“Marmara Taksim”

Ranked #100 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Marmara Taksim”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Best location in Istanbul Taksim. I have stayed in this hotel 4 times but recently nothing changed except the reception and the restaurant.
Near to all the means of transport that one can imagine. The front rooms are besst but the back nothing to see. The hotel rooms is quite expensive too.

It needs a lot of renovation in the rooms especially the bathrooms. It looks shabby and the sound of siphon is clearly heard.
Since 2010 when visited they mentioned that they started the upper floors refurbishing and till in end 2013 still unfinished.
Hope soon it will be done as I like the hotel and its location.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. This assist in bringing the customer and again.
Can hear anybody passing in corridor as the rooms doors are very old.

Room Tip: Better to select the upper floors rooms which are already renovated as hey said but I did not vieew...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
TheMarmaraTaksim, Guest Relations Manager at The Marmara Taksim, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Faniya B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate you being our guest and for choosing The Marmara Taksim Hotel as your home away from home in Istanbul. As for the rooms, please be informed that the hotel is going through an extensive renovation project at the moment. I can assure you that for your next stay you may relax in a completely redecorated room after a long day of sightseeing and enjoy the perks of being right in the heart of this wonderful city.

All of us here are looking forward to welcoming you back in not too distant future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I attended a conference at this hotel and ate at the Raika restaurant on top of the hotel - didn't have a room, though.
The conference facilities were very good, impeccable technical facilities and support. The catering was truly great - with the variety of goodies available it was still a treat after three days of conference.
I had dinner twice at the Raika restaurant on the 20th or so floor. The view from up there is absolutely stunning. Different views from the bar or the restaurant, both stunning, overlooking the Taksim Square, the Bosporus, the Golden Horn, the illuminated bridge. It is really worth going up there, even just for a drink. The food is very good, Turkish specialties (also wine and cheese, excellent choice of Turkish gourmet food). We enjoyed the service as well, very professional, easy-going, attentive - very good atmosphere. Bring your camera.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
TheMarmaraTaksim, Guest Relations Manager at The Marmara Taksim, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Silvia B,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review about your experience at The Marmara Taksim Hotel. We would have loved to have you as our guest but are happy you had a chance to benefit from our conference facilities and indulge in the fine cuisine that the rooftop restaurant has to offer. We have the same spectacular view from our rooms facing both the Bosphorus and the Golden Horn and hope to be able to host you on your next visit so you can see it for yourself.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The hotel has a great location , rooms are large, cleaning service is ok, but furniture is quite
old. My room had a veiw of the back street so I can say nothing good about the veiw. The staff was not very helpful and friendly. It is not a good value for money. You can make much better choice in this area.

Room Tip: Choose higher floors with a nice veiw in the wing which faces the see.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank elena b
Dear Elena B,

Thank you for finding the time to share your thoughts with us on Trip Advisor. First and foremost please accept my sincere apologies that we haven't been able to deliver the levels of service, that you have rightfully come to expect from The Marmara Taksim Hotel. As you kindly noted, the rooms are tired and that is the very reason why there is a renovation at the hotel. We are currently upgrading our rooms and would appreciate if you could give us another chance once the refurbishment is finished. We would be thrilled to host you in our newly done rooms next time you are visiting Istanbul.

Cairo, Georgia
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel location is very good , just 5 minuts walk from Takseem square , connected with all transportation network Buses, tram
Metro ,
The hotel it self has 2 wings , the left one is over looking the sea with great view of Istanbul the right one is not that good,
Old furniture , not the good cleaning services , but great reception crew , very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank khaled_Belal
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at The Marmara Taksim Hotel. Just as you have mentioned, we are perfectly located in the heart of Istanbul, which allows our guests to make the best of their time here. I have passed on your kind comments to my colleagues at the reception and all of us look forward to welcoming you back when you visit this wonderful city again!

