“Outstanding hotel”

Ranked #29 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Lesotho
“Outstanding hotel”
Reviewed 10 February 2011

I can't write enough positive things about this hotel. It is in a perfect location (five blocks from the Aya Sofya) and the rooms are very comfortable. Also, the breakfast is great -- and wireless internet is included.

Also, Cengiz and the entire staff were extremely helpful in setting up a cruise for us. The overall service level was outstanding.

All of this was provided for a very low price. The only downside was that the street outside the hotel was a bit noisy, though we were still able to sleep well (despite being light sleepers).

I highly suggest this hotel for anyone coming to Istanbul, particularly if you are coming to Istanbul to see the sights.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Berkeley CA
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Sultanahmet is the main historical area of Istanbul, with loads of sites and sounds packed into a tiny area. Esans is super conveniently located yet also extremely quiet and private. It's perfect place to recover from all the walking and seeing, and helps you appreciate the city even more. The staff is great, most speaking excellent English (unfortunately I speak no Turkish), and very sensitive to the needs of all the different types of travelers they encounter. The room are beautiful, clean, and breakfast was plentiful, seeing us through to a late lunch every day. You can't go wrong with Esans.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dianaharp
Dubai
Reviewed 31 January 2011

I stayed at Esans hotel on winter time.It was raining and windy.but when I arrived the hotel,I felt very very hot.I mean staff are very friendly(always smiling)make me so positif.
I love Istanbul.The hotel is very closed all places.I went every where by walk.on the terace of hotel see the Topkapi place wall.It is like a you are in ottoman times or I dreamed it.very nice view from the terace.
I recomend this hotel to everyone.Also I have to say that I like the Cariye essence.(İt is very fresh.without alchol.).for myboyfriend I bought Sultan essence.
I will come back to Istanbul old city Istanbul-Esans Hotel to feel the ottoman times.I love old times.

Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank acaciaDubai
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 January 2011

The hotel is right in the centre of istambul sultanahmet mosque blue area old city. We went everywhere by walking. Old city cultural sights are very close to the hotel. The room was very nice and colorfull decorated. The staff was extraordinary helpful. They are good in English to discuss the details of the important events and monuments in Istanbul. The rate was included with nice breakfast. like a mediterian type including different kinds of cheese and olives as well as fruit jams. We liked the Hotel very much and I am planning to stay there again for my business travel in March.

1 Thank ReinhardGkan
Reviewed 15 January 2011

Very homey atmosphere. The family manages the hotel is like a core turkish family and very hospatile.They offer local tastes like lokkum,tea,coffee and fortune telling.They have extensive info for sights and history. The room are very comfortable and large comparing to my previous hotel experience in Sultanahmet.Breakfast was very nice and they immediately bring what you like. Finally very welcoming house

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank ZTETraveller56
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 7 January 2011

Esans Hotel, they describe themselves as Traditional Modern Receiving House. They are the most friendly staff I have ever seen in Hotels that I have been. It is a family managed Hotel with taking care of their customers very much. Providing good Hints for your travel including touristic places as well as non popular but ethnical concerts, events... We have been a nice Turkish etnical concert and dervish ceromony by this chance. Really amusing performences. The rooms have different colors in the Hotel. We need to change room during our stay due to unavaibility, however it was nice since we tasted totally different colors, authentic atmosphere. The hotel is clean and breakfast was nice. I left my belt in the room, after 2 days they sent me an email. Great service, I would recommend it for sure.

1 Thank 77eliza
Burbank, California
Reviewed 7 January 2011

It was my first time in Istanbul Old City. We found Esans Hotel in reviews here and was wondering about it till the last moment. It definitely made us satistied. A great location. It is at the foot of Topkapi Palace and Hagia Sophia. The staff really do their utmost to make you feel at Home. Even my sickness a bit restricted us, the staff kept their eye on us and supplied us some medicines and herbal tea for my throat. They treat like we are one of their relatives. It is very important to understand real Culture instead of touristic attractions. The room was very spacious, nice and clean. We suggest it definitely.

1 Thank f_j0hns0n