“A wonderful experience with a view of the Bosphorus, great adventerous dining”

Armada Terrace Restaurant
Ranked #158 of 14,918 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed 14 November 2012

This is a nice restaurant in Istanbul Turkey on the "toursit" side of the bridge. About a 10 minute walk from the Old Bazaar. Reservations recommended. I went with a friend who lives locally. He ordered us the Sultan's feast. I high recommend this to experience samples of everything Turkish cuisine has to offer. Several trays were presented and they looked as good as they tasted. If you don't like grape leaves, you will like them here. The quality and fresh preparation of the food made even me a person with a discerning palate enjoy every item that was on the platter. Turkish coffee with dessert was worth making a lovely memory on the last night of my trip with a friend I hadn;t seen since college. There are live birds in a cage near the steps, there are live turtles in the lobby fountain. Very interesting adventerous dining experience!

1  Thank Genny164

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Wow, what views! And, such a peaceful hotel to stay at. The food is fabulous, the wine is delicious! A great place!

1  Thank Christie V
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Food was very good, I thought esp. the grilled seabass though the shrimps in the salad were overcooked. Service was attentive & the price was very reasonable, oh and the view is fabulous as others have mentioned.

1  Thank SfWanderlust
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My friend read in his Lonely Planet book that this place was the best in Sultanahmet (although this area isn't known for spectacular food), so we decided to splurge and treat ourselves to a nice lunch at the rooftop restaurant.

Fantastic views of the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, and the sea. But the food was quite disappointing. The cold appetizer was okay, my cherry juice was good, but my fish did not taste fresh.

Beautiful presentation, but we've had much better food at lower prices in Istanbul. I guess we paid for the ambiance and the view, but the food was not spectacular.

Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

I have visited several terrace restaurants during my trip to Istanbul, and in my opinion this offers the best view, with AyaSofya and the Blue Mosque being the background of an enchanted scene. And the view is the same even if the weather is poor, as the second covered terrace offers the same panorama.

The menu is wide and well explained, both fish and meat. A set-typical dinner menu is proposed @ LT 79 per person, not cheap but includes also liqueur and Turkish coffee (but wine is an extra) and an amazing main course of several kinds of meat (it is in the à la carte menu, too). A dinner for two comes at LT140 (no wine). The quality is remarkable, the presentation of some dishes might be improved.

The service... Well, apart from few exceptions (and the nice multilingual Ipex is one of them) I can say that it seems these people never learnt to smile. Polite, decently efficient, no doubt. But a smile, especially from the maître, would be appreciated, time to time.

A nice experience.