Corfu, Greece
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My friends and myself visited the Marmara Restaurant and Bar 14 days ago. The place is amazing, the view...without words...Maybe this is the best place in Istanbul. The hotel is decorated and made with hight quality. The coffees and the food were good, also the prices.
The bad point in all of this, were a young lady. As we understood she was responsible for the Bar. She was so noisy without reason. She had a problem with someone who was making professional pictures from the bar to Bosporus. She was shouting and the other quests and us we had to hear her problem for 30 minutes. After she solve her problem she was walking through the tables with her absolutely noisy heels and an arrogant face. We though that this impression was only from us, but we heard the next table quests conversation and they had the same opinion with us.
After this we decided to leave this place, and her noise and visit the Restaurant The responsible lady in Restaurant was so professional, the best person for this place, we were happy and we had to have our dinner. But...this young lady came again to the entrance of the Restaurant and she was speaking so loud in Turkish. And she was doing this all the time... We could hear her walking everywhere and speaking so loud to everyone...All of us, working in Hotel industries in big hotels and really, we were wondering, nobody from the managers noticed her behavior? Nobody noticed that this place needs professionals like the lady in Restaurant? In elevator we had this conversation and a guy told us that she was annoyed from her noise and she was very arrogant.
I hope this was her bad day and nothing more.
The only reason that i write this letter is the wonderful place. In a such amazing place, Turkish have to respect their quests at all. I m sure the managers have to attend little more their stuff...
And us a professional I have to tell you that a good 'Responsible' person for a department have to find the balance between the department and the quests. And when it is a problem, have to solve it and not to make it bigger. For example, i learned that the hotel doesn't allow pictures and the security came to through this person out...why i had to learn that, me, my friends and the other quests? It is not good for the hotel....I m sure the managers have to check the stuff little more...

To finish, I recommend this place at all, if someone visits Istanbul and don't come to Marmara Bar, he missed so many things...

Room Tip: The hotel is just amazing !!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
TheMarmaraTaksim, Guest Relations Manager at The Marmara Taksim, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Thanos D,

We are very glad that you have taken the time to post a review about your experience at The Raika restaurant. Though located on top of The Marmara Taksim Hotel, this restaurant is run independently and is not part of the hotel. However, we appreciate your feedback and have passed on your comments to the management of the Raika restaurant.
I am pleased to hear that you liked our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in not too distant future.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I have spent 3 Business Days in this nice hotel. The sea view was great from my room and it is perfectlly located in Taksim Square and close to Istiklal Street. You must visit Raika Resturant in the 20th Floor with amazing Panorama View. Food was very delicious as any other place in Istanbul. Definitely it will be on the top of my prefered hotels, Whenever I will visit Istanbul.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to submit a review of your stay at The Marmara Taksim Hotel. The location of our hotel definitely gives us a competitive advantage and our guests are pleased with the amazing view of both the Golden Horn and the Bosphorus from the rooms and a short walk to the major pedestrian street offering a wide range of cafes, restaurants and shops.
We are happy you enjoyed your time with us and hope to have another chance to welcome you in this wonderful city!

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I've travelled a lot since I work in a world famous organization. At least 8 times had been in Turkey and stayed in a 5 star hotels. Whitin them Marmara Taksim was the unforgetable one with its services, delicious and healty food, especially with its personal.
Very professional management, excellent staff in a reception made me and my family feel quite comfortable.
I do have a doughter one year and half. It was always problem to go out with her for shopping, because she is hyper active and never let us feel comfortable.
But this time everything was superb. Thanks a lot to a brilliant lady ( her name was Minay, she said that she is azeri) who really helped us. She was approaching to my doughter like her mum and first time my lady decided to stay with Minay in a hotel and we had enjoyed our time. She is quite professional and with her natural smile she made my family and the people around to feel at home over the hotel
Thank you very much to Marmara Taksim hotel head manager for involving such a smart people to their staff

• Stayed December 2013
TheMarmaraTaksim, Guest Relations Manager at The Marmara Taksim, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very, very much for your very, very kind message on Trip Advisor. My colleagues and I are absolutely thrilled to read such wonderful comments about your stay at The Marmara Taksim Hotel. How lucky for us that you chose to stay in our property on this trip with your family since we love pampering our young guests, whom we see as kings and queens. It was such a delight to interact with your family and I am glad we could make you feel at home.

On behalf of my colleagues I would like to thank you once again for your highest recommendations and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you next have a chance to get away.