Esans Hotel
Hanedan Hotel(Istanbul)
Konya Pension(Istanbul)
Excellent 5/5
    • Breakfast included
    All reviewstopkapi palaceold cityblue mosquerooftop terraceno elevatorturkeyperfect locationthird floorwithin walking distancetop flooreach morningmain attractionshotel is locatedquiet streetbreakfast was deliciousstayed for nightssultanahmet district
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 13 February 2011

I had chosen this hotel in Istanbul based on the fine reviews I read here on tripadvisor, I was very much pleased with my decision to do so. My brother, mother and I stayed here for one night last week. I will first say that "Engie", the receptionist was a pure joy and added to our stay. He gave us personal service and went out of his way to make us comfortable.
    The room itself has very artistic decor and the hotel overall is very clean being less then a year old. Location is excellent. 5-10 walk to Blue mosque/Sultanahmet tram spot which takes u to main sites. Keep in mind though. From the hotel, the street that goes this area is a very intense hill so just those people who have issues with mobility. I would keep this in mind.
    Also, the view from the roof of the hotel is wonderful with the Sea of Marmar visible in front of your eyes.
    Breakfast was light, yet much to choose from. Plus they served fresh orange juice as well.
    Only issue I had was that the floors in the room were hardwood. We were staying on the 2nd floor, and the guest from the room above us came home late and I woke up from their walking around, but otherwise room is truly spacious and excellent. Also of note, shower/bathroom clean plus both 120/240 electrical ports were in the room. Huge for me being from USA.
    Overall excellent stay especially for the price. 3 single beds for 73 euros! I would defintely recommend this hotel. The stay was more fulfilling then a brand hotel. Enjoy the trip!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
    1  Thank Travelprince2345
    Reviewed 10 February 2011

I can't write enough positive things about this hotel. It is in a perfect location (five blocks from the Aya Sofya) and the rooms are very comfortable. Also, the breakfast is great -- and wireless internet is included.

Also, Cengiz and the entire staff were extremely helpful in setting up a cruise for us. The overall service level was outstanding.

All of this was provided for a very low price. The only downside was that the street outside the hotel was a bit noisy, though we were still able to sleep well (despite being light sleepers).

I highly suggest this hotel for anyone coming to Istanbul, particularly if you are coming to Istanbul to see the sights.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 7 February 2011

Sultanahmet is the main historical area of Istanbul, with loads of sites and sounds packed into a tiny area. Esans is super conveniently located yet also extremely quiet and private. It's perfect place to recover from all the walking and seeing, and helps you appreciate the city even more. The staff is great, most speaking excellent English (unfortunately I speak no Turkish), and very sensitive to the needs of all the different types of travelers they encounter. The room are beautiful, clean, and breakfast was plentiful, seeing us through to a late lunch every day. You can't go wrong with Esans.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
    4  Thank dianaharp
    Reviewed 31 January 2011

I stayed at Esans hotel on winter time.It was raining and windy.but when I arrived the hotel,I felt very very hot.I mean staff are very friendly(always smiling)make me so positif.
    I love Istanbul.The hotel is very closed all places.I went every where by walk.on the terace of hotel see the Topkapi place wall.It is like a you are in ottoman times or I dreamed it.very nice view from the terace.
    I recomend this hotel to everyone.Also I have to say that I like the Cariye essence.(İt is very fresh.without alchol.).for myboyfriend I bought Sultan essence.
    I will come back to Istanbul old city Istanbul-Esans Hotel to feel the ottoman times.I love old times.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
    1  Thank acaciaDubai
    Reviewed 16 January 2011

The hotel is right in the centre of istambul sultanahmet mosque blue area old city. We went everywhere by walking. Old city cultural sights are very close to the hotel. The room was very nice and colorfull decorated. The staff was extraordinary helpful. They are good in English to discuss the details of the important events and monuments in Istanbul. The rate was included with nice breakfast. like a mediterian type including different kinds of cheese and olives as well as fruit jams. We liked the Hotel very much and I am planning to stay there again for my business travel in March.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple