“Perfect stay”
Review of Hotel Sultan House

Hotel Sultan House
Ranked #187 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My mum and I stayed here for three nights on a city break to Istanbul, our first time here. The hotel lived up to the rave reviews on here- very comfortable, clean and modern rooms, tasty breakfast and close to all amenities- the Blue mosque is at the end of the street! What sets this apart from any hotel I have stayed at is the friendly hospitality- Ramazan and his staff (I'm sorry I don't recall all your names) cater to your needs and makes sure you feel at home. Thank you to you all for a brilliant stay!

Room Tip: The homemade chocolate cake at breakfast is immense- don't go on a diet while youre here :)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nawaaz89

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The Sultan House Hotel is brilliant

Great hospitality, superb location and decent rooms

We stayed for 4 nights, had emailed the hotel before the trip and they arranged for airport collection there and back for 30Euros each way

Location couldn't be better - 2 mins walk from Blue Mosque, 5 from Hagia Sofia and the tram stop

Staff were so attentive, giving travel tips, resturant bookings, where to get the cheapest nice Turkish delight, and always trying to make things better for our stay

The room (we were upgraded to the suite) is just what you need if you don't plan on staying in it for long periods of time

If you're booking in Istanbul check this place out!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My wife and I spent a couple days in Istanbul in March, on the tail end of a European visit. We had booked the nights at the Sultan House, based on previous reviews and location. We found the stay to be everything, and more, than expected.

Ramazan was so accomodating! He sat us down and talke to us for a bit when we got there, got to know us, and determine our interests. He also upgraded our room at no extra cost. He gave us fantastic directions and tips on visiting local sights. And the major sights in Istanbul are so close to this location!

The staff made sure that we were well fed with a wonderful breakfast! They helped us on our way with directions! They also visited with us over tea and couldn't be more helpful. They helped us decide restaurants based on our preference, and arranged gratis transportation to a couple of the nicest restaurants I have ever eaten at! And did I tell you how close we were to everything! And that they arranged airport treansportation for us!

I happened to lose a dear posession on my last nite in Istanbul. After I left, Ramazan eventually found it at the police station. He brokered a method to get my posession, and sent it to me via post. Lucky thing, as I could not deal with the police because of language difficulties! my posessions made it to me in perfect shape.

I cannot reccommend a more wonderful place to stay, great location, and the most friendly and accomodating staff I have ever met! i feel like I have met dear freinds for life and look forward to returning!

Room Tip: Stay higher up in Hotel if street noise bothers you.
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Before I begin I have to say that I always read Tripadvisor reviews before booking anywhere. I read the review that rated this place as terrible. What numpties that party must have been. I can honestly say that my stay at Sultan House was a delight. The room, and yes it was the basement room, was absolutely fine for the price I paid. It had everything I needed. It was plenty large enough and very clean. Breakfasts were great. There was plenty to eat and a good range of food. The location is second to none, only 2 minutes to the blue mosque and in a quiet nieghbourhood. The staff were, and I don't use this word often, magnificent. I've rarely met a friendlier and more helpful group of people. It's a small place and all the better for that.
I think we have a group of travellers who find it difficult to tell the difference between 5 star hotels with all their bells, buzzers and whistles and the smaller range of hotels that are starting to crop up. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. I have to return to Istanbul and this is where I will be staying.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Ideal place to be for visiting completely and easily Istanbul ! Close to many monuments, transportation, restaurants and a wonderful view. All of excursions can be done by foot.
Clean and big rooms, all pretty new interior with a wonderful view on Blue Mosquee !!
Very nice and welcoming staff.

In conclusion => 4 great days with my family

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cam e
Reviewed 18 March 2014

two friends and I stayed at the Sultan House for 3 nights. We could not have been happier with the location - right next to all the sights of Sultanahmet and a two minute walk to the tram station if you want to go further afield. We were looked after incredibly well and I can't praise the service of the staff enough - nothing was too much trouble for them. Sultan House has a very authentic feel - much nicer than a sterilized chain hotel in my opinion. The breakfast was traditional Turkish - great eggs! All in all I cannot rate Sultan House highly enough and would 100% stay there again!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view of the Blue Mosque which we were lucky enough to have
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2014

When I went on the Sultan House website and read how close it was to so many key attractions I thought they were exaggerating. They weren't! You turn the corner and there, in all its Ottoman glory, is the Blue Mosque! This means you can get up after early morning call to prayer, do the mosque and come back to the hotel for a leisurely breakfast - they do their omelettes to order too!

I'm a bad sleeper and yet, being that close to so many calls for worship, the bed was so comfy I slept through dawn call and early morning on all three nights, which was amazing. It was such a relief to get away from beds so hard you get bruised trying to sleep in them. I like them a little softer, but that's just me. Pillows were soft too and not lumpy. Nice size shower and they even had conditioner as well as shampoo :-)

We had asked the hotel to arrange a collection at the airport which cost 30Euro and they booked us a shuttle back, which only cost 14 Euro and saved time and hassle on the Sunday. The staff were exceptionally welcoming and very helpful in hooking us up with a lovely restaurant at the other end of the street for dinner on the night we arrived.

Plus there are divine baklava in a bakery 2 mins walk away!

Room Tip: I did ask for a high floor room which apparently would have given us a a view, but it was nice anywa...