“a very good conference hotel”
Review of The Marmara Taksim

The Marmara Taksim
Ranked #95 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 17 June 2012

stayed for a conference. very smooth check in and check out. good breakfast and other food, but do not order room service, better eat out, next door is Kichennette resto.
location is perfect, in front of THE Taksim square. easy to get by taxi and metro. close to the famous walking shopping area, Istiklal. and walking distance to Topaz restaurant! recommended with beautiful view of the bridge!

Room Tip: ask for facing the sea. very noisy infront of the square.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,300)

Reviewed 9 June 2012

the whole concept of staying in a nice hotel in Istanbul is to have a view, most 5 stars hotels in Istanbul has restaurants/bars on the top floor overlooking the biosphere and the city. and this is why we choose to stay in 5 star hotels, booking.com and the hotel themselves advertise the roof restaurant with an amazing view heavily. when we checked in, we were informed that the entire top floor with the restaurant and the bar..etc all closed for renovation.. something like that should be featured on their website and on booking.com website. not advertised, a respectable 5 stars hotel would inform guest beforehand.

Room Tip: ask if the top floor is already done before you book.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Wael B
Reviewed 8 June 2012

The Marmara Taksim is a fine hotel in a very central location. The rooms are pleasant, the service is good, and the spa/fitness center is terrific. Two drawbacks. First, the Taksim area is a sea of humanity and traffic, so the minute you leave the hotel, things are incredibly hectic. second, the hotel's flagship restaurant is being renovated and the one that remains is only a buffet.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mikep244
Reviewed 6 June 2012

My experience at the Maramara started off badly. I arrived to the hotel at 730am. i asked for an early check in but they apologized saying that the hotel is fully booked (???). Anyway i asked politely to consider us for the earliest possible check in and they sure did!!!. they had me and my 70 year old mother wait for SIX and a HALF HOURS. we checked into the room at 2:45pm. I can't say they were rude but they most certainly were not helpful.

My aunt was checking the next day so i tried to avoid the same issue by asking them to arrange an early check-in and AGAIN they say we are fully booked so I say how do we solve this problem and the front desk lady says (and here is the catch) pay for the earlier night, so i counter "but the hotel is fully booked" >>>>she goes silent, I just walk away.

Generally speaking the Hotel is in good condition and very clean to be honest. I did not like the modern style lobby however. the service is modest at best.

Breakfast was above average for me although my mother did not like it one bit. I dare not ask for a refund of course they would've chopped my head off.

I lost the safe key and that set me back a USD100. Fair enough i guess.

At check out the same lady that i had the conversation about early check-in asked if i needed help with my luggage and i said yes. I waited for 15mins at the room door to no avail so i had carry my 4 bags with me to the lobby. She saw me all crumbled shuffling my feet carrying the four bags and offered no apology or assistance.

Finally i must give credit where credit is due. Izmet the waiter at the breakfast lounge was the only genuine smiling face in the establishment. I must also say that all though room furniture is outdated it is clean . The bathroom is old but spotless. the linens are fresh and clean and the public restrooms are less so but acceptable (barely).

Room Tip: If you're looking to be in middle of it (the hustle and bustle) then this is the place for you.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank huzybee17
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I will point out key areas:
1. booking- too much pain: My husband initially made a online booking, against his company discounts, but he did not get it and he called them , they said you cancel it and we will book it right away with applying discounted rates. while on call we cancelled the booking and as soon as we cancelled, they said no more rooms available book a room for higher tariff, we felt cheated and indeed we were, but when we circulated the email about this to their manager, we got booking confirmed in same rooms.... :) no more explanation required here :P

2. room service: poor, we had to call them for water, tea , toiletries, laundry several times , else they wont show up , and some... it did not even match a 3 star service, their toiletries product were not even good, I bought my own...

3. facilities: not much , basics were there.

4. room size: too small

5. food: excellent.

6. spa/haman: bad, only one conman hamam for men/women and that too very small room. I being a lady could not utilize it at all, but gym was good and so was the trainer there.

7. Location : the best reason one should make a booking here.
MEtro, bus stand is just below hotel, the famous istiklal street is next to hotel... all travel agents, are just 50 meters away...

u name it and u get it kind of location :)

Room Tip: Basic difference in rooms are : 1. view, if you want a real city then go for its price is lower and...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Shubhi_Rohit
Reviewed 24 May 2012

nice location and free wifi , this is all.

service , consierge , front desk , housekeeping , room
is way below standart

it was our first time in istanbul , but we will go there again , we love the city..

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple