“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #86 of 1,012 Istanbul B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

We were in Istanbul for a wedding, and the majority of the guests travelling from the UK were also at the same hotel. Our room was very comfortable and must have been recently redone as was of a high standard. The pool facilities were also great and very well maintained. The staff were helpful with accommodating all of us involved in the wedding and nothing was too much. Especially when my boyfriend lost his mobile phone, one member of staff named Brk went out of his way to help. He even accompanied my boyfriend to the police station to translate when reporting it to help gain a crime report for insurance purposes.

Would highly recommend the hotel and will be emailing to thank the staff for their help!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Louise F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Turkish first
Ankara, Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

Great boutique hotel, lovely and comfortable rooms. There are big rooms and bathroom. Clean rooms. Location is close to popular malls, Kanyon and Metro City and very close to the tallest building of Europe, Sapphire.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Sono M
Alexandria, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

This is an excellent hotel, very good value for money, and spotlessly clean. The neighbourhood is quiet, especially compared to the centre, and there's a bus station and metro station about 2 min away from the front door which will take you to Taksim in 10 min. The staff are very professional and friendly. I spent a month here and still looked forward to returning in the evenings after a long day in the city.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank May675
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

Booked this hotel due to the great price, the great look of the hotel and the great reviews. The hotel itself is outstanding! The rooms are just stunning, they are clean and the beds are comfortable and spotlessly clean! Our room had an outdoor terrace which overlooked the Levent area (the underground in Istanbul is fantastic and so easy to use - 4 Levent is just round the corner).
Sad to say that there are a few buts which totally ruined our stay here. First of all, we had emailed the hotel to arrange an arrival transfer. The transfer never turned up and despite numerous phone calls to ascertain what had happened we were told to get a cab, which we did. Not the best start.

As I previously said, our room was beautiful on the 7th Floor on the original hotel side. Jaw-droppingly gorgeous but the outdoor terrace was bare. Here they had a gorgeous outdoor space but we couldn't use it, no chairs, no tables - nothing which was really puzzling considering the level of detail and attention that has been lavished on the inside.

We checked through the room and had a look in the mini-bar and noticed that the beers were missing from the fridge and the bathroom amenities consisted of 3 bottles of shampoo and one bottle of conditioner. I wouldn't normally complain about little things like this but it's hard not to when all these little things begin to add up.

nobody showed us where we could have breakfast or where the pool was, we had a post-it note with times and the cost of the breakfast. Can't comment on either of these as we didn't know where it was!

I did email Melis (the reservations manager, not as it appears on here the hotel manager) with my concerns, and to give credit within an hour we had outdoor furniture and some body wash, but no reply to my email.

The night before we were to leave my partner called to reception to book a return transfer to the airport for our flight to Singapore the next morning at 10am, and reception confirmed that it would be 35 Euro and that it was booked.

The next morning at check out I paid my bill which came to 85 Euro, they didn't give me a bill to check first, but I was concious of the time for our pick up, so I just paid it and waited for the transfer. Ten minutes after the transfer should have been there, I asked if it was on its way only to be told that it hadn't been booked! They eventually booked it and told us we would have to wait another 30 minutes. While we were waiting we heard another guest complaining that she had paid for her previous week and wanted to pay for the second week. They were arguing with her that they hadn't been paid for the previous week until she produced the credit card recipt to confirm her payment. They didn't even apologise. I decided to then check on the bill I had paid and when I received it to my horror they had charged me for things from the minibar that I hadn't even used along with the fee for the arrival transfer that didn't turn up!

I asked to see melis to voice my concerns with regards to the service and the mistakes made with my bill and she had the audacity to LAUGH AT ME! not once did she apologise but she did cancel the mini bar bill but still made us pay for the return transfer and when I questioned her on this as I believe it should have been complimentary as a goodwill gesture she refused. I asked her to explain why she had such a beautiful hotel and her staff were poorly trained in the operation and the customer service, she just laughed and said that she would pass it on to the manager as she was only the reservation manager.

I work for a travel company as part of one of the worlds most respected american charge card company and I had informed her that I was not only here on pleasure but I was also here to make a decision on whether or not it would be suitable for our most descerning cardholders, yet she as the 'manager' thought it good practice to laugh at me.

I would definitely return to this hotel if they had an overhaul of management and invested money in staff training and customer service skills - it's not the staff's fault if the leadership is failing them. I was so sad to have this outcome from what is one of the most beautiful and luxurious hotels I've stayed in. It's such a shame. Hopefully the actual manager will take notice of this mesage and has read the email I have sent and act upon it accodringly and hire some management who truly believe that this could be the 5* hotel that they advertise it as. This hotel is a moneyspinner but instead due to bad attitude of management and staff it's service is barely 2*.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite on the 7th floor of the original building (and ask for furniture for the roof terrac...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rustie2001
Izmir, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

good design , clean rooms , very close to city center

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank selin y
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Just finished my second stay at this hotel - the new extension has increased the number of rooms and its a great boutique type hotel to stay in. Staff are great and very helpful. Location is one block from the 4 Levent subway stop which makes getting about very straight forward. Value for money this hotel is very hard to fault and I much prefer staying here than in a corporate chain hotel. the wifi is much improved now and its free which I love - can't stand it when hotels try and charge for a utility

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank paul h
melisgencer, Manager at Mood Design Suites, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Thank you very much, we really would like to see you soon.
Hudson, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed at the Mood Design Suites our first night in Istanbul. We hired an airport transfer through the hotel and they were waiting for us when we arrived and picked us up in a sporty little van... top notch! When you arrive at Mood you are instantly taken with how modern it is... you feel like you're walking into Alice in Wonderland with the lighting and over-sized furniture... definitely a fun atmosphere!~

We stayed here only for one night because it was off the beaten path... which was great for 1 night, but we were looking to get into the action for the rest of our stay. We loved our first night in Istanbul in the Levent 4 area... it really pushed us out of our comfort zone and helped us to understand the "real" side of the city... not just the tourism.

The rooms are AMAZING. The pool/sauna was superb, breakfast was not included. However, the value of this room was OUTSTANDING (70 Euros a night), so I can see why they aren't adding the breakfast to the bill... also, they're all alone in their location, so they don't need to be competitive.

Overall we LOVED staying here... mostly because the rooms are so great. The service wasn't over-the-top helpful, but helpful enough. The location is definitely far away from the tourist stuff... which can be good or bad depending on what kind of focus your trip carries. Stay here if only for one night, like we did! A fun experience and you won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple