“Great value- Homely stay”
Review of Esans Hotel

Esans Hotel
Ranked #30 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
richmond va usa
“Great value- Homely stay”
Reviewed 1 January 2011

I must confess I search for value whenever I look for hotels. When I was looking for my Istanbul stay, I compared Esans prices with other options and Esans prices were higher. However I was impressed with reviews here- so went aheas and booke a superior triple room. However I was cynical and apprehensive before landing there. But finally I am happy that it was the right choice. The big advantages of hotel are "Customer service" and "location". Elegantly decorated rooms. It is like staying at a home away from home. Any reasonable request you have - you can voice it- and stay assured that it will be taken care of. With vegetarian choices, we wanted to use their microwave, it was no problem. The wireless internet signal in room was weak- bu end of trip- a new router had been installed to take care of that. I could borrow ethernet cable from them. Folks who look after the hotel are well educated professionals who appreciate the concerns of travelers and go the extra mile to help them. Our departure time was before "official commencement of breakfast"- but they were able to arrange sthg for us. Breakfast was good. I would just recommend them to include more information on Istanbul within their repertoire to help the guests.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank travelking123
esanshotel, Manager at Esans Hotel, responded to this review, 8 January 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. So valuable for us.

As per our mission of preserving our own distinctive ethnics, esthetics and cultural dynamics rather than only trade and commercial activities in Turkey, we pay maximum efforts to make our guests comfort and understand, feel & live Turkish culture with correct perception.

We definitely take your recommendations and proceed accordingly.

Thank you very much. It was great to welcome you.
Best Regards
Esans Hotel Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 1 January 2011

I like spending time on the old city istanbul during my business trips. Esans Hotel is like a secret place in Istanbul old city and a next door neighbour to the Topkapi Palace. The staff has very friendly and hospital in treatment. Well, the hotel has well welcoming atmosphere, which really surrounds you in a glance as you enter the very well restored old building. The location made it extremely easy to walk to all of the old city important sights like the St. Sophia church and Sultanahmet. Staff also advise me some nice advanced sights to see in the old city, like old book seller bazaar saaflar and chora museum. That was something I coluld never have checked, without local advise. The rooms are very nice decorated with colourful textiles giving a nice and comfortable sleep. The breakfast was nice also. Not a 5 -3 star hotel breakfast ok, but it was nice to have some local kinds of mezes and hot plates and fresh orange juice. It was also so kind of the staff to let me check in early in the morning without asking any extracost. I could say I'm really highly satisfied with an even short 4 days stay and I'm definitely planning to come with my friends, enjoy Istanbul on a much longer opportunity.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Anton1977
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 31 December 2010

I didnt know much about Istanbul but the staff there helped plan all the places that are worth seeing and I had a lot of fun! the rooms are cozy and very clean! Everything was within walkable distance and the people the worked there made my trip all the better! Definitely worth the price and I would for sure recommend it to all my friends!!!!!

1 Thank jasxie90
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Reviewed 30 December 2010

The location of the hotel is just perfect. Even though its really close to all the major attractions, its still very peaceful at night. The staff there are extremely helpful in planning my staying in Istanbul.

1 Thank jasminexie
Sonoma, California
Reviewed 27 December 2010

I stayed at the Esan's Hotel in Sultanhamet in early October. The staff was exceptional, and very helpful. The breakfasts were nice on the roof. There are many places to chose from in Sultanhamet, but Esan's, is tucked away and very close to Topkapi Palace. I would highly recommend trying to get a room on the upper floor, to get an incredible view of the Bosporus. I would definitely try and stay there again when I go back to Istanbul!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank HRPETS
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 27 December 2010

personalized very friendly welcome, good balance of "home-feeling" and discretion, ideal located for sightseeing.... and - if it doesn't rain - a great view from the roof terrace, but if it rains, they provide you an umbrella with a warm smile! very attentive!

1 Thank emmawiniger
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2010

I travel to Turkey often, especially Izmir and Istanbul, due to business, and usually stay in standard business hotels. This time, the hotel was booked by a local colleague and I must say it is an excellent boutique hotel with superb turkish hospitality. The location is very close to all the amenities, including monuments and museums and there are many restaurants and pubs close by, although the hotel is still very silent. The staff was very helpfull and friendly with all of our demands. The breakfast buffe was pretty good and varied. The room was nice and in style with their "Esans" themes. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hidden gem in Istanbul. Hopefully I can go with my wife next time and take a few days off to fully enjoy the place.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business