am so happy I choose this place. I traveled to Turkey by myself for a nice relaxing vacation and stayed at this hotel for a total of about 8 days while I was in Istanbul ( I traveled to a few other cities in Turkey during the middle of my two week vacation there.) If you like small boutique hotels (only has 7 rooms) at a great value then this is the place for you. Why I loved this place:

1) The staff: Everyone from the owner to the guys working the front desk and the cook were extremely friendly and kind to me while I was there. In particular, Erhan, who works at the front desk went above and beyond taking me and and two other guests at the hotel site-seeing around Istanbul or shopping on his off time. He didn't ask or request payment for his time. Over the entire stay I found him to be very helpful and fun to talk to. Even the owner was extremely friendly and once he invited me to have lunch with him and the staff one afternoon when I got back early from site-seeing.
**two stay fair and balanced, I will say that like all hotels if you ask them their opinion on site-seeing options they will promote tours offered by certain companies for which I am sure they get a commission. But as all hotels I've ever been too do this, this didn't bother me.

2) The rooms: The rooms are surprisingly large, clean and attractive. It appears as if the rooms have been recently renovated. I stayed in two of the rooms while I was there. They both had King size beds that were very comfortable. The rooms have all the basic amenities and they even provide you slippers to wear in your room. The first room I stayed in was on the first floor. The room is located behind the restaurant/lobby area. You pass through two doors to enter the room as a means of soundproofing. I will warn you that if you stay in that room, you definitely have to have the outer door closed or you will hear everything that is being said in the lobby. Also, the room is a little darker than the others because the window faces a wall that I think they stated is one of the old fortress walls that used to protect that part of Istanbul. The second room I stayed in, Rm. 201, is a great room in the back part of the hotel that has a large private terrace outside the room. I didn't really get to enjoy the terrace since it was a little cold to be sitting outside but I can see that it would be very enjoyable in the summer time. Be warned though that by private terrace I mean that it can only be accessed by 201 BUT the terrace faces the back end of apartments in the area so its not like you would go out there in your underwear or anything unless you want to give your neighbors a view....That being said, I have decided that that is the room for me if I go back.
**additional disclaimer, when taking a shower in the bathroom it is best to use the shower-head as a handheld device. If you mount it on the wall to use it stationery, you will get water all over the bathroom floor because the shower doesn't have a door, just a piece of glass that only extends just under half-way across the length of the shower.

**also, for those traveling in large groups, you should know that the hotel owns a large 3 bed room apartment on the next street over from the hotel which currently rents for 100 Euros a night. The flat was very secure with the top and bottom lock having 3 turns each to lock and there is a safe in each bedroom (the main hotel has safes in the room as well). Each bedroom has a king size bed so it easily sleeps 6 people comfortably. I had to stay in the flat the first night of my trip because the hotel was full. The flat was obviously recently renovated and was very attractive but at the time the kitchen was missing a microwave and there were no waste paper baskets. I pointed this out to the owner and I'm sure that has since been rectified. Lastly, because it is not located on the main property, it seemed that housekeeping has to be reminded to go there to clean (which I guess is okay if the point of a flat is to have more privacy). If I was traveling in a group, the flat would have been a great option.

3) The location: The hotel is located in the Sultanhamet district which is where many of the major culture sites are located such as the Blue Mosque and Haga Sofia. It is about a 5 minute walk to the tram stop and a nice relaxing walk (about 15 minutes) to the Bosphorus river.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Single_Black_Female
MillenniumSuites, Manager at Blisstanbul Suites & Hotel, responded to this review, 29 December 2010
Dear Valued guest,,
I would like to thank you for taking time to post the great comments on Millennium Suites Hotel.

I am very proud and excited to work in a great hotel and with great ladies and gentlemen. Your comments are well received and will be shared with all staff staff who will be pleased by your comments.

Your additional disclaim is also well received when the hotel is available I am going to change shower,there should be a door too.They look so smart and modern but for the first use of the shower gets water to the bath.The microwave and the paper basket is put in the flat after your advise.
I look forward to hosting you here again and again at our lovely hotel and our dream city Istanbul.Wish you have a happy christmas with your family and friends.

With Regards
Alper OZTURk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2010

i stayed here for 2 nights early december....the hotel is located in a very lovely area where there are little shops and cafes..very close to main street and tube..the room is beautiful!! big clean and the bed is huge* prob could fit like 5 people in there* lol...and super comfortable... the people are very friendly and helpful with everything ~espacially Erhan:)

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Joy47021
South Africa
Reviewed 13 December 2010

We stayed at the Millenium Suites for 8 nights in November 2010 after travelling through Europe on a 24 day Trafalgar Tour. Needless to say, we were exhausted when we arrived in Istanbul, and due to the fact that we had been travelling to so many countries before Turkey, I had not called the hotel beforehand to confirm that our transfer but we had arrived at the airport and our transfer was hassle free.

We arrived at the hotel and were greeted by the hotel owner Alper and other staff and we were given a complimentary welcome drink and our bags were taken to our rooms, which were extremely clean, and the furnishings looked brand new. The rooms were also very large and the much anticipated beds had definitely met my expectations.

The location of the hotel is extemely central, and two minutes from the blue mosque and hagia sofia which was fantastic, and the hotel also has an in house italian restaurant which has excellent food.

The service I recieved at this hotel was second to none in Europe. Both myself and my wife were amazed at the hospitality of ALL the staff. We felt as though we were at home.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff at the hotel, even the housekeeping staff always had a smile on their faces and no request made to them was too much to ask.

I am generally a very fussy person and I am very critical when I go to hotels, but I cannot find a fault with this hotel, I was very impressed and they had definitely EXCEEDED my expectations, and I will, without ANY hesitation recommend this hotel to anyone going to visit istanbul.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joey55
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 13 December 2010

This beautifull hotel is centrally located in a nice street that is full of nice restaurants,bars ,hotels and nice people from all over the world.This street and of course our hotel were like a meeting point where people come together from all over the world and close to the Blue mosque ,Agia Sophia,Topkapi palaces and less than 10 minutes to the Grand Bazaar by foot.I advise you to use TL as you are in ıstanbul and should do exchange in the grand bazaar too.Do make in at the airport and any other place.They pay too less for your money.

The hotel has really large absolutely quite,so clean and very well decorated rooms and batrooms. There were anything in the room that you might need during your stay ( a smart kettle,any kind of teas , jacops and ironing board, toothbrush and shaving kits, wet napkinetc.)
I have to underline that the bed was a queen size and absolutely the most comfortable one I have ever seen,even more than my bed at home.
The staff is so friendly and helpfull and made our trip so enjoyable and economical by recommendations and special discounts.I can not thank you enough for their warm hospitality.We got the service to the airport for return with a reasonable price . It was really cheaper than taxi we got from the airport to the hotel.Advise you to get this service especially for the trip from airport to the hotel.We paid to much to the taxi driver who never knows the town and could not find the hotel ,get around and around to find .

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anya_Surovceva
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 December 2010

The staff was welcoming, the room large and the bathroom very modern and done in marble. The location was but a less than 5 minute walk to the major sites. The street scene lively with many sidewalk cafes. We've already recommended it to friends

Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jczepiel
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 3 December 2010

The hotel with which we originally booked was being renovated so we were "forwarded" to Millennium Suites. What a gem. Recently renovated, the bedroom and bathroom were large, very comfortable and beautifully decorated. We particularly liked the up-to-date energy saving touches. The staff was excellent, charming and always ready to help. Breakfast delicious. An added bonus was being five minutes walking distance from the Blue Mosque area and 15 minutes from the Grand Bazaar. The hotel has a restaurant and if you wanted to try something else, the little cobbled street had a wide range to choose from. We loved it and would stay there again.

Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 30 November 2010

Stayed at Millennium Suites for three nights in room 402, with my husband and young son (he turned 2 the day we arrived).
We had a airport pick up provided by the hotel and arrived right in front of the hotel though we couldn't see it initially, we thought, this is a restaurant..? but upon entering the 'resturant' we found the hotel reception which is sort of within the restaurant/lobby. It's a small boutique hotel, the ceiling in our room was low and my husband knocked his head into the chandelier at least three times (i had to duck as well, but didn't knock anything), the shower head is also low and fell on me twice, and on the husband twice as well before we got the hang of it (i am about 5'6" and the husband about 5'10"), there is no lift/elevator, the reception looks slightly larger than a rostrum, and the italian food, although good, is not authentic italian if that matters to you. There was a leak coming from somewhere in our bathroom whenever we used it but we couldn't be bothered to figure out where it was coming from so the space between the toilet and the shower stall would get pretty wet. and I experimented with the bidet thing in the toilet, but it sprays water forward between the toilet rim and the seat and gets the floor wet round your ankles when you're sitting on it so we never used it. These are the only downsides I can think of, but for us the plus points far outweigh them.

The location is perfect, walking distance to Sultanahmet Cami/ Blue Mosque, Topkapi, Aya Sofiya, Sirkeci, Hodja Pasha cultural centre, Grand Bazaar, Sultanahmet tram stop, and everything in between! Blue Mosque is a five min walk away. Eateries, restaurants abound in this area too, literally on the same street.

The service is warm and sincere, like going to a friend's house; they go out of their way and are very attentive to your needs and not once did anyone pull a long face (we arrived not expecting a cot as we thought our son would share the bed with us, especially in unfamiliar surroundings, but when the lovely housekeeping lady saw little Ilyas she immediately suggested fixing up the cot for us anyway; I stupidly snapped the key card in our door but Alper didn't flinch, he just said, "It is okay, that is life, i will fix it tomorrow" as we had the manual key to get in and out and we were happy with that; and we had trouble deciding on a tour and Alper was incredibly patient and gracious with difficult me, and helped me make local calls when i needed to).

The bed is HUGE, very wide, it fit all three of us with room to spare (yes Ilyas slept with us in the end as he was unwell), but again if you're taller than my husband, your feet may dangle..

And also very important, the room and the rest of the hotel is spotless!!!!!!!! Sooo clean! and I am so neurotic about cleanliness, Millennium Suites cleared my checklist! seriously. Very clean, i was so happy with this. To me, that was the most important.

Breakfast is basic and good - unsweetened cereal, muesli, fruit yoghurt, bread, rolls, cheese borek, jams, butter, nutella, eggs (that were fully boiled), scrambled eggs, cold cuts, ketchup and condiments, and various other local pastries, tea, coffee, cordial, hot water, milk. Brilliant!

Based on all the great points, I would highly recommend this hotel; we plan to visit Istanbul again and won't hesitate to stay with Millennium Suites in Sultanahmet.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family