“Excellent location but hardest beds I ever slept on”

The House Hotel Nisantasi
Ranked #165 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I was in Istanbul for business and my husband was joining me for the weekend, so I chose this hotel because of the location and the recommendations. The hotel in general looks great, service is excellent and everybody tries their best to provide everything you ask for. The breakfast buffet was delicious. I would have rated this as a fantastic hotel. Unfortunately the mattress were so thin that I couldn't sleep (it was like a hard sponge on top of a wooden plataform). I requested pillows to try to soften the pressure against my bones but it only helped a little. My husband also had a terrible sleep. We were so tired from not sleeping that we couldn't enjoy the visits as much as we should. Later I found out that in Turkey people like hard beds and that I can understand, but if this hotel is aiming for international tourists they should find a solution. For the rest this hotel was very charming, in great location and with excellent food and service.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
The House H, General Manager at The House Hotel Nisantasi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Dear Guest,
We would like very much to express our appreciation for taking time to share your feedback about The House Hotel Nisantasi. Your insight is very much valuable by me and my team here at the hotel.
We are sorry to hear that your experience about beds did not meet your expectations.İt is the first time for us t to receive a negative feedback about our beds. They are the best quality in Turkey and we try to put extra comfortable models for everyone. But we understand your sensitivity regarding beds and we put this information to your profile in our system. Next time you visit us, we will provide extra mattress padding for you to feel and sleep more comfortably.
Once again, thank you for your review and İ hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The House Hotel Nisantasi in the near future.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

If you want to stay in one of the poshest locality of Istanbul, then this is the place..We stayed here from 26 to 31 December 2011..and we just loved staying here..the roads were all lit up for Newyear celebrations and the road was covered with red carpet...There r lots of lovely eating joints plus there is a mall nearby, which has a food court which offers more dining options. We however faced a bit of a problem getting taxis from Kabatas (nearby tram station) back to the room as the roads in Nisantasi get very crowded in the evenings and taxi drivers r reluctant to drive to that street... Otherwise an overall a great place to stay...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Hema R

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing you're the House Hotel Nisantasi experience on TripAdvisor. Unfortunately like every other big cities, we do have traffic problems but luckily, our hotel locates in a very good part of town, which you can walk almost to everywhere and use all the transportations other than taxi.
We appreciate the feedback . Our aim is to make our guests stays unique and unforgettable in İstanbul and we would like to ensure they get an exclusive service and authentic experience with us.
We hope to see you again in the near future when your travels brings you back to this part of the world.
Kind regards

Reviewed 28 November 2011

This is a beautiful hotel situated in the "hippest" part of Istanbul with restaurants, clubs, cafes all around. The staff were very nice. The breakfast buffet is just ok. My biggest complaint is with the functionality of the room. There is no closet - just a small rack with hangers and 2 very tiny drawers so I lived out of my suitcase for 6 days. It's meant to be stylish not functional. I requested an iron twice but it never arrived. They only have one printer which is at the reception desk (which is on the 2nd floor) so the only way to print anything is to email it to the reception. The "business center" is one computer with no printer. I only traveled with my iPad so I was not able to print my boarding pass. Very disappointing in a hotel that is trying to be a 5-star luxury hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank kgdspd
The House H, General Manager at The House Hotel Nisantasi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at The House Hotel Nisantasi on TripAdvisor.

We are very sorry for the challenges you experienced and appreciate your feedback. We do have a 24 hour guest service hotline as well as managers on duty that are always available should you need any assistance or anything need to be corrected.

We are a luxury boutique hotel and our rooms designed as Art Deco and organized to serve enough space but not to make our guests feel overwhelmed. I regret to hear that you felt our rooms were not sufficient. Our aim is to make our guests stays unique and unforgettable with us. So please do not hesitate to contact me next time you are in Istanbul and perhaps alter your perception.

Please find my contact details below

0090 531 969 74 85

Reviewed 22 November 2011

If you're looking for a wonderful boutique hotel in Istanbul, right in the center of the most fancy, shopping area of the town, not too far but neither too close to the touristic downtown, with big, elegant rooms, then the House Hotel is the best choise. Don't know where to start from: the rooms are really spacious (we had a deluxe), very clean, with elegant decoration, modern comforts and luxury amenities and bed linen. The breakfast was of a very good quality and variety, more like an exclusive brunch. The staff is polite and helpfull. Especially need to refer to the Front Desk Manager who did his best to satisfy my request for an upper floor room. As for the location, Nisantasi is the area where you can find all the luxury brands and boutiques, elegant restaurants and coffee shops. If you want to visit the monuments, downtown, you definetely need transportation but frankly speaking after a day's walk in the "spicy" and "adventurous" streets of Sultahnmet and Grand Bazaar, the return to the elegance and quiteness of Nisantasi is the best way to end the evening. Nothing negative for this hotel, only a very small comment: the towels seemed rather used and less soft that they should be... simply a small "default"

Room Tip: Choose a larger, "deluxe" room / no special view from the rooms, simply the road
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marilena177

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your The House Hotel Nisantasi experience on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate the level of detail you provided. It was great to have you stay with us and we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at the hotel and in Istanbul. Our aim is to make our guests stays unique and unforgettable in Istanbul and we would like to ensure they get and exclusive service and authentic experience with us.

Also we as a brand, recently changed our towels and sheets to the more quality collection and it has been very well received from our guests.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

What a pleasure from start to finish. From the Bellboy right through to the cleaning staff this hotel was such a great experience.

On arrival I was upgraded and had a huge room with the most plush carpets and clever design. I never wanted to leave the hotel and felt quite sad everytime I walked out the door.

The staff are amazing and charming and have excellent service. The background music during the day and at breakfast was perfectly chosen. Breakfast won top of my list for my entire stay in Turkey ( a tall order). The mini bar - substantial

The only problems I experienced with my room was a strange spot on the carpet - like something had been spilled there previously and although substantial effort had been made to clean it up, it was the one thing that was out of place, that and the ipod docking station didnt work - after calling reception they advised they had no idea why it didnt work - but it wasnt a big problem due to all the other amazing features of the room.

I loved the design of the hotel and was made to feel more than welcome to stay there... I only wish I could have stayed longer, but I might never have left.

The hotel is reasonably close to public transport and travellers should be warned when taking a taxi from Taxim Square - it should cost you around 10TL at the most. My first taxi took full advantage and charged me 20TL - I was too tired to argue.

On leaving the hotel, they concierge organised me a taxi at a decent and honest fare, so perhaps ask them to organise your pickup too.

Loved the hotel and am thrilled to have stayed there

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank TouringTrick

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Your comments with regards to the spot on the carpet will be shared with the House Keeping team. But I would like to give you a small explanation; some spots do not come out no matter how strong chemical we use, so we need to replace it and after discussing it with my team, we can assure you that we will do our best to solve the problem. For the Ipod desk station, sometimes unfortunately the electrical devices might stop working due to poor power, but I will have them checked again. Thank you.
You recognized many areas in which we met or exceeded your expectations as well as a few areas we will work on to improve.(glad there was only two)

We are sorry for the challenge you experienced with the taxi driver. As you know we do have a 24 hour driver and taxi service.

Thank you again for your review and look forward to welcoming you back. We know your next visit will be a great one.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

Hey all u hotel seekers,
This is definitely the hotel you are looking for! If you are searching to stay in an upscale area with shops, restaurants and cafes all around. This is nisantaci. I just got back two days ago from a six night stay at this hotel. Simply six days of paradise and lesiure! We felt like royalty at the house hotel. From the minute we stepped in we felt the hospitality from the concierge to the front desk. The room is spacious and modern. The hotel is very well kept. All the staff speak English definite plus in turkey. And the amazing tulcay at the front desk was very helpful all the time, he gave us great advice from where to go, how to go, reservations you name it.. Will definitely stay here again and again and again!

Room Tip: We were 3 couples we had a standard room and it was spacious and our other friends had even bigger r...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We’re so pleased that our staff, rooms and comfortable stay made your trip to Istanbul memorable and enjoyable.

Our aim is to make our guests stay unique and unforgettable in Istanbul and we would like to ensure they get an exclusive service and authentic experience with us.

Once again thank you very much for your review and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The House Hotel Nisantasi in the near future

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 November 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in 2010.

The area is not far from Taksim (although a fair walk/taxi away) and unless the weather is nice for a walk (maybe 20 mins or so) then I wouldn't say it's that great for public transport.

Then again it is at the higher end, and the area is almost like Bond Street/Mayfair in London with plenty of high end designer shops nearby and some decent eateries.

I would rate this hotel in the 4/5 star range, although the breakfast was very ordinery, the rooms were nice and there are always bonus points for the Nespresso machines in the room!

Very comfortable to stay in this hotel, but perhaps better on repeated visits to istanbul and not the first time as the tourist sites aren't in this area, nor is the public transport something I would describe as local.

No complaints about the room.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank me1000uk

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your The House Hotel Nisantasi experience on TripAdvisor. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments with regards to breakfast service will be shared with the team-thank you.

As you appreciated our hotel located in the center of the city which gives you an opportunity to walk everywhere and a very short few blocks away from the metro and bus stations. We also have a 24 hours driver and taxi services.

Once again, we appreciate your recommendation and your feedback and hope to see you in the near future.

Best regards,